Pro Pinball

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
The game is out for all PC backers now! :D

Works for Portrait Mode! You just have to set your system to portrait when starting the game. It then downloads the necessary data.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The game is out for all PC backers now! :D

Works for Portrait Mode! You just have to set your system to portrait when starting the game. It then downloads the necessary data.

Oh wow! I'm a backer. How do I download it?

Edit: Nevermind. I found the email in my spam box. Guess that's what happens when a product is 2 years late.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Someone's making a VP version of The Web:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33144

So excited. And Ade gave permission, so double that excitement :)

post-5944-0-58582300-1449700917.png

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So Pinwiz45b, as the monster player of Pro Pinball tables that you are, does the fact that Pro Pinball's idea of nudging, moving the ball in the opposite direction that TPA does their's, mess you up at all? I'm loving Timeshock like crazy, but after 3 years of TPA, I'm really having a hard time adjusting. Plus, I'm afraid that if I do adjust, it'll just mess up my TPA skills.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I'll answer as a more monster player of Pro Pinball. I set the reverse-nudge option in TPA long ago so that it matches what Pro Pinball does. Pro Pinball does it right. TPA is backwards by default.

I hate TPA's default direction of nudging. It's dumbed down, to work as if you're directly controlling the ball, hit left to make the ball go left. That's not at all how pinball nudging works. You move the TABLE, not the ball. If you want a ball in open space to go to the left, what really happens on a real machine is you move the table to the right and then the ball is further left relative to the table.

It's Microsoft that first screwed this up. All the earlier PC pinball sims worked the correct way. But then Space Cadet worked the dumbed-down way and that's what everybody saw and learned from being built in to Windows.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'll answer as a more monster player of Pro Pinball. I set the reverse-nudge option in TPA long ago so that it matches what Pro Pinball does. Pro Pinball does it right. TPA is backwards by default.

I hate TPA's default direction of nudging. It's dumbed down, to work as if you're directly controlling the ball, hit left to make the ball go left. That's not at all how pinball nudging works. You move the TABLE, not the ball. If you want a ball in open space to go to the left, what really happens on a real machine is you move the table to the right and then the ball is further left relative to the table.

Unfortunately, I do the same as you. I set the reverse nudge as well. In fact, I was one of the testers insisting FS reverse their nudging in the first place. When TPA first released, the option to reverse it didn't exist. So now when I play Timeshock, the same thing is happening. It's like TPA's default. Pushing right moves the ball right. I'm sure the original Pro Pinballs did the same, but that was pre TPA, so I was good with it.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
OMG I forgot how amazing this table was. The rules, modes, music, light show, pacing, narrative, everything, but now with 21st century hardware and a vertical monitor. I'm having a hard time going back to TPA. Yes, I'm even slowly adjusting to the backward nudging. I feel like I'm cheating on TPA.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I backed at the iOS only level before I got a Pincab. Does anyone know if there's a place I can buy it? I checked Steam and came up empty

Members online

Members online