Orbals OFFICIALLY RELEASED (and retracted) for iOS

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Disappointing FS would go down the IAP route, but since everyone else is doing it why not I guess. :D

Patiently awaiting the next table release.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
unique dlc? and fukly featured

the way orballicks is setup it cripples an already subpar game to a very crude implentation of iap

i shoukd email a fee articles to support

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
unique dlc? and fukly featured

the way orballicks is setup it cripples an already subpar game to a very crude implentation of iap

i shoukd email a fee articles to support

Ok, I can see that. It's the difference between buying new levels or chapters as opposed to buying in game currency. Got it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
to be fair this might just be an aiccdental beta release made in error....i bloody well hope so but i got that feelin in me geek loins

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i considered that man but any sewsoned vetkess theres a table he wants a feature on its one if the inky gimmicks in tpa, loke ballskins , my standard texture is fine cheers, tho winning them as a free reward is oretty ****ing neat,

what im getting at is that model of iap is pretty scummy oritals wise its not a game drsigned for anyine but 3-5 yr olds, the guys are brooding and laying **** eggs!

i jjst channeled mr kahey hey me and kater be in chat jump in

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Time to troll Facebook with links.

UPDATE:

u3upe7uz.jpg

OMG it gets worse! Orbals is basically a remake of one of Farsight's earlier titles...

2uzunadu.jpg

Shirt the bed, this is a bloody debacle.

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
i think this really goes to show just how clueless management is at farsight.

Kudos to all the employees, programmers, artists, who still give a **** and do their best under such bad choices.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Updated my post with a conversation I'm having on Facebook. I'm just waiting for it to be moved...

Mojo 2: Orballs

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Farsight did not want anyone to know that this was released
Looking at the app I can see why

R

Rhandos

I understand that Farsight as a company wants to have more than one game to stand on, but… ugh.

On a positive mode, more devs free for TPA again!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I never, ever, do in app purchasing. If the game is engaging enough, I will patiently wait for energy bars to fill, or another daily allotment of e-tickets. When I can barely suffer through the very first level though? I was fighting the controls and camera just to move in a straight line! Having the level end and seeing the IAP option so quick, complete turn off. Deleted off the phone immediately. And I've kept plenty of crappy half baked games on my phone for much longer.

On a side note...I completely understand the business model for IAP. Give the game for free, hook 'em, and then nickel and dime 'em. To me it's no different than playing Final Fight in the arcade, or TMNT or Simpsons or any of those late 80's-early 90's side scroller beat 'em up games. You could easily pass the first few levels on a quarter. As the game progressed, there was no way you weren't gonna get hit with that 'continue?' screen, and in would go more quarters. By the time you got to the last levels, you were dropping quarters left and right because you were "so close".

What I don't like, is that some of these games I really like a lot. I'm having a great time with Trials: Frontier, and wish I could buy the game outright and play to my heart's content. But that is never an option, is it? So instead of getting $5 from me for the whole game, they'll get $0 out of me. Stupid, really.

I think Hearthstone is doing it the best I've seen currently. They just released an expansion that you can pay real money for, or you can earn in game gold and pay that way. Many have said it's not worth the effort of earning the gold, as that can be used to make other in game purchases that are more worth it. I say the fact there is a viable option of doing it either way is a win win for Blizzard. Those that can't wait, plunk down for the purchase. Those like me that aren't all hard corp about it, we're happy to grind and pay with in game gold. Either way, the customer is happy, which makes them keep playing the game.

I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.