Radical and Rollergames

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
Both Williams System 11, both have good layouts and are fast and fun to play.

Radical - Bally
Rollergames - Williams

Which of these pins would you like to see in TPA?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
+1
but if it has to be just one then
Radical_MoP_1.png

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've not come across a Radical.

But every show I've been to, Rollergames has always been busy if it's been there.

So I'm going to say Rollergames.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Radical is a true player's game, tons of shots which all need to be hit to light locks. I've played it once and it's a ton of fun.

Rollergames isn't that good, it's essentially High Speed with more shots. Most people enjoy it for the cheesy theme.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Rollergames were made in 4x bigger number than Radical! Radical! was rare even then.
The bad thing about Radical! is that it looks and sound a lot like TPZ or Dr. Dude so it is instant turn of for people that doesn't like those two even if they never played it. But it plays differently although it's all about ramps.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Rollergames were made in 4x bigger number than Radical! Radical! was rare even then.
The bad thing about Radical! is that it looks and sound a lot like TPZ or Dr. Dude so it is instant turn of for people that doesn't like those two even if they never played it. But it plays differently although it's all about ramps.

i actually think Radical does the theme the best. it's more skateboard oriented where PZ and DD are trying to be 90's Fox cartoons. It's also a much better table than both.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Radical!
And just want to add that Rollergames has nothing to do with skateboarding and No Fear has nothing to do with skateboarding either. Don't mix the themes up.

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I got to play Rollergames at YESTERcades and it's fun and cheesy, much like Dr. Dude. I like those types of tables.

I get the feeling Rollergames would lose all the company logos if it came to TPA, those logos are a good part of the charm, actually.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
why? It's more like a free commercial for them than anything else. It's not that someone would pay 5$ just to watch pepsi logo.
The same goes for those brands in Blackwater 100.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
why? It's more like a free commercial for them than anything else. It's not that someone would pay 5$ just to watch pepsi logo.
The same goes for those brands in Blackwater 100.
Sure, but lawyers rule the world and all that. It's like how TV sitcoms have been using the same dummy newspaper for two decades now, or product packaging sometimes is blacked out. Also, I believe Orange Slice is no longer made (RIP). I thought those team names belonged to an official league, so those are also trademarked. It would probably be a bit complicated to do Rollergames.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Radical! would get my vote - I remember playing it as a kid and it instantly clicked with me due to the skateboarding theme (used to skateboard back then myself).

It has a nice lock mechanism, cool ramps (open on one side, criss-cross with diverter and a pool), (somewhat) unusual flipper and bumper placements/configuration...
It's a shame the VUK kicker in the upper-left corner did not make it into production run games so the "snake run" shot just feels strange with the ball only hitting a stand-up target and bouncing back rather than entering a subway and being kicked up through a VUK into one of the ramps... I really wish TPA would be allowed to have these prototype features in their recreations optionally.

Also Radical! should be a much more likely candidate due to licensing stuff...

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I want both games, they are both even when it comes to a lot of fun. Like I said I want all System 11 and DMD games someday PLEASE FARSIGHT.

Members online

Members online