PS3 DLC Impressions

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the video Sinistar...I see the flippers are still not properly spaced as the rotational axis points of the flippers are still not lined up with the holes on the playfield, but I wasn't expecting this to be fixed just yet anyway since FarSight just recently fixed this issue for the mobile devices that they plan to release with the next mobile updates.

In MM it seems like the ball is coming off the damsel down ramp way too fast. Just flies past the right flipper.

This is another fix FarSight recently implemented on MM and plan to release it with the next mobile updates. Again, I wasn't expecting this issue to be fixed either.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Are we sure the flipper gap is ok? On the video, it looks the same as the iOS version to me.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Your TV has way more saturation than mine. Could be the camera too though.

I have to use a angle view adjustment for my TV , and the camera might be at wrong angle , also the only footage of a decent game I recorded out of 7 video shots (the other 6 games were embarassing bad), and this one was the only one that Microsoft movie maker rejected for being corrupted , so I uploaded it to youtube RAW from the camera instead of processing in movie maker first, the next video is uploaded in 20 minutes and will have been processed in movie maker and wil be HD .

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
TOTAN is really dark now haven't tested the other core tables. Sometimes in CV I'm getting two balls in the plunger lane for some odd reason and the camera locks after you shoot the plunger, after a few seconds one of the balls disappears and the camera goes back to the setting you had before.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks for the video Sinistar...I see the flippers are still not properly spaced as the rotaional axis points of the flippers are still not lined up with the holes on the playfield, but I wasn't expecting this to be fixed just yet anyway since FarSight just recently fixed this issue for the mobile devices that they plan to release with the next mobile updates.

Are we sure the flipper gap is ok? On the video, it looks the same as the iOS version to me.

Yeah, maybe they aren't completely fixed yet, but they seem closer together than the iOS version to me.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm almost temped to run to Walmart right now and buy a PS3 just to play these tables now, but I think I can hold out a little longer for DLC to show up on the Xbox 360... :D

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Dear god the PS3 version looks good.
After playing this version I don't think I can even turn the Vita version on again. The Vita and mobile versions that I've seen look like complete trash compared to this.

While I do think it is a tad too dark, the lighting looks fantastic (2 or 3 different lighting options would be perfect). The video above really doesn't do it justice. The sharp texture work and lighting on the PS3 version almost makes it seem like these are real tables. They resemble the video footage people post on youtube of actual table light shows, getting close to it anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like CV and MM also have more voice work in the PS3 version... or maybe it is just missing from the Vita version?

Overall I seriously think the quality of the PS3 version killed the Vita version for me.

Have Farsight mentioned putting in a vertical/portrait mode for the console versions too? If they do that I'll go buy a new 1080p screen, build a frame, wire some PS3 buttons to it and make a virtual pinball table. It will look good next to my arcade machines.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm almost temped to run to Walmart right now and buy a PS3 just to play these tables now, but I think I can hold out a little longer for DLC to show up on the Xbox 360... :D

:D

These tables really are beautiful.

I wish I could find my camera. Looking at MM with my iPad and PS3 version next to each other, the flippers are definitely a bit closer together on the PS3 verison, although probably not completely right yet.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Compare the gif/pic to the still frame video and you can easily see that the flipper gap and artwork is still wrong.
Thanks to the guys that made the pic and vid.

1idd1c.gif

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
I just played on a friend's PS3, tables look amazing compared to iOS. Only had the demo versions, but I played all and the lighting is just sooo much better. MM dragon ramp is too fast, but I agree the flippers are closer than iOS for sure.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Compare the gif/pic to the still frame video and you can easily see that the flipper gap and artwork is still wrong.
Thanks to the guys that made the pic and vid.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1idd1c.gif

Yeah, but I'm not talking about that pic. I'm talking about my own visual comparison between my iPad and PS3 (sorry, I can't find my camera right now and my wife is asleep so I can't bug her to find it, lol).....but on my iPad, with Landscape camera 1, the tip of the right flipper barely even touches the edge of the scroll on the playfield, but on the PS3 the right flipper extends over to the left edge of the "D" in "LAND" (pretty much right in between the "N" and "D")....so it's definitely better, but as I said, probably not completely right yet...

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yeah, but I'm not talking about that pic. I'm talking about my own visual comparison between my iPad and PS3 (sorry, I can't find my camera right now and my wife is asleep so I can't bug her to find it, lol).....but on my iPad, the tip of the right flipper barely even touches the edge of the scroll on the playfield, but on the PS3 the right flipper extends over to the left edge of the "D" in "LAND" (pretty much right in between the "N" and "D")....so it's definitely better, but as I said, probably not completely right yet...

Ah, gotcha.
I didn't realize the ios version was even more borked than the Vita version.

I'm honestly not sure I'll be able to play the Vita version now. At least not until they update the lighting to be closer to the console version.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok, so I finally tried the tables. Oh my gawd the lighting is fantastic. CV is beautiful. On top of that, my personal peeve, the CV outlanes... are tolerable. It may be just my luck, but the oulanes only seem 60% deadly instead of 90%. Throw in the better nudging system and that cuts the drains dramatically. I hope FarSight doesn't "fix" them again.

And Funhouse... I've never seen this table lit like this before. It's stunning. It really reminds me of being at a carnival midway at night. The DMD instructions do fly by too fast though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ok, so I finally tried the tables. Oh my gawd the lighting is fantastic. CV is beautiful. On top of that, my personal peeve, the CV outlanes... are tolerable. It may be just my luck, but the oulanes only seem 60% deadly instead of 90%. Throw in the better nudging system and that cuts the drains dramatically. I hope FarSight doesn't "fix" them again.

And Funhouse... I've never seen this table lit like this before. It's stunning. It really reminds me of being at a carnival midway at night. The DMD instructions do fly by too fast though.

Word.

Looking at the 360 version now compared to this is like a night and day difference. You 360 guys are going to be blown away if we get this same lighting and color balance in the next 360 update. It's just soooooo much better.

I'm actually getting distracted by the grooviness of the light show in multiball and losing balls because of it....never had that happen before today. :)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the BOP and CV video Sinistar...Funhouse please...if you have time. :)

Also, can anyone tell me how Neon Multiball looks with the PS3 lighting? Since the mobile devices are lacking HDR lighting, you don't get the overwhelming visual effect of Neon Multiball.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm actually getting distracted by the grooviness of the light show in multiball and losing balls because of it....never had that happen before today. :)

This is actually great to hear. Disorientation is part of the effect the light shows on the real tables would cause you to experience.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the BOP and CV video Sinistar...Funhouse please...if you have time. :)

Also, can anyone tell me how Neon Multiball looks with the PS3 lighting? Since the mobile devices are lacking HDR lighting, you don't get the overwhelming visual effect of Neon Multiball.

One word... Holy Sheet! The neon in that mode strobes. It strobes! Turn off the lights in the house and you could rave! Seizure warnings will be required. Man I hope we get BK2k.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I had a nice 17,000,000 point game on Funhouse with lots of the modes shown off in it that I recorded and was all set to upload it - when I realized I'd mis-aimed the camera and cut off the top part of my TV screen. Blech. Oh well. Someone else can upload Funhouse :)

More issues with Funhouse:

- I had to achieve "Rudy Gulp" three times before I got the Standard Goal completion

- I had a shot off the upper left flipper that went straight into the jet bumpers. I was aiming for the trap door and just barely missed and it went into the jet bumpers instead. That's impossible - there's no path for the ball there.

- I started a new game and it got stuck in attract mode - this seems to be a bug across all of the tables

Might just be me but the coloring seems off. I don't remember there being any purple/pink coloring or lighting to the ramps or back area of the table but there are in TPA.

Tabe

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.