Pro Pinball

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That backhand has always been in the Pro Pinball physics. It might be a little stronger than a real flipper would do, but it's far more accurate (in 1997!) than TPA's flippers with crazy strong backhands from a catch but hardly any swinging backhand ability.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I admit I was hoping for a 3D reproduction. I can't really see a huge difference between this and the original. I know that's what they were aiming for, but I was hoping for a chance to see the table in a different light.

I am aware there are plenty people who would disagree with me on this. I brought my flameguard into this topic just in case :p

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm not sure how it could look much better, and going 3D would actually mean less eye candy.

The only thing I would like to see is more dynamic GI added to more of the shots like the Williams machines have. It would give it more life and make it feel more like a real machine

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wow wow wow ,never played the original. mate does it look really really fantastic !!!! I think we`re in for a treat !!! :) aren`t we bloody lucky and next week we have the 4 remaining star wars tables coming out which look great. what a compilation of tables we`re collecting. thank you from the bottom of my heart TPA,ZEN andPRO PINBALL. LUVYA !!!!:cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Although the video looks good I have the Alpha and it really does look better in the flesh. It is ultra smooth and by playing with the lighting sliders if looks almost looks good to eat :)

Due to the angle of the table in the alpha the bottom part is closer to the camera and I have to say that the area around the flippers looks photo realistic.

I was actually expecting the table be 'toned down' in terms of quality compared to the Kickstarter videos - I was suspicious that the KS video was more likely a video and there was no way the ball could play in real time wiith that lighting. This is just not the case - there was no faking I am glad to say.

KFleshman

Apr 19, 2014
Although the video looks good I have the Alpha and it really does look better in the flesh. It is ultra smooth and by playing with the lighting sliders if looks almost looks good to eat :)

Yeah, that's why I made 60fps recordings, the 30fps recordings on Youtube just aren't the same.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Cab-adideldu!
I am so glad I built my cab ;) Timeshock alone will be worth it.

VP is making awesome progress as well.
Unit3D....
...and TPA (eventually).

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Unbelievable! As someone who's becoming more and more disillusioned with tpa on the ps4, I hope and expect the ps4 is and will be capable of reproducing this kind of quality.

KFleshman

Apr 19, 2014
Pro Pinball uses pre-rendered graphics, so console hardware will have no issues with the graphics quality if the game is ported.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Finally my cab will get some well deserved love. Looks great. Glad to see someone making tables for cab. Too bad they are the only company dedicated to cab support.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
They are given weekly updates. They are real fusspots (perfectionists) which is a good thing. They are rendering and re-rendering every single part of the table using amazon servers. They have also done some work to their toolset, the GUI, high score uploads, etc so most of this stuff should be re-usabke for later tables. I just hope they sell enough to justify making more tables. Maybe they could advertise through TPA like the video section part of TPA?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts