Rollergames

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Same, underrated Ritchie game in my opinion. It's a shame that its subject to the cumulative jackpot (WILLIAMS letters for RG) that plagued most of the System 11s.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
It's cheesy 80s awesomeness at it's finest .

But besides the license for the tv show . It has a lot of cheeky licenses in it. Thermos, Slice Soda Pop, Gamepro lol. Pretty sure those are all defunct brands, not sure how you'd even go about securing licenses like that. Kinda like early forms of in game advertisements than licenses...

p6800

May 17, 2013
There are losts of us who love it. Just ask shutyertrap if he is a fan! :)

Unfortunately, the chances are slim to ever see this...

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Same, underrated Ritchie game in my opinion. It's a shame that its subject to the cumulative jackpot (WILLIAMS letters for RG) that plagued most of the System 11s.

Some of them can be set to a fixed score. On Elvira, for instance, you can set it to either a cumulative jackpot or a fixed 4 million. I can't speak for every single game, though, just ones that I've had experience with in real life.

EDIT:
I just realized what you meant by that, with the WILLIAMS letters. That's like the ELVIRA letters, which can also be adjusted. In that case, it's possible to make each player have their own set of letters that doesn't carry over.

I think Williams was just out to make games more competitive during those times than they were in the past, even if it wasn't as fair. There are ways to make it fair in some cases, though.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Some of them can be set to a fixed score. On Elvira, for instance, you can set it to either a cumulative jackpot or a fixed 4 million. I can't speak for every single game, though, just ones that I've had experience with in real life.

EDIT:
I just realized what you meant by that, with the WILLIAMS letters. That's like the ELVIRA letters, which can also be adjusted. In that case, it's possible to make each player have their own set of letters that doesn't carry over.

I think Williams was just out to make games more competitive during those times than they were in the past, even if it wasn't as fair. There are ways to make it fair in some cases, though.

Is the Elvira ROM not set to restart with each game on TPA?

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Would also like to see this one. It was the pin I played the most during my teens (as I didn't have easy access to any other ones - rural Germany is not Pinball Heaven, and never was...). But nostalgia aside, it still is a fun table. Love the 'Don't Flip' magnet.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Wasn't the "WILLIAMS Bonus" a hurry-up? I read somewhere that when it was spelled, a hurry-up starting at 4m points would lite at the Wall of Death.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I wish there were more tables based on game shows.

A pinball table based on The Crystal Maze... that would be a match made in heaven. Half the games involved rolling a crystal around in some form. And the theme would have suited perfectly!

Sorry for non-Brits. Google it!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
do you think the soda licences in the middle of the table would need a kickstarter?

I doubt people would care. It's more likely they'd be "de-branded" rather than ask fans to pay to include a drinks logo on an unknown machine.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Too bad it wasn't in any of the recent polls. Wonder where it would have landed...

I hope all of Steve's tables will make it before last pack of last season!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
There are losts of us who love it. Just ask shutyertrap if he is a fan! :)

Unfortunately, the chances are slim to ever see this...

Huh? Wha? Somebody call my name? Rollergames? Oh hell yeah!!

They should pay FarSight for free advertising.

That used to be 'Seinfelds' attitude when it came to the cereal boxes. I don't remember if it was Jerry himself or not, but someone on that show hated the practice of 'greeking out' name brands. That is where you cover up some of the logo with black tape or disguise it in some fashion, even though the audience can 90% of the time tell exactly what the product is. So they didn't do it, which is a huge risk should you tick off one of those brands and they decide to sue. Instead what happened was, the show got so popular that the brands wanted to pay the show to have their box visible at the front of the shelf. The show refused that too, because they weren't trying to advertise. Instead they just rotated the order every couple of episodes.

The Junior Mint episode was the riskiest. The makers of that candy were none too happy to find their product at the center of a life threatening plot point. They contemplated legal action, and then remembered the whole M&M's thing with E.T., and how Reece's Pieces exploded thanks to that movie. Realizing that fans of the show would actually be talking to friends about Junior Mints, thus exposing the brand even more, they backed off.

What am I trying to say with this? Go for it FarSight! Just put it out there! Pepsi won't care one bit I'm sure! :rolleyes: *doot de doo*

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Tell me about it... I'm still trying to track down a custom ROM for High Speed that freezes the jackpot :(

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
Used to have this table. Countless hours have been spent listening to that soundtrack. This is right up there on my wishlist.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
At Klopek, Amen to that, ok everybody let's sing the song. "Rock, Rock, Rockin Rollergames, Rock, Rock Rockin Rollergames, Rockin and Rollin, Rockin and Rollergames". It's Sudden death, go for the wall. I really love this game it has to come out, I played it a lot when I had Visual Pinball, I also played it in real life many times to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts