PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #5 - Gottlieb/Premier (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Gottlieb/Premier Tables

• Big House (1989)

Votes: 72 22.5%
  • Bone Busters Inc. (1989)

Votes: 103 32.2%
  • Cactus Jack's (1991)

Votes: 112 35.0%
  • Class of 1812 (1991)

Votes: 181 56.6%
  • Cleopatra (1977)

Votes: 45 14.1%
  • Count-Down (1979)

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Cue Ball Wizard (1992)

Votes: 170 53.1%
  • Devil's Dare (1982)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Diamond Lady (1988)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (1995)

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Genesis (1986)

Votes: 69 21.6%
  • Gladiators (1993)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Haunted House (1982)

Votes: 221 69.1%
  • Joker Poker (1978)

Votes: 99 30.9%
  • Lights...Camera...Action! (1989)

Votes: 110 34.4%
  • Mario Andretti (1995)

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Mars God of War (1981)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Operation : Thunder (1992)

Votes: 90 28.1%
  • Rescue 911 (1994)

Votes: 130 40.6%
  • Roller Disco (1980)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Shaq Attaq (1995)

Votes: 68 21.3%
  • Sinbad (1978)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Solar Ride (1979)

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • Spirit (1982)

Votes: 73 22.8%
  • Street Fighter II (1993)

Votes: 144 45.0%
  • Surf 'n Safari (1991)

Votes: 91 28.4%
  • Time Line (1980)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • TX-Sector (1988)

Votes: 105 32.8%
  • Volcano (1981)

Votes: 51 15.9%
  • Wipe Out (1993)

Votes: 131 40.9%

• Total voters

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
This poll is like the other ones I've mainly voted for tables that I've played and seen on Visual Pinball. although there are some on this list I've never heard of and really took the time to watch game play videos before making a decision. My voting went like this :

Cactus Jack's
Class Of 1812
Genesis
Haunted House
Joker Poker
Operation : Thunder
Sinbad
Spirit
Time Line
TX-Sector

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Purely from a gaming perspective I want Street Fighter 2 the most even if it's not the best table - I think that sales would be good for Farsight and street fighter is really popular again right now, could bring in some more TPA players if they marketed it in the right areas.
Would a seperate licence be required or would the same licence for Big Bang Bar suffice?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Purely from a gaming perspective I want Street Fighter 2 the most even if it's not the best table - I think that sales would be good for Farsight and street fighter is really popular again right now, could bring in some more TPA players if they marketed it in the right areas.
Would a seperate licence be required or would the same licence for Big Bang Bar suffice?

They aren't made by the same company. SF2 pinball is by Gottlieb. BBB is made by Capcom which Farsight does not have the rights to produce ANY tables by them. If they did SF2 they would need to get the rights to the SF2 license from Capcom, though.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Well having played all of these in VP and some in real life here's my list:

Haunted House
Bone Busters
Cueball Wizard
Cactus Jack's
Surfin' Safari
Genesis
Class of 1812
Coutndown
Rescue 911
Volcano

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Haunted House and Cue Ball Wizard are the only two in that list that I actually want to see in TPA. Otherwise in my opinion it's a very poor selection of games. There's a reason that Gottlieb only have 3 games in the official Pinside Top 100.

Obviously ill look at each video and pick anything that jumps out at me, but Genie, Central Park, Big Shot and Goin Nuts are the most disappointing games In TPA for me, and I'd be perfectly happy if we don't see anymore Gottlieb tables for a long while.

I agree. (Although Rescue 911 is a fun table I'd love to see added, and Class of 1812 looks really good!)

Oh, and you can add Gorgar, Centaur, Firepower, and Black Knight to the list of disappointments, at least IMO. (Edited for the whiners)

Last edited:
N

netizen

So, you hate space themes, Genie, Central Park, Big Shot, Goin Nuts, Gorgar, Centaur, Firepower, and Black Knight. In addition to your new habit of speaking for other people and telling them what they should dislike - something you freaked about other people doing - is there actually anything you do like about TPA, or are you here just to complain?

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
So, you hate space themes, Genie, Central Park, Big Shot, Goin Nuts, Gorgar, Centaur, Firepower, and Black Knight. In addition to your new habit of speaking for other people and telling them what they should dislike - something you freaked about other people doing - is there actually anything you do like about TPA, or are you here just to complain?

I freaked out? Hahahaha For someone who's talking about complaining, you're sure doing a lot of it lately when it comes to someone else's opinions.

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing, you should try it. I know I'll be doing so after this post. :D

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So do you guys give more priority to tables you've played and liked or tables you've never plaued but look promising?

I remember loving pinball as a kid but can't recall a single table name, so all of them I play by what looks promising.

I do give priority to tables that I have played and liked in the physical world - and then I usually go with what looks promising. Sometimes though - I might not. In this polls case,to be honest - I don't see a big attraction for me with Class of 1812. So knowing that most likely it will get more then enough votes to get into the top ten without me...I voted for something else.

Haunted House and Cue Ball Wizard are the only two in that list that I actually want to see in TPA. Otherwise in my opinion it's a very poor selection of games. There's a reason that Gottlieb only have 3 games in the official Pinside Top 100.

Obviously ill look at each video and pick anything that jumps out at me, but Genie, Central Park, Big Shot and Goin Nuts are the most disappointing games In TPA for me, and I'd be perfectly happy if we don't see anymore Gottlieb tables for a long while.

I don't think that Pinside is the be all end all of the best pinball tables either. In the end,it's just an opinion list - same as this poll is. Case in point: Flight 2000 currently ranks in at #209 on the Pinside Top 300. IMO, it is one of the best Season 2 TPA tables out - and certainly better then a couple of the DMD tables we have to date on TPA.

That being said - I do understand that people have their own ideas as to what is good or bad. I have been fortunate enough to play many of TPA tables IRL (and by this weekend I'll have played most of what I'm missing). All I'm saying is people should keep an open mind when it comes to choosing - and you should be open to trying something new once in a while.

You might end up being pleasantly surprised...

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
So do you guys give more priority to tables you've played and liked or tables you've never plaued but look promising?

I remember loving pinball as a kid but can't recall a single table name, so all of them I play by what looks promising.

A little bit of both I'd say.

I can look at a table and instantly know if I'll like it or not. Again, I've always enjoyed the late 80's- 90's pin tables. I get more enjoyment out of the tables with cool mechanical features, like "Circus Voltaire" or "Tales of the Arabian Nights". When it comes to plain tables like "Central Park" or "Genie", I just get bored within a few seconds. I was never into Pinball for high scores and stuff like that. When it comes to voting, I usually vote for either what I know or what I think I'd enjoy. (Like "Class of 1812", I've never played it, let alone heard of it, but it looks pretty neat.)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I broke them up into two categories.

The must haves...
1) Haunted House
2) Joker Poker
3) Class of 1812
4) Devil's Dare

And the tables I like, or pins I haven't played but look good...
5) Bone Busters' Inc
6) Rescue 911
7) Spirit
8) Frank Thomas' Big Hurt
9) Wipe Out
10) TX-Sector

Monte Carlo would have definitely gotten one of my votes too. But I understand that every pin can't be in the poll.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
I love Street Fighter II, goofy though it may be, though I wonder if Zen already having their own (different) table might complicate the license.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I thought Street Fighter 2 was horrible. Is the list really that bad that its making everyone's top ten, or was I mislead being told its one of the worst pins ever.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
I'm right there with ya Mark.

What's wrong with SF2? It actually looks like a really good shooter's game. Granted, Car Crunch is WAY too easy with a standard-size pinball, the BG is probably one of the bottom 10 of all time and the game is borderline unplayable if the flippers are anything less than tip-top, but if you install a smaller pinball in the lower PF, get a better BG and keep those flippers at the top of their game, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be fun.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Oh, and you can add Gorgar, Centaur, Firepower, and Black Knight to the list of disappointments, at least IMO. (Edited for the whiners)

While I do enjoy DMD games like most others here the games that you don't like in TPA are the games that I play the most! These are the tables I'm playing the most right now: Flight 2000, Centaur, Space Shuttle, Gorgar, Firepower and Black Knight. They don't bore me at all. I think I play them more often because the game time is quite a bit shorter.

And now back to the topic at hand... I don't like SF2 either!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts