PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #2 - Williams (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Williams Tables

• Alien Poker (1980)

Votes: 46 11.6%
  • Bad Cats (1989)

Votes: 93 23.5%
  • Banzai Run (1988)

Votes: 135 34.1%
  • Barracora (1981)

Votes: 27 6.8%
  • Black Knight 2000 (1989)

Votes: 176 44.4%
  • Blackout (1980)

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1993)

Votes: 190 48.0%
  • Comet (1985)

Votes: 58 14.6%
  • Cyclone (1988)

Votes: 150 37.9%
  • Diner (1990)

Votes: 167 42.2%
  • Earthshaker (1989)

Votes: 175 44.2%
  • F-14 Tomcat (1987)

Votes: 158 39.9%
  • Fire! (1987)

Votes: 60 15.2%
  • Fish Tales (1992)

Votes: 239 60.4%
  • Flash (1979)

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Getaway : High Speed II, The (1992)

Votes: 234 59.1%
  • Grand Lizard (1986)

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • High Speed (1988)

Votes: 124 31.3%
  • Hurricane (1991)

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • Jack•Bot (1995)

Votes: 150 37.9%
  • Jokerz! (1988)

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Jungle Lord (1981)

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • Junk Yard (1996)

Votes: 164 41.4%
  • No Fear : Dangerous Sports (1995)

Votes: 96 24.2%
  • Red & Ted’s Road Show (1994)

Votes: 209 52.8%
  • Road Kings (1986)

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Space Station (1987)

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Stellar Wars (1979)

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Swords of Fury (1988)

Votes: 111 28.0%
  • Time Warp (1979)

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You guys are missing the best part about all this.

High Speed 2 is a choice even with the tricky ZZ Top license!

Keep in mind, this is still not an "official" FarSight poll. So even though it's on the list, that don't mean nuthin'.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
This was very tough. So many great tables. System 11 heaven. While I favored System 11 I did pick some WPC titles. My picks and reasonings.

Bad Cats - Though I wished they had incorporated a two ball multiball similar to Taxi this is a guilty pleasure of mine. I love Python's artwork and the progressive advancement towards Jackpot is a great throwback, as is the mechanical backglass. Meow, meow, meow, meow!
Black Knight 2K - Great music, backglass, playfield and I love the call outs. I prefer 2K over the original. "Give me your money!"
Diner - Similar to Taxi in its rule set but with even better artwork and seems to command a higher price IRL. Fantastic backglass.
Earthshaker - First game with a shaker motor. The table that laid the groundwork for future Lawlor designs. Very colorful and the mirrored backglass is very catching. If we're getting Whirlwind, you gotta have EARTHSHAKER!!!
F-14 - It's loud, it's punishing, it's flashy, it's got "proud to be an American" smeared all over it, it's Steve Ritchie's F-14 Tomcat. "Now, you DIE!"
Fish Tales - Classic Mark Ritchie criss crossing ramps. Boat is very cool.Very tight playfield leads a very punishing game if you can't make your shots. Love the artwork. Even video mode is cool. Shoot those water skiers!
Getaway HSII - I like the first but I like the sequel better. Just like Black Knight. It takes the excellence of the original's design and supercharges it. ZZ Top is a must.
Junk Yard - I've played it a few times. This is a tough one to find. I think the art is cool as is the theme. This was one of my last picks and much of my decision was a result of how pricey this table is when found. Usually 3k-4k. Crane is a great toy. I believe this was Oursler's last game for Williams and displayed the different thinking that was going into them during the late 90's.
Red & Ted's Roadshow - Super Payday is almost as awesome as TZ's Lost in the Zone. Would be the bomb on PS4 with fully controlled GI. Nuff Said.
Space Station - 2001: A Space Odyssey is my favorite movie and this pin has a lot of influence from that film in the art package. Condition Green would be fantastic on PS4 with fully controlled GI. Personally, I want a real one.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I forgot to vote for Jokerz. That game is pure nostalgia for me, I don't think it stands a chance to win this poll but I really hope we will see it on tPA someday.

Banzai Run and Getaway II are also nostalgia but I never really liked Getaway II that much, it's just too few things to do on it. It would be one of those games that would be "dead" for me after playing (like crazy) for two days.

A lot of these games give me a "Taxi-feeling"...

