Pro Pinball

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
My only draw back at the moment is that for some reason at the bottom of table, the table instructions section gets stretched. I can't seem to figure out how to make that go away other than to adjust the Y factor and slide the table down so that it is not visible in the view. That leaves about a 2-3 inch gap of black at the top of the table monitor ... Let me know if you see that same stretch on the graphics or if you find a fix for that. I'm thinking it has something to do with the z factor and that the spot where the developers placed the fold point (point on the view where it bends on the Z slide to lay back the table) is right there where the stretch begins. Hopefull the devs notice that and can adjust something.

Here's what I'm getting at the bottom of table:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
My only draw back at the moment is that for some reason at the bottom of table, the table instructions section gets stretched. I can't seem to figure out how to make that go away other than to adjust the Y factor and slide the table down so that it is not visible in the view. That leaves about a 2-3 inch gap of black at the top of the table monitor ... Let me know if you see that same stretch on the graphics or if you find a fix for that. I'm thinking it has something to do with the z factor and that the spot where the developers placed the fold point (point on the view where it bends on the Z slide to lay back the table) is right there where the stretch begins. Hopefull the devs notice that and can adjust something.
I tried your settings exactly any get the same issue with the instructions. I tried view 4 and can see the instructions as it seems to be rendered in that view but still get the blurring at the top. tbh I tried a lot of combinations but none completely satisfying. If I hit on some nice settings I will report back :).

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I tried your settings exactly any get the same issue with the instructions. I tried view 4 and can see the instructions as it seems to be rendered in that view but still get the blurring at the top. tbh I tried a lot of combinations but none completely satisfying. If I hit on some nice settings I will report back :).

Your right ... with view 4 the instructions are not stretched. Thanks for that little tip ... I've changed over to view 4 and at the moment it appears that will be the best option. It's not perfect, but overall its pretty darn good. It's nice to see this table with a backglass and working DMD.

Now its time for the rest of the tables!!! :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Your right ... with view 4 the instructions are not stretched. Thanks for that little tip ... I've changed over to view 4 and at the moment it appears that will be the best option. It's not perfect, but overall its pretty darn good. It's nice to see this table with a backglass and working DMD.

Now its time for the rest of the tables!!! :cool:

Agree it is really good. The best table in the cabinet for me. Hopefully they can sort the blurring at the top to make it perfection :)

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Any likely hood of the newer physics they discussed for the iOS version? Or is it abandoned now. It's a great pinball game as it is - but would be even better with extras.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Was Pro Pinball discussing a new physics engine? If so, I wasn't aware of it. I wouldn't change a thing. These guys have an amazingly realistic sim going.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, eventually the gonna implement an improved version with ball spin etc. Based on what they had with fantastic journey.
Plan is that you can switch between the engines and keep the classic TS engine if you like it better.
Back in the day I liked TS physics better than FJ. Sometimes less is more.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, eventually the gonna implement an improved version with ball spin etc. Based on what they had with fantastic journey.
Plan is that you can switch between the engines and keep the classic TS engine if you like it better.
Back in the day I liked TS physics better than FJ. Sometimes less is more.

Same for me. The good news is they said they would allow the new physics to be switchable so for oldies like us we can keep the 'Timeshock' physics.

At some point they also mentioned air balls would be implemented: ie: ball jumping and hitting the table glass. Didn't some of the 90s tables have that - I seem to recall it vaguely?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Sweet. They just added real DMD output and the foundations for force feedback.
That is how it's done.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Sweet. They just added real DMD output and the foundations for force feedback.
That is how it's done.

Great to hear. I am glad all those comments I made years ago defending them ended up being worthwhile. They clearly weren't conmen as some suggested. Just perfectionists and a bit slow. Hope they use all the foundations they have developed to add the other tables.

Just want to see now a clearer and better cab render.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
8bb18c24f614335e8c9e1f4ca1b8b5cc.jpg

It took 1 sec to set up. Sweet as hell!!!

Dunno but my cab render is pretty clear.
I start from a vertical screen with 1920 res. No in game rotation.
Lower left view.
FXAA activated trough nvidia driver.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Finally playing that video mode for the first time on a real DMD after all those years. Just incredible.
Instantly scored perfect two levels :D

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Wow, I just clicked on this thread by accident and the first thing I saw was the photo by mpad. And the first thing I thought: is that real Timeshock table from Silver Castle out yet? How come I didn't hear about that? Incredible to see Timeshock like this!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just setup as well - real DMD looks great particularly video mode.
[MENTION=4070]mpad[/MENTION] - thanks for info. I will try your settings. I have tried so many combos now I have lost track what I have done. Your view shows instruction cards and not too much stretching. Did you also set the cab mode option on as well, and adjust the view sliders? Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.