PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #5 - Gottlieb/Premier (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Gottlieb/Premier Tables

• Big House (1989)

Votes: 72 22.5%
  • Bone Busters Inc. (1989)

Votes: 103 32.2%
  • Cactus Jack's (1991)

Votes: 112 35.0%
  • Class of 1812 (1991)

Votes: 181 56.6%
  • Cleopatra (1977)

Votes: 45 14.1%
  • Count-Down (1979)

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Cue Ball Wizard (1992)

Votes: 170 53.1%
  • Devil's Dare (1982)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Diamond Lady (1988)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • Frank Thomas' Big Hurt (1995)

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Genesis (1986)

Votes: 69 21.6%
  • Gladiators (1993)

Votes: 62 19.4%
  • Haunted House (1982)

Votes: 221 69.1%
  • Joker Poker (1978)

Votes: 99 30.9%
  • Lights...Camera...Action! (1989)

Votes: 110 34.4%
  • Mario Andretti (1995)

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Mars God of War (1981)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Operation : Thunder (1992)

Votes: 90 28.1%
  • Rescue 911 (1994)

Votes: 130 40.6%
  • Roller Disco (1980)

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Shaq Attaq (1995)

Votes: 68 21.3%
  • Sinbad (1978)

Votes: 38 11.9%
  • Solar Ride (1979)

Votes: 44 13.8%
  • Spirit (1982)

Votes: 73 22.8%
  • Street Fighter II (1993)

Votes: 144 45.0%
  • Surf 'n Safari (1991)

Votes: 91 28.4%
  • Time Line (1980)

Votes: 31 9.7%
  • TX-Sector (1988)

Votes: 105 32.8%
  • Volcano (1981)

Votes: 51 15.9%
  • Wipe Out (1993)

Votes: 131 40.9%

• Total voters

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm not gonna vote for things that I'm not interested in.

I voted for tables that I liked or looked interesting. Why is it such a big deal? Hahaha

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with that. I chose 6 and those are the tables that looked interesting to me. To me Gottlieb's tables aren't as enticing as Williams/Sten's or even Bally's. That said All the tables in TPA that are Gottliebs I rarely play. Stern doesn't have much in TPA too but even Harley Davidson is a much more fun table to me that what Gottlieb has. Flight 2000 isn't out yet for the Ps3 and even trying it out on my SGS3, I would play it a lot when it comes out.

Of course Personal opinion. I respect those that like the old style of play or Pre 1980 tables and gottlieb's tables.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah I don't see anything wrong with that. I chose 6 and those are the tables that looked interesting to me. To me Gottlieb's tables aren't as enticing as Williams/Sten's or even Bally's. That said All the tables in TPA that are Gottliebs I rarely play. Stern doesn't have much in TPA too but even Harley Davidson is a much more fun table to me that what Gottlieb has. Flight 2000 isn't out yet for the Ps3 and even trying it out on my SGS3, I would play it a lot when it comes out.

Of course Personal opinion. I respect those that like the old style of play or Pre 1980 tables and gottlieb's tables.

Yeah, you'd think that would be a reasonable answer, but some people on here just like to whine a lot.

As for the Gottlieb tables, I agree. I play those the least. I find myself playing the Bally tables the most.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
100 Percent disagree about Street Fighter II, it's my favorite pin of all time, spent countless hours on it in the arcades (way back when). Just because it's not some peoples cup of tea doesn't mean it should not be included.

Mycekralid

Jul 21, 2013
- Bone Busters Inc. (1989)
- Devil's Dare (1982)
- Genesis (1986)
- Haunted House (1982)
- Operation : Thunder (1992)
- Spirit (1982)
- Street Fighter II (1993)
- Surf 'n Safari (1991)
- Volcano (1981)
- Wipe Out (1993)

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
What is this nonsense? People have different tastes and opinions?
Just drop it, arguing against another persons taste is dumb and pointless.

How can chocolate be your favourite ice cream when clearly it is strawberry?

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I thought Street Fighter 2 was horrible. Is the list really that bad that its making everyone's top ten, or was I mislead being told its one of the worst pins ever.

The list is pretty bad just because it is later Gottlieb/Premier tables, don't get me wrong there are some sure fire winners here it's the whole company itself. They fell short in the mid 80's and never recovered and Williams, Bally, and Stern kept knocking out the best pins with way better technology.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I'm soooooooo hoping that Class of 1812 comes out on top. I love playing the PinMAME version.
(Cue the chickens cackling flight of the valkyre)

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Well, I have to hand it to PinWiz on this poll. Great job on coming up with decent tables for this poll out of a large collection of meh. Honestly, I'd like to use all my votes here for more Williams tables. Gottlieb's golden age was the EM era. They just couldn't keep up when SS became the order of the day. Williams just ate their lunch in that era. That said, I voted for:

Big House - Heard others chat about it, and it seems to have an interesting-ish story behind the gameplay.
Class of 1812 - Seems to have lots of interest among others, looks like it may have some potential.
Cleopatra - I actually remember playing this one. Simple, solid table. Reaches back to Gottlieb's excellent EM roots in its style.
Cue Ball Wizard - I like pool-themed tables for some reason. The actual pool balls in the playfield look like they'd add something cool.
Gladiators - Eh, sort of interesting I guess. Could have been swapped with Bone Busters, Inc., Surf'n Safari, or Cactus Jacks. Kind of a toss-up amongst those.
Joker Poker - I also have always loved card-themed tables. This is another classic that seems to have a nice homage to the EM days like Cleopatra.
Lights...Camera...Action! - Gotta see what the heck that giant countdown timer in the playfield is all about.
Operation: Thunder - Total ripoff of F-14 Tomcat. ...But I like F-14 Tomcat.
TX Sector - Lots of praise from others and music seems like it could be good.
Wipe Out - Looks like it may be fun I suppose.

The post-EM Gottlieb's are really not my faves, but, PinWiz, again, good on you for picking the best of weak bunch. Thanks.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I thought Street Fighter 2 was horrible. Is the list really that bad that its making everyone's top ten, or was I mislead being told its one of the worst pins ever.

Wait..So your downing a table you have never played based on what you have been told..tut tut.
I love this table. Beating all fighters with one ball to complete wizard mode and become the new master is a great feeling, and test of nerves.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Believe it or not it was this Street Fighter II table that got me into pinball!!!!!. I had always been a gamer at heart and when on holiday my dad used to play the pinball tables and i would always watch but never really interested me and would go off and play the arcade machines. Then one day i saw a Street Fighter II table and because it was street fighter had to give it a go...never looked back since!!

Because of this Street Fighter II was the first table i picked form this poll within a heart beat, ill admit the rule set isnt as deep as a lot of tables but its by no means the worst table ever...no where near infact, infact there have been worse tables released in TPA!!!!

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
You mean like "Centaur", "Gorgar", "Genie", "Central Park", "Firepower", "Black Knight".... ;)

We already know you don't like them because you've repeatedly stated it since you joined us a few weeks ago. You might want to just add it to your signature at this point. :eek:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
my 10 (*= have actually played a real one):
Bone Busters Inc.* - truly unique table, that really surprised me when I played it (in a good way)
Cactus Jack's - looks promising
Class of 1812* - LOVE IT.
Genesis - Dr. Flash + Cheesy horror theme + two ramps
Gladiators - interesting layout
Haunted House - Super Classic. 8 Flippers, 3 levels.
Joker Poker - good art, looks playable, considered a classic by many
SFII - love SF, love ramps
Surf'n Safari - looks like simple fun
TX-Sector - Dr. Flash + interesting layout (for the age especially) + cool playfield art

Honorable mentions (for art): Count-down, Solar Ride, Cleopatra, Sinbad.
Also think there are some tables missing from the list of choices that should have been on it (though some may have been in the EM poll).

Last edited:

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
@PIN WIZ, thank you for the clarification as I understand that it is limited to 30, but some of the table that made it will need further licensing, and I guess I feel like uniqueness should be factored in. Maybe you guys can create a poll at later on that addresses some of the tables that didn't make the grade on these, as I'm sure people would enjoy something like that. I personally hope that Monte Carlo would make that poll as well as Bally's Radical, as I can't think of any skating themed tables besides that, (again I'm limited in my knowlege), and Gator from way back would be vote for oldie but goodie, as how the flippers would lock, is pretty unique. I know these are all long shots, but these are the one's that don't need further licensing to my knowledge. The only one that does, is 1989 Batman, lol, hence I'm sure you can see I was an 80's kid, and three of these four were in the prime of my childhood, and being from the bay area, our sports teams were all winning at around that time too. So far as the tables listed, I still am reviewing, and my laptop is down so I can't do the VP THING, but I hope the most fun and unique are chosen, as that's what TPA is great for, is recreating the fun, and teaching you the history of this fantastic past time, in which we can only hope doesn't go extinct.

CORRECTION: Radical! apparently was on the Bally poll which I missed out on, but hopefully it did well as it's fun and fast moving, and a nice dose of the 80's. Hopefully Farsight will be doing this a long time, as it would be nice if a lot of tables could be re-created in the way of TPA!

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Radical! did make the Bally poll, but didn't do very well.

KillerCobra

Banned
Aug 4, 2013
We already know you don't like them because you've repeatedly stated it since you joined us a few weeks ago. You might want to just add it to your signature at this point. :eek:

Wow, down boy.

Nothin wrong with people not liking other tables. I don't dig the old ones myself very much either. On another note, I really hope Haunted House wins out. I love that table!!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Wow, down boy.

Nothin wrong with people not liking other tables. I don't dig the old ones myself very much either. On another note, I really hope Haunted House wins out. I love that table!!

While it's ok for someone to voice their opinion on tables they may or may not like, it's not ok for them to keep voicing those same opinions over and over again in an unconstructive manner.

By the way...welcome to the forum.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts