Random Auto Tilts

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ah I didn't I do now though. Problem is that we can't reproduce it at all here on the various devices we have. Any further info you have might help, this one is eluding us so far...

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
I've experienced this on latest build on lenovo ideatab a2109 - not consistent but sometimes starting a table such as T2 pressing the launch gun the ball launches and immediately tilts - this was with shake disabled on control scheme 1 - and not always but seemed to happen on1st ball if it did.

This was in trial mode

My ideatab died and I'm waiting to get a different tablet (maybe a tegra note 7) so will report back when I try on it!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Those of you seeing this bug, are you using the tilt meter?

No - I think this is a separate bug to that one.

I saw this review on the Play store earlier this week...
ebuby4e4.jpg

Noticed the device reported was an S4 so tried it on my GT-I9505 (UK) which I don't game on usually.
I tried every combination of settings and couldn't reproduce the instant auto nudging. Even tried having bluetooth on without controller connected, plus every combo in options. Nothing.

I could reproduce the tilt meter on = app crash bug though, which is why I think it's a separate issue from this.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
For those of you that are having this issue, can you video this bug happening? We are trying to figure out exactly what is going on (ie every event that happens after plunge, is it really nudging or just tilting without, etc)

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
For those of you that are having this issue, can you video this bug happening? We are trying to figure out exactly what is going on (ie every event that happens after plunge, is it really nudging or just tilting without, etc)

Here are two videos reproducing random tilting/nuding etc. Do not hesitate to ask any questions. Note, it was obviously harder to reproduce when Im trying to film. Most of the time when I start playing, issues do not arise until i'm in the middle of the game. And then for each game after that issues are easier to reproduce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DEVwjbJq68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkPxzAvvuU

N

netizen

Did you notice in both videos that just before the random tilts the saucer disappears/reappears :/

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
oh that's weird, we were under the impression from reports that it was happening immediately after starting the game, the fact that time passes will make this even harder to pin down, especially since we have never seen this. Are there any tables where this doesn't happen? Like non emulated tables? I am wondering if there is a memory stomp in the emu somewhere...

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
those helped thanks =) does it only do it when you are rubbing the screen like that? I am wondering if something is getting stomped on memory wise... Also this happens on other tables than AFM?

Ejsik

Dec 30, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMahalW85k8

Sorry for the poor quality.
In my case it happens everytime I launch the table -although I made a mistake in my first post - looks like the nuding isn't "auto", it was because of my habit of changing launch options everytime I open STTNG. Every touch to the screen though is a really hard nudge - the part when I switched on tilt meter illustrates that well, and it doesn't matter what nudge settings are.
At the end you can see that when I turn on the "ball control" option it works fine.
Any questions or another recording needed please let me know though I can't really get a better quality right now.
THanks!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Rubbing the screen may increase the chance but Ive simply had my thumbs softly tapping and was able to cause these types of issues.

I'm really at a loss because the black strip on the Nook HD+ is also touch sensitive and can easily cause nudging which is so odd. So this app can't handle it.

Also, I did some testing with the tilt meter on. You may want to look into it because I was able to nudge and keep the tilt meter full. No tilt occured just capped off. There is definitely something up with nudging,

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
black strip? Did you try the newest Beta? (22b) I made some changes blindly but no clue if they did anything to help =\

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
black strip? Did you try the newest Beta? (22b) I made some changes blindly but no clue if they did anything to help =\

The black strip is flush with the devices screen. Its where the nook home button is located. Anyway I was able to see some improvements and now can reproduce the behavior by rubbing both of my thumbs vertically in opposite directions at the same time.

I'll post another video this weekend and along with the tilt meter issue I'm having as well.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Here are two more videos. If you have any suggestions for more videos please let me know. Basically I am demonstrating how to cause tilt with the latest build from Google Play. 1/18/2014.

I put emphasis on how I am rubbing the strip along the bottom that I keep referring to which is also is a factor in the cause. I have nudge turned off and no where near a nudge region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9O-uHCK4ks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdE9Wnhlxcs

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Odd. I wonder if you are getting random "button presses" from your device, which you shouldn't that would be a weird hardware driver thing. Does that black strip do anything operational? I couldn't tell from the video.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Additionally, would you be able to load an apk if I provided a link here? I can't remember if you have ever beta'd for me or not.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Additionally, would you be able to load an apk if I provided a link here? I can't remember if you have ever beta'd for me or not.

Yes, I can load .apk files now that I have root access on my device. I'm going to record another video soon, it should really help because I believe there is still actually a tilting issue in general and I can reproduce easily.

1. Turn invert nudge is off
2. Turn on tilt meter

Result:
I can't cause tilt but the tilt meter fills entirely as soon as I start a game and touch the screen. (I'm doing it now!)

The black strip is simply a cosmetic thing, but has proven to increase my chances to reproduce the behavior.

Stay tuned!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.