Pinball Arcade vs. Williams Pinball Hall of Fame ??

N

Nik Barbour

I've got them all unlocked now apart from Jive Time (not tried the Williams challenge yet).

Absolute favourite is Black Knight - so much better than the TPA android version due to better scripting, and better upper level camera. Loving Whirlwind, Firepower & Pinbot are cool.
No Good Gofers is good on the big screen too (can't see this on my phone clearly so didn't play much in TPA).
Well worth getting hold of this during the Dlc famine! Even if Farsight does eventually re-do them again.

N

Nik Barbour

Same here Nik, all games except Jive Time unlocked.

My favorite is Whirlwind.

Only had 'Williams Classics' a few days, but.....
'Sorcerer' has had me in his spell today. We've been busy doing the Christmas things - been on a steam train today (Mech. Engineer's Nirvana) in Bury, met the big guy in the red suit himself, but in between, when I can snatch half an hour, I can't leave this table alone.
Never seen a real one (and it won't surpass BK in my affections) but I think I've found a long term friend.:)

Anyone got any tips for that upper right flipper access?
Lower left flipper is my preferred route - bottom right just lands you in the bumpers too much.

uva3yna5.jpg

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hey Nik!!!!

My second big love in life are trains. My wife and I coordinated our wedding day so we could be married, have a daytime reception and depart for our honeymoon on the very last westward trip of the "San Fransisco Zephyr" way back in the 70's.

As Far as Sorcerer is concerned, I love that game too. Played the real table a lot back in the the day....

But alas, old age and other things have conspired to make me totally unqualified in regards to pinball game-play. Even Richard Sharpe admits hat he is not capable of giving advice, and he was a lot better than me!

Maybe some of the "new generation" like Carlos will shed some light on their expertize.

Good vibes, and wishes of " replays and extra balls" to you, my friend!

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Hey Nik!!!!

My second big love in life are trains. My wife and I coordinated our wedding day so we could be married, have a daytime reception and depart for our honeymoon on the very last westward trip of the "San Fransisco Zephyr" way back in the 70's.

As Far as Sorcerer is concerned, I love that game too. Played the real table a lot back in the the day....

But alas, old age and other things have conspired to make me totally unqualified in regards to pinball game-play. Even Richard Sharpe admits hat he is not capable of giving advice, and he was a lot better than me!

Maybe some of the "new generation" like Carlos will shed some light on their expertize.

Good vibes, and wishes of " replays and extra balls" to you, my friend!

Great Wedding day story Timelord!

The train was one of two ran by enthusiasts each weekend at the Bury Transport Museum - it was the Santa Christmas Special.
It was a fairly cold day - and just to watch it building up steam in the cold was awesome. I got to poke my head into the cab briefly too.

As regards the pinball - old age and experience should be treasured and respected by others.
I bet you could still teach us all a few tricks.:)

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I have the US WPHoF disc,& I wouldn't trade it in,even with TPA available - but I don't usually trade in my games :)
If you can find the disc at a decent price,it is worth the purchase,IMHO...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's definitely still worth a purchase, for Whirlwind, Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, Fire Power.... Black Knight and Gofers which still are a few months away at least on 360, and probably some more I'm missing.

Sounds Good, my inbox is full. My buddy has the game atm, let me get in touch with him and see if he wants to sell it.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
I have the US WPHoF disc,& I wouldn't trade it in,even with TPA available - but I don't usually trade in my games :)
If you can find the disc at a decent price,it is worth the purchase,IMHO...

exactly...i have it on ps2 and xbox 360 and gottlieb on gamecube...my fave tables are firepower and sorceror (weird i know but its a cool table)...d.m.

SoundsGood

Dec 4, 2012
I absolutely LOVE Firepower. I worked at an arcade when I was (much) younger and I played Firepower and Blackout VERY often!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.