Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'm on a reasonably high-end rig (fast CPU, NVIDIA GTX 670, 2560x1440 resolution) and I'm running with very high settings (32xAA, 8x supersample transparency AA, 16x anisotropic filtering). Things I've noticed...

The Windows 7 icon is really low-res and blurry:
http://i.imgur.com/y0W5u9b.png

Postprocessing on a high-end rig looks terrible, messing up both geometry and textures (be sure to magnify up to full resolution):
http://i.imgur.com/UVU4I0K.jpg (without postprocessing)
http://i.imgur.com/I5NbW5I.jpg (with postprocessing)

The Hall Of Fame points just don't exist. I can't find them anywhere, there's not even a page in the leaderboard for them. I also upped my high score on Tales Of The Arabian Nights, which should've upped my HOF points, logged into my iPad and verified that my HOF points didn't change.

And, to echo a bunch of other observations, many of the textures are really, really low-res. This has nothing to do with DX9 vs. DX11, it's just that some of the original art wasn't scanned in and/or stored at a high level of detail. Presumably, the only way they can fix this is with new high-res scans (I assume if they had high-res art lying around, they would've included it in the PC version). I know it'd be a lot of work for them, but this version (and PS4) just won't look truly good until the underlying textures are sharp and detailed.

I'm guessing those settings you used are from the nVidia control panel? The AA method is probably interfering with how the post processing works. (lots of up and down scaling to calculate bloom) Just a guess.

I did notice you have ball reflections off. Any particular reason? You can turn them on in the configuration utility

joeblade

Nov 4, 2013
At some point in the next few days we will roll out the ability to purchase the season packs through the DLC Store page. If you planned to purchase season packs that might be the best way to go, will get you past this error message.

In the meantime I'll look into it some more.

Thanks Mike, looks like that's going to be the only solution for me for the time being and I appreciate you guys giving us this as a second option :)

I'm connected to my neighbour's wireless right now and it's a weak signal. Though I don't use Antivirus and I only use windows firewall.

Thanks superballs, that's good to know....although when I switched off Avast I checked and windows firewall was off? so even with all aspects of the firewall antivirus off it was still an issue for me :(

Phaze

Nov 5, 2013
I'm guessing those settings you used are from the nVidia control panel? The AA method is probably interfering with how the post processing works. (lots of up and down scaling to calculate bloom) Just a guess.

I did notice you have ball reflections off. Any particular reason? You can turn them on in the configuration utility

Hi Mike,

Regarding the post-processing issue I have found that it doesn't seem to be affected by AA, at least on my machine (AMD HD6970 with Catalyst 13.9). I am not running any AA or special settings via the card, and I find that the effect looks the same when I select no AA or 16x AA when using the Pinball Arcade configuration utility.

I was having another close look today and to me it almost looks like some sort of alignment issue with the post-processing shader, if such a thing can exist. I say this because the whole screen almost seems to shift a few pixels when post-processing is enabled and shifts back when disabled which would explain the jaggie situation. Its almost as if the shader is rendering the screen again but it's off-centre which makes it look the way it does with certain cards.

TwinsensBrain

Jan 2, 2013
Title Bug: Physics - Theatre of Magic - Pinball goes through flipper
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: AMD HD Radeon 6970 x2
Ram: 32GB
Version # 1.19.4
Display Mode: Fullscreen Window
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Unknown

Expected Result: Flipper launches the pinball

Actual Result: Pinball goes through the flipper

TPA01.png

TPA02.png

TPA03.png

TPA04.png

Oversoul666

Nov 5, 2013

Yeah, I played around with a lot of settings (postprocessing on/off, 16xAA via Pinball Arcade, 32xAA via NVIDIA) and ended up with 32xAA via NVIDIA's control panel. 16xAA via Pinball Arcade is good, but not quite as good as 32xAA. Compare the flippers here:

http://i.imgur.com/UVU4I0K.jpg (NVIDIA 32xAA)
http://i.imgur.com/N0XtQIW.jpg (Pinball Arcade 16xAA)

But it's a fair point. I turned off NVIDIA's overrides and looked at 16xAA via Pinball Arcade, with and without post-processing. I still see the same substantial artifacts with post-processing turned on.

http://i.imgur.com/fPorIE7.jpg (16xAA, post-processing off)
http://i.imgur.com/xzl4r5t.jpg (16xAA, post-processing on)

Well, not to give away all my "secrets"... ;) I prefer a green ball because the human eye is most sensitive to green, so it helps me pick it up against the playfield. I prefer the crisp green of no ball reflections to the duller green of low ball reflection.

http://i.imgur.com/8XVeERR.jpg (ball reflections off)
http://i.imgur.com/6ldv6Xu.jpg (ball reflections low)

Do you have any comments on the Hall Of Fame Points situation?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and on some tables like TotAN f.e. ball some times go trough rails under flippers in the middle.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Title Bug: Graphics - Post-processing
OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: AMD HD6970 using Catalyst 13.9
Ram: 16GB
Version: 1.19.1
Display Mode: Fullscreen

Frequency of Occurrence: Always when post-processing is enabled.

Expected Result: Post-processing is supposed to enhance the lighting of the tables.
Actual Result: Post-processing produces a very ugly blurry / aliasing effect across the whole table which is clearly unintended.

Comment: The tables look fine when post-processing is disabled, which means that the sole culprit is post-processing. For some reason it isn't working correctly with some cards.
Echoing this. I'm pretty sure it's an ATI/AMD-only thing, as on another forum I visit it was only the nVidia users who were fine. It's been a problem since the first beta and I'm tearing my hair out waiting for it to be fixed :/

mbcrimpy

Nov 5, 2013
Title Bug: (ERROR) shows instead of values in purchase area and im unable to purchase season packs (in UK) & unable to login to account!
Graphics Card: NVidia Titan
Ram 16GB
Frequency: Always

Added more funds to the steam wallet this morning, relaunched the game and it's still reading as (ERROR) in the season packs, when I go to purchase it pauses then kicks me back out to the table select screen...I can play any table....just have to play the demo versions.

Haven't tried a table pack purchase yet as I wanted to get the whole season pack as I thought it was cheaper...

Downloaded the game at about 10pm last night GMT....was there an issue at that point from a european/uk standpoint?

I did install this to my D: drive.....didn't think that would be a problem...

Also can't login to my PA account, apparently not the only one with this issue....

Hi Joe, after having the same problems as you it suddenly started working late last night :) I didn't do anything so hopefully its working for you and your able to buy them now.

joeblade

Nov 4, 2013
Hi Joe, after having the same problems as you it suddenly started working late last night I didn't do anything so hopefully its working for you and your able to buy them now.

Thanks for the update mbcrimpy...glad your up and running!! I won't hold my breath tbh as I doubt anything has changed from yesterday...

Could you tell me what has now changed for you? Are their prices now instead of (ERROR)? and what happened when you purchased.
What kind of antivirus/firewall are you running? are you connected directly to your router...sorry for all the q's...just trying to get to the bottom of this annoying issue!!

mbcrimpy

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks for the update mbcrimpy...glad your up and running!! I won't hold my breath tbh as I doubt anything has changed from yesterday...

Could you tell me what has now changed for you? Are their prices now instead of (ERROR)? and what happened when you purchased.
What kind of antivirus/firewall are you running? are you connected directly to your router...sorry for all the q's...just trying to get to the bottom of this annoying issue!!

Your welcome, the prices are now showing £22.99 for season pack 1, 29.99 or pro 39.99 for season 2. I bought pack 1 and it was instant. I'm using kaspersky internet security and i'm connected directly to my router. I didn't do anything, i just checked before going to bed and it was working. Logged in without problems too. Hope your having better luck now.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
At least on Creature from the Black Lagoon the good old score rollover thing isn't working in the PC version. Cranked out 25 billion earlier and it only counted 5 of them into the leaderboard. I thought this stuff was fixed ages ago?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Title Bug: No analog control of nudge using Xbox 360 Controller
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850, AMD Radeon HD 7950, as well as Intel HD 3000.
Ram: 16GB
Version 1.19.1
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: 1360x768, 1920x1080, 2560x1440
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Controller: Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller + Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver with default control layout

Expected Result: Like the Xbox 360 versions of TPA and The Williams Collection, I expect to use the left analog to nudge the table, how hard I hit the stick should vary how hard the table is nudged. Instead, the response is like using digital inputs like a keyboard. Even if I ever so slowly move the analog stick, it instantly goes from 'not nudging' to 'WHAM!'. There's no finesse to nudging in this manor.

Comment: Maybe this was removed as a design decision and is not a bug at all? To be clear hardware specs, it should be noted that I've tested this on an A8-3870K w Radeon HD 6850 HTPC, i7 3770k/Radeon HD 7950 Workstation, and i7 2630QM laptop. The results were the same across the board.

This issue remains with 1.19.4. Analog input works fine with other games, spent quite a few hours enjoying Castle Crashers on Steam for example and analog input was fine. (Had two controllers in that instance)

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
Title Bug: Physics - Theatre of Magic - Pinball goes through flipper
Graphics Card: AMD HD Radeon 6970 x2
Ram: 32GB
Version # 1.19.4
Display Mode: Fullscreen Window

Frequency of Occurrence: Unknown

Expected Result: Flipper launches the pinball

Actual Result: Pinball goes through the flipper

TPA01.png

TPA02.png

TPA03.png

TPA04.png

and on some tables like TotAN f.e. ball some times go trough rails under flippers in the middle.

both of this problems persist still on the pc version (also on the xbox360). the ball sometimes just goes through solid objects ;(

but i'm am sure glad, that someone finally actually captured the footage of that happening - good job!

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
hello

i am new here and want to report a bug with totan
(not sure if this has been posted already)

sometimes the pinball machine doesn't recognize that u have launched a ball
it still shows the skill shot images (for a few seconds) after the ball is on the playfield and does not recognize if u did a skill shot or missed it.
(the animation if u got it or missed it is not playing)

i played the table about 12-15 times and had this bug 3 or 4 times
so happens often
seems it happens more often when i launch the ball very fast after the pinball machine has been powered up

would this bug happen on a real pinball machine i would say that the machine is not ready yet (may be doing a self test)
despite showing the skill shot image
when launching the ball

and i hope the post pocessing bug with ati cards will be solved soon
atm u can use only pp or aa not both
so the pinball machines don't look very good....
i mean they look good but the gfx engine looks out dated this way

may be u add a glas panel over the playfield in the future for more relasitic view
atm it looks like a computer pinball game (i know it is) and not like a real pinball :)

but the ball physics seems very good
and it plays unpredictable like a real pinball

greets otto

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
hello

sometimes the pinball machine doesn't recognize that u have launched a ball
it still shows the skill shot images (for a few seconds) after the ball is on the playfield and does not recognize if u did a skill shot or missed it.
(the animation if u got it or missed it is not playing)

i played the table about 12-15 times and had this bug 3 or 4 times
so happens often
seems it happens more often when i launch the ball very fast after the pinball machine has been powered up

greets otto

hey there man, welcome to the forums :)

the problem you are describing is, the ball sometimes bounces so much, it doesnt actually hit the skillshot triggers (as far as i recall, it happens on a real machine too).

havent had any real problems with it myself on tpa but it happens from time to time. when it does you can just let the ball drain (dont hit it whit flippers) and it will be replaced with a new one... if i recall correctly :eek:

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
hey there man, welcome to the forums :)

the problem you are describing is, the ball sometimes bounces so much, it doesnt actually hit the skillshot triggers (as far as i recall, it happens on a real machine too).

yep that would make sence
i played a bit again and so far it didn't happen again

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
On Elvira and the Party Monsters I had gotten an extra ball but it hadn't registered against the table goals. I had actually earned all the goals in that game, can't remember if the popup appeared telling me I had done the last goal though, just that it hadn't registered when I had finished the game.

Also I played several games on No Good Gofers and when going down the right side it seemed to ALWAYS drain down the far right side rather than how you would normally expect it to be somewhat random if it goes down the flipper lane or down the drain. Makes me wonder if the collision detection needs a little tweak or is this just more realistic to the actual table?

Oh and of course I also have the nudge is not analog issue with my wireless Xbox 360 controller. It seems to nudge even harder than I was ever able to do on the PS3/Vita versions, I never managed to prevent a drain with nudging on those but I think I could on PC if only I was quick enough.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I have noticed a few issues:

(*) Teed Off doesn't seem to award the extra ball for replays correctly. This seems to also be an issue on other platforms.
(*) Firepower had a weird issue. I was awarded a replay extra ball on the third ball. After the fourth ball, the game just sat there instead of ending like it should have.

I also experienced the "nudging" issue, however I'm using a Pinball Wizard controller (mapped via x360ce) so I don't know how much that is a factor. The nudging may or not be "digital", but it does seems to go from nothing to gigantic pretty quickly. Subtle nudging just isn't happening right now.

(Using the full plunger on this controller will often tilt a table, but I think that's a controller specific fault, not a TPA one.)

Other than that (and a request for an in-game sound mixer so I don't have to alt-tab for volume), very good overall. :)

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
I don't know if this is a bug or something, but my score is not posted and shown on the Leaderboards. And how does the friends system work, why doesn't TPA take advantage of Steam friends list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts