Pinball FLYERS

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
BACK TO THE FUTURE
(Data East/1990/3.000 units)
Michael J. Fox did not allow his likeness to appear on the game.
The "Marty McFly" image on the backglass and playfield is artist Paul Faris' son.

13000101_zps989bf88a.jpg

Let's recap here. Because Paul Faris has supposedly used:

- Himself and his wife in the artwork for Paragon;
- His daughter as the model for Christine in the POTO artwork;
- His son as the stand-in for Michael J Fox in BTTF.

Next we'll learn that he lent his cats to the artist for Bad Cats. Or it's his grandmother in Granny and the Gators.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Let's recap here. Because Paul Faris has supposedly used:

- Himself and his wife in the artwork for Paragon;
- His daughter as the model for Christine in the POTO artwork;
- His son as the stand-in for Michael J Fox in BTTF.

Next we'll learn that he lent his cats to the artist for Bad Cats. Or it's his grandmother in Granny and the Gators.

In an indirect example, Bally artist Dave Christensen drew Faris in the crowd for Captain Fantastic.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
IPDB :
Artist Dave Christensen included in the backglass several depictions of people doing things that, at first, escaped notice by Bally management.
A small number of games with these so-called "X-rated" or "uncensored" backglasses made it through production before changes were required to be made.
Specifically, small mirrored stars were added over the objectionable parts and, curiously, these stars did not effectively obscure the offending art in all instances.
Nieman and Christensen wanted the correction to be as minimal as possible because they knew they had "a monster hit" on their hands.
The X-rated version is often referred to as the "no stars" version even though all of the backglasses in the production run did contain a certain number of peripheral decorative stars anyway.
Nieman is depicted in the backglass as the man in the three-piece suit, and he says that 'Brutus' is artist Paul Faris.

CaptFantasticBackglass.jpg

^^^ HERE ^^^

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
IPDP :
Artist Dave Christensen included in the backglass several depictions of people doing things that, at first, escaped notice by Bally management.
A small number of games with these so-called "X-rated" or "uncensored" backglasses made it through production before changes were required to be made.
Specifically, small mirrored stars were added over the objectionable parts and, curiously, these stars did not effectively obscure the offending art in all instances.
Nieman and Christensen wanted the correction to be as minimal as possible because they knew they had "a monster hit" on their hands.
The X-rated version is often referred to as the "no stars" version even though all of the backglasses in the production run did contain a certain number of peripheral decorative stars anyway.
Nieman is depicted in the backglass as the man in the three-piece suit, and he says that 'Brutus' is artist Paul Faris.

^^^ HERE ^^^

I don't see anything bad?? Also? Which table is this ? I can't tell

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
IPDP :

^^^ HERE ^^^

Is that Hitler in the corner wearing an iron cross around his neck?

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I completely missed Hitler...not cool at all!! I'm surprised they would put him in there. As far as the rest of the stuff, who cares. Although I must say the guy who's getting the "rub down" looks like a younger Ron Jeremy. Now that's funny. Btw, it's not like the stars cover anything up!!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Something I noticed that FarSight did on POTO's play field is softened the image of Christine's "high beams". :)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I completely missed Hitler...not cool at all!! I'm surprised they would put him in there. As far as the rest of the stuff, who cares. Although I must say the guy who's getting the "rub down" looks like a younger Ron Jeremy. Now that's funny. Btw, it's not like the stars cover anything up!!

I like this part of the playfield...

67790999_5c5c887ef9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts