Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Here is some annoying issue about goals: you can not complete any of wizard goals for the table in the same game as you completed regular table goals. they begin to register only after you start new game.

It's by design... has been a flaw from Day 1 (of the original first mobile release).

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
I looked at my achievements and saw that i also got the wizard achievement for completing the standard goals on Class of 1812. Has someone finished the wizard Goals and got the skilled achievement or this impossible to get until this is fixed?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Bug: After entering High Score initials, and then using Back button, all controls Freeze up (XBOX 360 controlller, Mouse, Keyboard). The only way to even exit TPA at that point is to do CTRL-Escape, and kill TPA from Windows Task Manager or from Task bar.

OS Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Graphics Card: AMD HD 7770
Ram: 6GB
Version #: 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1080x1920 (maybe also 1920 x 1080)

Others have reproduced this as well. Please see thread beginning with my post of: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...omething-wrong?p=114865&viewfull=1#post114865

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
It's by design... has been a flaw from Day 1 (of the original first mobile release).

then its illogical design because its little stupid to restart the game and loose what you have done only because game can not register your goals until restart.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Here is some annoying issue about goals: you can not complete any of wizard goals for the table in the same game as you completed regular table goals. they begin to register only after you start new game.

This is actually a design decision. At one point I made it so that wizard goals could be earned in the same game as standard goal completion, but it was promptly reported and reverted.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Bug: Pulling back on right stick on a 360 controller to plunge the ball snaps the plunger back about halfway causing an inaccurate plunge.
CPU: I7 950 @ 3.1GHz
GPU: GTX 480
RAM: 6GB
Version: 1.19.6
Display: 1920x1080 fullscreen

Frequency of occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Slowly pulling back the right stick on 360 controller for a soft plunge should be smooth.
Actual Result: Slowly pulling back on the right stick causes the plunger to snap back halfway causing an inaccurate plunge. This makes going for skill shots incredibly difficult. I have to use the space bar to get an accurate plunge.

I've noticed this issue was reported in the beta forum. It's still an issue with this version.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
This is actually a design decision. At one point I made it so that wizard goals could be earned in the same game as standard goal completion, but it was promptly reported and reverted.

but why, Stuart? - for example i just had game at Pin Bot during which i made standard goals AND Sun special with 9M scores which not registered..so now i must fly to the sun again and this is not cheapest space program))

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Title Bug: Gorgar Standard achievement does not unlock when standard goals are completed.
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M
Ram: 16GB
Version #1.19.6
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1600x900”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time”

Expected Result: “Standard achievement unlocks once standards goals completed”
Actual Result:”Standard goal does not unlock when standard goals are completed”

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Title Bug: Gorgar Standard achievement does not unlock when standard goals are completed.
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M
Ram: 16GB
Version #1.19.6
Display Mode: “Full Screen”
Display Resolution: “1600x900”

Frequency of Occurrence: “100% of the time”

Expected Result: “Standard achievement unlocks once standards goals completed”
Actual Result:”Standard goal does not unlock when standard goals are completed”

I got this achievement without any problems.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Pin Bot table Sun Special collecting does not work - sun and special dont lit and can not be collected (and wizard goal dont register too) when i reached the sun during planet advancement (i did it 2 times in one game with the same issue).

..when i did not recieve my Sun Special wizard goal 3rd time i was near to get heart attack instead..
first STNG's end game broken, then Pin Bot's end game.. i remember very well as some guys from this forum told me what TPA does have only some few minor issues and no game breaking bugs..

Last edited:

danbo

Nov 14, 2013
Title Bug: Video - Game using wrong display adapter
OS Version: Windows 7 64-Bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 660 Ti
Ram: 8GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.19.6
Display Mode: Full screen
Display Resolution: 1024x1280 on first adapter, 1920x1200 on second.

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: With Adapter Number set to 1 and resolution set to 1024x1280 with the config utility, game should use the first adapter.
Actual Result: Game uses the second adapter instead, rendering at 1024x1280 on a 16:10 monitor in landscape mode.

Comment: This only occurs when my second adapter is set as my main display in the Windows display options. It is still numbered as adapter number 2 in both that dialog and the nvidia control panel. When adapter 1 is set as the main display in Windows, the bug does not occur.

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
High score, standard and wizard achievements for Creature from the Black Lagoon are misspelled "Creature from the Black Lagon."

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
some inlays overlay textures at Pin Bot (at least in left advancing bonus pocket) are misaligned and undernetah copies can be seen - the same proble as on Victory for example

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Display issues

Title Bug: Display issues
OS Version: Windows XP
Graphics Card: NVidia GEForce GTX 460 1GB
Ram: 4GB
Display Mode: Full Screen Portrait
Display Resolution: 1080x1920, 16AA

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result: Graphics should look smooth and clean
Actual Result: Graphics look jagged and obviously broken

Comment: When post processing is on, the game is pretty much unplayable. When post processing is off, the graphics are still fairly jagged. Here are some images displaying the problem, please view them at 100%.

This image is with PP on, 16x AA. Completely unplayable.
This image is with PP off, 16x AA. Playable but still very jagged, note the flippers.

I have also noticed that on TOTAN the ball hovers a few millimeters over the flippers and above the in lanes. Maybe because I am using the most top down camera angle and it is rigged to be easier to see on a lower angle?

Also on TOTAN , there are times when the ball moves insanely quickly. The ball moved from the flipper to the top of the screen all the way down into the drain in under a quarter of a second. I love fast tables, but this table would need to be at a 90 degree any with super powerful flippers to move this quickly. I've played TOTAN a hundred times on my iPhone and iPad and I've never need any speeds like this.

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
Title Bug: Game crashes during playing, back to the desktop. Error message: Programm has stopped working.
OS Version: Windows 8.1 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560TI
Ram: 8 GB
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes

Thank you.

N

netizen

Flight 2000 Beta, ah those were the good times. :(

It was noticed on 'Droid but not reported as a bug, iirc. Who listens to them 'droid users anyway :p
Such was the times when we were simpler, perhaps more naive. It was the best of times, the worst of times ...

R

Rhandos

Title Bug: Flashers on CV are broken
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 565m
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

Expected Result: The orange/red flashers around the edge of the playfield should contribute to the light show - one prominent example: During ball lock, all flashers fire after each other to a drummroll.

Comment: The are just a dull orange, as if in a state between on and off and never change state. HDR is on, if that's relevant. They have been working during beta, but have been broken since vs 0.015

Title Bug: Flashers on TZ are semi broken
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 565m
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

Expected Result: The blue, red and white flashers should contribute to the light show

Comment: The flashers themselves never change brightness, but still reflect on the inner table walls. I'm guessing the reflection textures get triggered, but the lamps themselves not. HDR is on.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on Pin Bot table Sun Special collecting does not work - sun and special dont lit and can not be collected (and wizard goal dont register too) when i reached the sun during planet advancement (i did it 2 times in one game with the same issue).

..when i did not recieve my Sun Special wizard goal 3rd time i was near to get heart attack instead..
first STNG's end game broken, then Pin Bot's end game.. i remember very well as some guys from this forum told me what TPA does have only some few minor issues and no game breaking bugs..

Finally i collected Sun Special wizard goal - when i collected it 4th time (actually 3rd because 2nd time in 1 game Sun dont give a special).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
A warning to all forum members, requests for information on how to pirate The Pinball Arcade will be deleted immediately. A second violation of a piracy request will result in the individual being permanently banned from the forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts