Random Auto Tilts

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
thanks for the update guys =) I will have to take a closer look at the sections of code that were effected and see if I can make a permanent fix that is happy for everyone. Stay tuned! I will want to test that build before we go live to make sure all is kosher. Thanks again for testing this guys!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok here is the build with the hack in that will hopefully work for people with and without a controller and fixes the auto tilt weirdness.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityTiltBetaC.apk

Now to enable joysticks you have to first press a button or trigger first, that is the fix I came up with. We still can't figure out why it was doing this to so few of you, and looking at the code it really shouldn't do it at all, its very very bizarre.

Please test this one to see if you are still getting the auto tilt bug or not :) if not this is what will be going out live. Thanks again for your guys' patience and help in this matter it really helped.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
ok here is the build with the hack in that will hopefully work for people with and without a controller and fixes the auto tilt weirdness.

Now to enable joysticks you have to first press a button or trigger first, that is the fix I came up with. We still can't figure out why it was doing this to so few of you, and looking at the code it really shouldn't do it at all, its very very bizarre.

Please test this one to see if you are still getting the auto tilt bug or not :) if not this is what will be going out live. Thanks again for your guys' patience and help in this matter it really helped.

As someone who wasn't suffering from the auto tilt bug, I thought I'd try this to check it doesn't affect existing controller functionality.

It appears to work fine personally (Nexus 7 2012 - 4.4.2 Rooted).
On first start of app, the analogue sticks do not respond for a connected controller, until one of the A,B,X,Y buttons is pressed. After that it behaves as the past 4 months since native controller support was introduced.
I didn't test beyond 2 mins connected due to time available, but will give it more testing tomorrow, looking for time out type errors.

Just personal opinion, but this could potentially confuse controller players. I don't know of any other apps where press to activate is required. The controls description page could do with an update really, first explaining controller functionality, and secondly - this new press to enable change.

But... Nice work Ryan - looks like a solution to suit all!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah i thought about that. I just can't figure out where the values are coming from unfortunately =\ those devices seem to be sending bad data across, or there is some smart cam thing doing "magic" behind the scenes. But thank you for making sure it doesn't break other controller users!

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
@ Ryan. Build "C" is working good for me, tried it with various tables but I don't have a controller to try it with. I appreciate all the work you have put into sorting this out :D

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Spent a good 40mins with the controller connected to the build C beta in this thread - no problems at all.
Controller activates in TPA with either the triggers or A, B, X & Y buttons, then performs normally.

Only real issue is the same permanently zero'd hud for Original Black Knight and Gorgar - same bug as in current pack 23 beta.

Ejsik

Dec 30, 2013

Hi
Looks like it works fine on my phone as well :)) thanks! Can't wait to play again :)

rampachuflo

Aug 1, 2016
Hello
I have exactly the same bug with the last version in a tablet "bq edison 3"
Will this issue be fixed? Any solution?
Thank you very much!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.