Orbals OFFICIALLY RELEASED (and retracted) for iOS

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I hear what yer sayin' PinWiz. Orbals is a different community than here. But then FS did advertise Orbals in their newsletters to us. I also believe in squarely squashing badly implemented IAP before it has a chance of being put into TPA somehow and ruining our experience. I'm not against IAP, as the one Hearthstone uses is completely non intrusive. I think the general consensus here is to not give FarSight an inch in case they decide to take it a mile.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think that if Orbals is bad enough (I have not looked at it or played it personally, and it seems that the window of opportunity for doing so has been closed) that it can drive our normally-civilized members into fits of venomous outrage, then that's important information for FarSight to know should any of their staff read this thread.

Perhaps the expression of that outrage could have and should have been turned down a couple of notches, although to be honest, I just went looking through this thread and besides Heretic's usual vulgarity and a couple of jabs at FarSight's management for making such bad choices (including one where the programmers/artists/etc. were specifically singled out as being exempt from the criticism), I'm not seeing anything out of line here. Orbals is apparently a really bad game that's getting the withering criticism such a bad game would deserve.

On the other hand, now that Orbals has been retracted from the App Store, there's little sense in continuing to beat a horse that's no longer there, so I will ask our members to continue posting in this thread only if they have something truly new to contribute, and not to just pile on to the existing bashing of the game.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
The dead horse should keep being beat, because the other horses will see and hopefully decide not to trot down this road again.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Anyone got any gameplay vids of this game? I can't find anything about it beside some screen shots on the official site. How do you play this game? Not much info out there on this....

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Few things:

1) Release garbage, expect to get **** for it. Sorry but that's the way the world works. And has for quite some time.

2) This game has repeatedly been mentioned as a "reason" why TPA hasn't been getting updates/fixes as quickly as we would like. This steaming pile of dog-doo? Really?

3) Other than one or two possibly edgy posts, I don't see anything in this thread other than TRUTH. If PAF or FS can't take it, well... how about putting some QUALITY into your dev process and stop releasing half-baked trash to the public and expecting people to line up and swallow it. They still haven't understood the one concept that keeps companies profitable, and in business - QUALITY. If your goal is simply release some cheesy mobile game and make a handful of cash (Flappy Bird) then fine. If your model is to attract and retain both casual gamers and hardcore enthusiasts, based on a subscription-style content delivery - then you better make your framework and parent app SLICK and TIGHT. FS repeatedly fails on all counts.

4) As for "accidentally" posting an alpha build... whether this is, in fact, what happened (or not) - it's a HUGE indication of the lack of QA and testing/followthru that has plagued this company forever. How the holy hell does an alpha build get approved and posted to the App Store anyways?

Regardless, I fail to see anything in this thread that FS didn't bring upon themselves. Just because we are fans of TPA doesn't mean we line up and swallow turds in the name of "loyalty". Especially towards a company that can't even manage to handle their own money-making flagship app with any sort of consistency. To then delete an entire FB conversation, instead of acknowledging anything - WEAK SAUCE.

This company is rapidly losing any small amount of faith I had in them over the years. You pull resources from the PS4 launch and product dev, boogering that situation all to hell, and THIS awful game is why? smh

night

May 18, 2012
Few things:

1) Release garbage, expect to get **** for it. Sorry but that's the way the world works. And has for quite some time.

2) This game has repeatedly been mentioned as a "reason" why TPA hasn't been getting updates/fixes as quickly as we would like. This steaming pile of dog-doo? Really?

3) Other than one or two possibly edgy posts, I don't see anything in this thread other than TRUTH. If PAF or FS can't take it, well... how about putting some QUALITY into your dev process and stop releasing half-baked trash to the public and expecting people to line up and swallow it. They still haven't understood the one concept that keeps companies profitable, and in business - QUALITY. If your goal is simply release some cheesy mobile game and make a handful of cash (Flappy Bird) then fine. If your model is to attract and retain both casual gamers and hardcore enthusiasts, based on a subscription-style content delivery - then you better make your framework and parent app SLICK and TIGHT. FS repeatedly fails on all counts.

4) As for "accidentally" posting an alpha build... whether this is, in fact, what happened (or not) - it's a HUGE indication of the lack of QA and testing/followthru that has plagued this company forever. How the holy hell does an alpha build get approved and posted to the App Store anyways?

Regardless, I fail to see anything in this thread that FS didn't bring upon themselves. Just because we are fans of TPA doesn't mean we line up and swallow turds in the name of "loyalty". Especially towards a company that can't even manage to handle their own money-making flagship app with any sort of consistency. To then delete an entire FB conversation, instead of acknowledging anything - WEAK SAUCE.

This company is rapidly losing any small amount of faith I had in them over the years. You pull resources from the PS4 launch and product dev, boogering that situation all to hell, and THIS awful game is why? smh

So, you don't like it?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
a3unu7a7.jpg

Members online

Members online