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012
I forgot to vote for Jokerz. That game is pure nostalgia for me, I don't think it stands a chance to win this poll but I really hope we will see it on tPA someday.

Ah man, the one I wanted most from this list (Jokerz), and one of the few others who wants it forgot to vote for it? I am sad.

And re: your tag "Please, give us Dr Who!"... that was the one I wanted by far the most on a previous poll!.... You're not another me, are you?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I was really happy to see Barracora on here. I doubt it will be close to the top because its hard to find these days, but what an excellent game. There's definetly some machines on this poll that I like but I don't think would transfer well into TPA, like GL or even f14. Regardless, this poll makes me drool! Excited for the Bally poll, get some early 80s in here.

cosmicliam

Jun 26, 2013
No Fear!!!!!!!

The reason I own Pinball Arcade...loved this machine when I was a pupil...spend lots of time on this machine instead of being at school :rolleyes:
Trying to get a real one but prices are high :mad:

heybuddy

Feb 26, 2012
Bad Cats
Banzai Run
Comet
Cyclone
Fish Tales
Getaway : High Speed II, The
High Speed
Jack•Bot
Junk Yard
Red & Ted’s Road Show

I've played all but one of those in real life and Jack*Bot's the one. Ironically, that's the one I most want to play out of the Pin*Bot trinity.

qwertydvorak

Jun 26, 2013
Black Knight 2K - Great music, backglass, playfield and I love the call outs. I prefer 2K over the original. "Give me your money!"

I am wishing that Pinball Arcade had skipped Black Knight and just done 2K. It is far more fun as a table, and it at least has a soundtrack. Ever play Black Knight for an extended period ? The noise is ANNOYING. I have been hoping that BK2K ends up in PA, and I am hoping many people feel the same.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
The Getaway: High Speed II
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury
Swords of Fury

...what? You can't do that?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I am wishing that Pinball Arcade had skipped Black Knight and just done 2K. It is far more fun as a table, and it at least has a soundtrack. Ever play Black Knight for an extended period ? The noise is ANNOYING. I have been hoping that BK2K ends up in PA, and I am hoping many people feel the same.

Black Knight was a must do table for TPA. It was the first table that the drop targets were timed and the first multi-level machines. I got to play one in 1981 that was almost brand new from the distributor. I think I missed the machine coming into the bar by one day. It also was designed by Steve Ritchie, the best designer in my view. It was a fun machine and will be again when they ROM emulate the table. Plus, Mr. Ritchie was the voice of the Black Knight. I am not bothered by the noise of the machine because I have the volume off and listening to tunes.

I agree that BK2000 really needs to be part of TPA too. It has one of the best sound tracks I've ever heard for a pinball machine. The only one I like better is TAF.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
AWESOME freak'n poll!! And one hell of a beast as well... I'm really anticipating/fearing the Bally poll!!

I've a few tables I'm a bit disappointed weren't included though:

- Solar Fire
- Cosmic Gunfight
- Big Guns
- Scorpion

Am I the only one who likes these tables?

And one more I'm fairly sure I'm alone in liking:

- Pharaoh

You're not alone! I was hoping Pharaoh would be on the list as well.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
I don't get the appeal of card based poker tables. I mean why not just play with an actual deck?

Although come to think of it something like Liar's Poker/Indian Poker (that game where you stick a card to your forehead so everyone can see it but you) might be cool for a pinball game. Just take shots and make selections based on what you think you have.

While we're on luck games. They should add in Russian Roulette to a game. Where if you get the loaded chamber it shoots out a ball onto the table or gives you an extra ball. Sorry I get off on tangents sometimes.

Agreed. Roulette would make much more sense than a card game and be a really fun gimmick:D

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I would say they absoultely need to include Jack*Bot and Black Knight 2000.

Including the precurser tables but not the vastly superior 'sequels' isn't right! The game would always feel incomplete for this reason. It'd be like releasing High Speed but not The Getaway. Let's throw Earthshaker in the mix too, can't have Whirlwind without Earthshaker!

-****-... I just realized that I only voted 9, and my vote for BK2000 didn't register. I'm part of the problem! lol.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Mark's comment makes me wonder...has there been a sequel that you think is worse than the original? While I do prefer High Speed over The Getaway, it's only by the slightest of margins. I don't care for Hurricane near as much as I like Cyclone, but it's better than Comet to be sure. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.