Pro Pinball

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Well, that's not what the description of the kickstarter always said in bold. ;)

"Pro Pinball: Timeshock! remade from scratch and taken to ULTIMATE extremes for PC, Mac, iOS and Android!"

So the 360- and PSN-things are all now bonuses.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I don't think it would be a problem. There is a 3DS Version possible. It's a stretch goal. Since it's pre-rendered the requirements aren't that high I think.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
I couldn't hit the table icon to get it to play. I had to go into the settings and adjust them to my specs and then I hit the "start simulation" button within the settings menu. I am on windows 7, but maybe this will work for you with windows 8...seeing as I had some complications running it normally in windows 7. I hope this works for you. Give it a try.

It's the same way with me. I still haven't figured out a way to change the view without it crashing though, and the default "little kid angle" is pretty rough.

Quite surprised with how nice the graphics look overall. I actually thought they had uploaded the proto of the new version by mistake.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
Yeah, it looks quite crisp on my HDTV, with the graphics settings maxed. Surprisingly, the table view is full screen.

EDIT: The highest option in the menu seems to be 1024x768, but my monitor says it's displaying 1378x768. Menus are at 640x480. Odd.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
1600x1200 is the limit of the original version. Unfortunately, that was the top end available at the time. These days, you have higher res displays on tablets hence the need for higher res assets.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here's something I just noticed. The GOG versions of Fantastic Journey and BRUSA have 1600x1200 working on my 1080p monitor. Whereas the "Kickstarter" version of BRUSA does not. And of course 1600x1200 doesn't work on either version of Timeshock.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Ok I have these settings set up in the new downloaded Timeshock.

Screen Fllpping-Enabled
Resolution-1280 x 1024
Detail-Very High
Colours- 16,000,000
Dot Matirix-Intelligent Transparent
Nudge Scrolling-Two Way

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium with 16 GB of ram, and a Nvidia GTX 670 card. The game looks nearly as good as some of the tables on TPA with my current settings.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok I have these settings set up in the new downloaded Timeshock.

Screen Fllpping-Enabled
Resolution-1280 x 1024
Detail-Very High
Colours- 16,000,000
Dot Matirix-Intelligent Transparent
Nudge Scrolling-Two Way

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium with 16 GB of ram, and a Nvidia GTX 670 card. The game looks nearly as good as some of the tables on TPA with my current settings.

Well, I hate to break it to ya since you seem to be happy with it, but with 1280 x 1024, you are getting distortion. If you go to change the resolution, the program will then ask you to check out the "Test Video Mode". When you do, you'll see a circle in the test pattern. At least it should be a circle. If you're seeing an oval, your playfield, as well as your ball, is now squished. It is prettier, but it ain't right.

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Anyone been having problems downloading Timeshock from Kickstarter?

My Norton Antivirus rejects the file right away, thinking it has a virus on it. Wondering if anyone else has had that problem?

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
My game crashed when I did test video. So I just put in the settings I mention above and backed out of testing the video mode. My resolution did change just fine from the default 800 x 600 to the highest resolution and by not doing the video mode test I avoided distortion as far as I can tell. Everything looks and plays totally normal in Timeshock for me. I don't see any issue at all. Strange???? I will go in again and check it out, but nothing is squished and my resolution did change to the resolution I selected.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts