Please let them make these 5 Premier games then they can stop.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Trust me these tables are fun, I'm with you I'm not a huge Premier fan but these tables Rule. My first one and most favorite is Rescue 911, why do I like it, because it's kinda like the show, I love the sound effects ( especially the Sirens), the playfield isn't perfect but it's fun enough to get into, especially the Helicopter toy. Surf N Safari, what can I say fun game and and it's based on a Waterpark. Cactus Jack, love the music, I just wish it had more ramps and a better playfield. The game will grow on you though, theirs something addicting about it, I guess it's the music that keeps me coming back. Stargate, pretty good movie but great pin and their is enough to do to keep your attention. Well last but not least Freddy: Nightmare on elm street, well the head is cool looking, the music is right out of the movies, and theirs videos on the DMD of the Elm Street movies. Well those are the games I would love Farsight to make someday after those I don't really care much for the other Premier games, except maybe Lights, Camera, Action. Mark or anyone else what do you think of my Choices, I would have added Street Fighter 2, and Super Mario Brothers but I know those won't happen so I didn't add them and Water World is very boring I played one at a pinball show last year, I didn't even finish my game. Ok that's enough, please comment down below what you think good or bad I don't care, those are just my 2 cents for Premier/Gottlieb games.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I would like those machines to be added to TPA!

***note*** In keeping with Jeff's change of title, I edited my post.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good post David, but we should probably leave Mark out of this so that it isn't a continuation of a closed thread. :)

Edit: I went ahead and edited the thread title.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I'd like to see them too and think we might get a couple Season 3..

Trust me these tables are fun, I'm with you I'm not a huge Premier fan but these tables Rule. My first one and most favorite is Rescue 911, why do I like it, because it's kinda like the show, I love the sound effects ( especially the Sirens), the playfield isn't perfect but it's fun enough to get into, especially the Helicopter toy. Surf N Safari, what can I say fun game and and it's based on a Waterpark. Cactus Jack, love the music, I just wish it had more ramps and a better playfield. The game will grow on you though, theirs something addicting about it, I guess it's the music that keeps me coming back. Stargate, pretty good movie but great pin and their is enough to do to keep your attention. Well last but not least Freddy: Nightmare on elm street, well the head is cool looking, the music is right out of the movies, and theirs videos on the DMD of the Elm Street movies. Well those are the games I would love Farsight to make someday after those I don't really care much for the other Premier games, except maybe Lights, Camera, Action. Mark or anyone else what do you think of my Choices, I would have added Street Fighter 2, and Super Mario Brothers but I know those won't happen so I didn't add them and Water World is very boring I played one at a pinball show last year, I didn't even finish my game. Ok that's enough, please comment down below what you think good or bad I don't care, those are just my 2 cents for Premier/Gottlieb games.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Who is Mark?

Anyway, good list. I think "Freddy" should be the #1 most wanted Gottlieb table. I was so excited about HH, cause it's been pumped up around here so much and for so long...and I find myself already bored with it after a few days of finally getting to play it for the first time.

Anyway, I'd switch out "Cactus Jack's", only because it looks terrible, and I'd add "Bone Busters Inc.". I've heard great things about it, and the art work is just sick. I'd also add in "Cue Ball Wizard", cause it's a personal favorite of mine, and the most fun pool themed table I've ever played.

Rescue ***911***
Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
Cue Ball Wizard
Bone Busters Inc.

MAKE IT SO!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have pretty much no interest in Cactus Jack or Surf N Safari. I would like the other three but there may be some license hurdles to jump. But who knows what the future holds?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry Jeff, I don't know what I was thinking, so let's drop it. About Cue Ball Wizard my guess is that it's coming in the next pack, that,s why I didn't add it. I forgot about Bone Busters (Here's One Eye) the skull on top of the Pinball machine talks to you during the Attract mode, the playfield is good to. So I would have to say it is better then Cactus Jack, I still can't figure out why I put so many quarters in Cactus Jack when we had it in our Bowling Alley awhile ago, we had so many other great game like Indiana Jones, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Congo, Demolition Man, and Addam's Family ( Which is the Pinball Machine that got me into pinball in the first place). One more Kolchak357, please let me keep Surf n Safari on the list, I played it at the same Pinball show last year and did not want to get off, for some reason I love that table. I can Delete Cactus Jack, unless they feel more people would love to play it. As long as I get Freddy, and Rescue 911 I will be a very happy person.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I had to drive to another state just to play Freddy, since it's been the #1 table I've always wanted to play.

Well worth the trip, and one of the very few Gottlieb tables that isn't total garbage. Plus I'm a huge Fred Head. :)

The videos and music alone are just fantastic.

N

netizen

I like some minimal tables, but I don't get the constant advocating for Nightmare on Elm Street. The table has what 2/3 shots, and the only selling features seems to be the theme integration and the constant multi-ball. With the cramped shots the multi-ball isn't much of an improvement, just another gimmick. IMO

There's quite a few Premier tables that get brought up over and over, and even more that seem to be forgotten.
Stargate
Bone Busters
Wipe Out
Diamond Lady
TX - Sector
Big Hurt
Mario Andretti

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
David, it's your list and you keep your favorites listed in it. We don't have to agree on what pins we like. I enjoy reading about people's favorites an how they got attached to them.
I love Evel Knievel, Dolly Parton, and a bunch of others that most people would rather not play. But I played them a lot growing up. Probably the memories that makes me love them.
So keep Surf N Safari on your list. If that game clicks for you, then so be it. Maybe if it came to TPA and I played it a bunch more I'd learn to love it too.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Stargate is very highly regarded and looks really cool but it was listed as a premium table so I'm not sure how much the licensing would be. If there was a way for FS to make it without it needing a big kickstarter I think it would be a great addition.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Anyway, I'd switch out "Cactus Jack's", only because it looks terrible, and I'd add "Bone Busters Inc.". I've heard great things about it, and the art work is just sick.

I've played both, Cactus Jack's is better. I'm actually looking to buy one, but they didn't make that many of them, so they're hard to find.

But above all others, we need Stargate. I'm pretty disappointed that it wasn't on the Gottlieb/Premier poll because of the license, and was overshadowed by bigger name licenses on the Licensed Games poll. It's probably the best Premier game, yet it has no representation.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This thread gets you thinking, probably the two best DMD games they (Gottlieb/Premier) ever made will probably be never remade. The licensing for Freddy and Stargate probably make them both a no go. :(
I probably prefer Stargate, but both are fun for sure.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Freddy is excellent as well. I didn't realize that it didn't make the polls either, which is disappointing. I prefer Stargate, but Freddy is my pick for the second best Premier DMD.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I like some minimal tables, but I don't get the constant advocating for Nightmare on Elm Street. The table has what 2/3 shots, and the only selling features seems to be the theme integration and the constant multi-ball. With the cramped shots the multi-ball isn't much of an improvement, just another gimmick. IMO

You probably don't understand it for the same reason why I don't understand the constant overrating of "Gorgar" or/and "Centaur". (IMO)

"Freddy" not only has excellent artwork, awesome music, and fantastic video, but plenty of good skill shots. On top of that, Freddy is probably one of the biggest, if not THE biggest horror icon of all time. I can GUARANTEE that table would sell like crazy on TPA, even if most have never even played it.

On top of that, just about every Gottlieb table ever made is awful. I'd like to think that "Freddy" is one of the very few ones that's actually decent. (Based on other people's comments, it appears that I'm not alone in this opinion.)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
On top of that, just about every Gottlieb table ever made is awful. I'd like to think that "Freddy" is one of the very few ones that's actually decent. (Based on other people's comments, it appears that I'm not alone in this opinion.)

That depends entirely on your preferences and which era of Gottlieb we're talking about.

Gottlieb was far and away the best of the EM era. Even if you don't like EMs, you can't ignore the fact that most of the ones on ipdb's highest rated list are Gottlieb.

It's when you get to the Premier era that you really start to see the Gottlieb name get dragged down. However, many of the tables mentioned in this thread so far are good (net's list as well as David's), even if not all of them are up to Williams standards. The recently released Class of 1812 is also a pretty good game.

Riviera

Nov 1, 2013
I had a Stargate, Operation Thunder, Victory & Bone Buster, and i played Robowar, TX-Sector, Cactus Jack and Wipe out in friends game rooms. Never played on mario andreti, just a few games on freddy, monte carlo and diamond lady in meetings but not enough to have an opinion.

1/ The Robobar is my favorite, it's a gem, very simple table layout and rules but the sound ! It's sooo goood i'll play on it as often as i can everytime i see it, it's the first i boot up in an alignment, just like pin.bot (not the bride) or in dmd white water/congo, i play those game mostly for the sound, i love them.

2/ op. thunder, a fast paced game with good sound art and interesting rules, a really good premier game.

3/ Stargate, but i was a bit disappointed, everybody told me it was the best dmd gtb game, well... have it for a few month, not the worst dmd i had but not very fun, the sound and the voices are really really bad, not entertaining at all and boring, art is ok and playfield looks good but i sold it with no regret.

4/ The cactus jack for the music and the dancing cactus, just hilarious, but it's a really simple game becoming rapidly boring it's so easy to start dozens of multi-ball in a single game.

5/ The tx-sector has also a good typical 80's sound and art, the backglass is just ruining my eyes, i consider as the worst backglass of all pinball ever made and that's why i like it :) game play is fun with the teleport moving balls from playfield sides (i like the bally spectrum too for this)

6/ The bone busters has some interesting rules as it has a real skill shot and you can choose the ball path with a little flipper (similar to the shadow) and a jump ramp, but the sound is not really entertaining and average playfield art, too much gray roads on it, not my favorite even with the cool speaking skull topper, sold it after a few weeks.

7/ Victory (but already released in tpa), the multi ball is really missing on a pinball but mini playfield adds a little game challenge.

8/ Wipe out, so so game, so so theme, so so sound, so so playfield and look, the ball lift novelty and shaking ramp are not enough to make a good game, can't go into it...

Pascal

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts