Restore purchases on iOS 7

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Is anybody running iOS 7? (I am a developer so I have been using it to test my apps.) The 7 GM dropped yesterday, I installed it on my iPad, and now I can't restore any of my purchased tables in TPA 2.7.1. It just says "restoring purchases... please wait." and hangs there forever.

EDIT: It only happens in the Options menu "Restore Purchases" option. I went into Season One Tables, picked a table I own, it asked if I wanted to restore, and then everything worked fine. (Although it ALWAYS asks for my Apple ID Password twice... minor annoyance as I have a long complicated password. I guess the fingerprint sensor will sort that out!)

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Although it ALWAYS asks for my Apple ID Password twice...
Under iOS 6.x.x (I'm currently running v6.1.3), I've always had to enter my Apple ID password twice at that same step so I don't think that part of the issue is iOS 7 related.

Your other issue I can't comment on since I'm NOT running iOS 7

pac666

Aug 14, 2012
Since upgrading to IOS 7, I've lost all my tables (I've puchased the majority 20+) bar TOTAN, CC, CP and T2 which I backed. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restore purchases etc...and nothing. Restoring actually removes T2!! I've reported to @support so hopefully this will be fixed soon :(

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Something is messed up on either FS or apple's side. What I did was the old school way: enter the 'season two' - click on any table you have purchased - click yes at restore purchases dialogue - let the one table download. Exit to main menu - enter options/ manage tables - download owned tables.

I really suspect apple does something weird in the background. I'm also beta testing and installed the beta. You can not purchase anything in the sandboxed beta, so I had no tables. I uninstalled TPA and downloaded from the App Store. iOS 7 automagically re-installed the beta again... Only a full reset/restore of my iPad helped. This time I first installed from the AppStore, downloaded the tables there, then installed the beta.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
If you want to remove the beta, go to Settings -> General -> Profiles and delete the "PBA Ad Hoc" provisioning profiles. These remove the temporary certificates that authorize the particular version of TPA beta.

If you want to be sure, remove the Testflight WebClip profile as well which authorizes those certificates.

The thing is, Apple does a really good job backing up your iPad... But if you remove those profiles, the app cannot run anymore. You'll have to manually remove and re-add your device to Testflight in order to get the betas again.

These provisioning profiles allow unsigned apps to temporarily run on your device, like betas.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
True, but when I deleted all these, it still grabbed the beta from somewhere in the depths of its cache rather than install the app from the AppStore. That was the weird thing :) I'm getting too old :)

Btw, all my passwords (email, wifi, fb, twitter) were gone this time - never happend to me below iOS 7... The rest of the settings were there...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Can't you just go to the App Store, go to the purchased apps section, and then just get the app from there?
That's what I do when I want to go from the beta to the real app. I'm not on iOS 7 so I don't know if that changes anything.
Or are you saying you tried this and it didn't work?

pac666

Aug 14, 2012
Have you tried logging in with your farsight account from within the app?

I've tried everything. Reinstall, log out, log in, restore purchases etc. Farsighted have now asked me for proof of purchase for all my tables. Do they not have these records? My high scores should be telling :) Getting fed up.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Can't you just go to the App Store, go to the purchased apps section, and then just get the app from there?
That's what I do when I want to go from the beta to the real app. I'm not on iOS 7 so I don't know if that changes anything.
Or are you saying you tried this and it didn't work?

Nope, iOS 7 has it chached somewhere... I only could get the regular installed, if I didn't install the beta first... Such a weird thing....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nope, iOS 7 has it chached somewhere... I only could get the regular installed, if I didn't install the beta first... Such a weird thing....

The more I hear about iOS 7, the less interested I become in updating. I'm staying away for now.

mumdb1

Sep 24, 2013
I've tried everything. Reinstall, log out, log in, restore purchases etc. Farsighted have now asked me for proof of purchase for all my tables. Do they not have these records? My high scores should be telling :) Getting fed up.

I have the same problem since the iOS7 upgrade, although I have both the purchased and free versions and the only way I could get the tables to download is on the free version by signing in, choosing a table that I had previously purchased, download that one, then go to restore tables which restored them all except for T2 which I then had to close the app, open it and launch T2 by itself and then I was able to restore it. I can't get any tables to come down in the paid version.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Restoring only restores the products on the version (paid or free) that they were purchased on. When a restore is successful, all previous purchases are wiped from that version to prevent mixing and exploiting different Apple ID's. Consequently, entitlements are also wiped. As you observed, restarting the app while logged in or relogging will refresh your entitlements. The purchases are then shared between the paid and free versions of the app.

As for the Restore Purchases button in the options menu, it appears to be a simple timing issue. In iOS 6.1 and lower, message boxes would be displayed near instantly. In iOS 7, there is a small delay between firing them off and them actually appearing on-screen. This lead to the hang. After pressing Yes to restore, a message box is fired with the contents of "Restoring purchases... please wait." Shortly afterwards, the payment queue is asked to restore purchases. Doing this makes the Apple ID login popup. However, it is after this that the previous message box finally pops onto the screen, ultimately hiding the Apple ID login popup. The app will be stuck at this point.

Are there any issues with the other method of restoring (selecting a table that isn't owned)?

pac666

Aug 14, 2012
I have the same problem since the iOS7 upgrade, although I have both the purchased and free versions and the only way I could get the tables to download is on the free version by signing in, choosing a table that I had previously purchased, download that one, then go to restore tables which restored them all except for T2 which I then had to close the app, open it and launch T2 by itself and then I was able to restore it. I can't get any tables to come down in the paid version.

Worked thanks. :)

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I'm getting some of my tables to restore but not all. They were all purchased on my iPhone 5 and recently I added my profile to my wife's old iPad 2 and about half of my tables are recogniZed. I thought about re-purchasing but if it messes up and charges me double my wife will go through the roof. Any thoughts. Some specific tables not restoring are ATM, TZ, MB while NGG, MM, Elvira's tables all restore fine. What gives. All tables were purchased under the same Apple ID.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
I'm getting some of my tables to restore but not all. They were all purchased on my iPhone 5 and recently I added my profile to my wife's old iPad 2 and about half of my tables are recogniZed. I thought about re-purchasing but if it messes up and charges me double my wife will go through the roof. Any thoughts. Some specific tables not restoring are ATM, TZ, MB while NGG, MM, Elvira's tables all restore fine. What gives. All tables were purchased under the same Apple ID.

I have the same problem. Trying to restore my tables to my new iphone ios7 (originally purchased on my ipad1 5.1.1). All tables restored except 8 of them(all from season 1).
These tables did not restore and ask me to purchase them on my iphone,
Black Hole
Black Knight
Bride
Funhouse
Gorgar
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
Theatre of Magic

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Everyone having trouble restoring tables with iOS7. Download the latest update and see if that fixed it.

My app is up to date. Is it possible the tables i'm having problems with are tables i purchased when i had the free version? Although, on my ipad i do have all of my purchased tables in the one app(not free app).

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
My app is up to date. Is it possible the tables i'm having problems with are tables i purchased when i had the free version? Although, on my ipad i do have all of my purchased tables in the one app(not free app).

Yes that probably is the problem. Purchases made on the free app do not register on the paid app.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.