Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
For me its not so much about the cost, its the convenience and the principle of the thing.

I will pick up the season pass and like periodically having a new table to download without any hassle. If I have to buy them every time they come out, I might find "oh, I can't really spare the money this month".
There have been quite a few tables I didn't even like at first so I would never have bought them. Its only because of the season pack that I ended up with them and some (not all) I grew to like. Without the season pack I probably wouldn't have bought any season 3 tables yet.

Most importantly though, I don't like the idea that a company would be stupid enough to allow Apple to set the rules for how they sell on ALL platforms. Its the principle of the thing.

Last edited:

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
In about 35 years of gaming, TPA is by far the best bargain I have come across. Nothing else comes close!

I hate to even think about how many hours I'm going to log on BK2K. A table I didn't even know existed until recently.

My only complaint is they can't make tables quick enough!

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
I don't get the outrage myself. I picked up the Season 3 pass for iOS before it got pulled for convenience - the savings wasn't that significant that I could see, a few quid maybe?

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, maybe I save my outrage for actual injustices in the world, but I'm certainly not going to stop buying machines for the Pinball Arcade or dump my iPad or iPhone over something as trivial as this.

Of course it's not a real-world issue, and the outrage, which seems a bit strong of a word here, is one of principle. We're talking about this stuff in a vacuum, so if you step back and it's not a big deal, obviously. However in terms of something you spend a lot of time with and put your money behind, no matter how much, it doesn't feel good when you get the impression they're not being straightforward with you. I mean I don't really care about them doing away with pre-sell season packs if it is more financially sustainable long-term that way. Just them trying to pass it off for the reason of parity doesn't fly.

Also most people here are die-hards and will buy them anyway. If you can afford a garage of $5k machines, and this is trivial to you then great. That's not relevant to this discussion. They do risk losing money from those with limited interest or resources, and that and the message are two different issues to me.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I didn't read every thread prior to posting this, but the cost per tables / increase in price is only a small portion of the concern for me. The concern is that the mismanagement and poor decision making continues into 2014 and I don't think this franchise is going to continue to absorb it and bounce back. Us die-hard fans will see this lack of consistency which is validated by the creation of this thread. The other fans will just see this as FS being greedy/tables getting expensive etc. Regardless this decision benefited no one and was poor imo..

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I think this is ANOTHER incredibly stupid move by FarSight. It seems like every other newsletter includes some PR spin on why they have to increase prices. My respect for them is dropping quite fast (and not necessarily due to the price increases but how they're handled). My interest in spending any money on their products is waning fast.

I think, if the TRUE purpose of this change is not just to make more money, they should make the table packs $3 each ($4 for Pro). I know they won't do it but that's my suggestion to deal with this issue, which really should be a non-issue for anyone except Apple users. I swear this just feels like another thinly veiled money grab. It's one thing to raise prices, it's another to try to explain it with illogical excuses.

N

netizen

Can the whole "the cost has gone up" dead horse just die already? The cost per pack hasn't changed. What has changed is the number of tables per pack. If you want to be pissed about the changes, at least be mad about the right thing *facepalm*

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Ummm... I see where you're coming from, but by removing the season pack, they ARE raising the price (at least until the end of the season when the season pack is back) since buying the tables individually is more expensive than buying the pack.

N

netizen

However, that is not what the complaint is when the accusation is that FarSight has raised the price of the table packs. Is it?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
However, that is not what the complaint is when the accusation is that FarSight has raised the price of the table packs. Is it?

Which they kind of have done if the product could be bought for 30 before and now that same thing can only be bought for 50.
Also if you get 2 of something for one price and then remove one and charge the same price that is raising the price.

I'm going to point out I'm not bothered by the switch to 1. Was quite happy to get 10 good tables for 30 but now a bit bummed.

I'm just disappointed I wasn't given the same opportunity at the season pack Android had.

Last edited:

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I paid for the entire Season 1 one purchase at a time. I even bought Black Hole, Ripley's Believe it Or Not, Theater Of Magic table pack after already owning Theater Of Magic. During Season 2 I waited a long time until the entire Season was available to purchase except for a couple of remaining tables. I bought Season 3 early on iOS so I could save a few bucks. I bet they will release another Season 3 pass towards the end of the season or at worst the end of the season.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't really mind giving FS a few extra dollars if it means more tables like season 3.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
you know what as deerty apple ios user ive never bkught a pass, and not because i pick and choose tables just that a few quid a month is nothing for the gamplay we get

if anyine of you young old poor or rich quibble over a tiny tiny minthly fee for such replay i pitty you

pinwiz45b directly hey kiddo your a huge fan surely monly you got five dollars?

to the "grownups" if you havent bkught it on platforms aviable by niw where you ever gonna

i feel for the consoles that dont but the rest of you of the ****ing soapbox i lost a check today for the price of a linball machine so like

wise up or feck off

My good friend, I need to disagree with you on this one. Especially when it comes to grownups and grownup budgets.

I've only purchased one table on Android for season 3 because I was waiting to be able to afford the season. For me of late, finding 5$ a month for the purpose of purchasing video games is not a trivial affair. I could afford one season pass but the other has been eluding me financially. It's now going to be more difficult to get the tables on mobile and this is one of the only video games I play.

My main complaint is with Apple dictating FarSight's sales policies. Our the case is that FarSight needs to eliminate the season pack to ensure sufficient revenue to continue being profitable. There is a degree of principle there.

I'm not going to start laying ultimatums on anything as I find that rather childish, however, I'm definitely going to express my disappointment in the decision as I feel it's a stupid one.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can the whole "the cost has gone up" dead horse just die already? The cost per pack hasn't changed. What has changed is the number of tables per pack. If you want to be pissed about the changes, at least be mad about the right thing *facepalm*

I don't see the need to argue the semantics on this. To say that the price per pinball table has gone up or the value per pack has gone down may be more accurate, but I think everyone understands what they mean when they say that the cost has gone up.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
you neverr wory supes

That all said, I still bought Black knight 2000 because I just Couldn't handle playing the score limited demo and I couldn't wait for the Steam release.

I'm pretty sure that Farsight has their reasons for this decision, but we will not ever likely know the real reason as their backpedaling on other statements puts some things under suspicion.

End of the day, I support their work but I won't hold back when something dissatisfies me like this, that just wouldn't be like me at all.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I have no problem paying full price for tables, but some of us are buying for multiple platforms and the season discounts really do help when it comes to that.

I wish they would let us know if the Season 2 PS4 pack is still set for release or if they are canning that too.
I own both the PS3 & PS4 and purchased season 2 after owning many of them already. I was planning on eventually moving them to the PS4 for an additional $15.

I'm not sure how much this will affect their sales, but I imagine a there will be more picking and choosing of future tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have no problem paying full price for tables, but some of us are buying for multiple platforms and the season discounts really do help when it comes to that.

I wish they would let us know if the Season 2 PS4 pack is still set for release or if they are canning that too.
I own both the PS3 & PS4 and purchased season 2 after owning many of them already. I was planning on eventually moving them to the PS4 for an additional $15.

I'm not sure how much this will affect their sales, but I imagine a there will be more picking and choosing of future tables.

I would think they will still offer season packs but only once all packs in the season have been released.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would think they will still offer season packs but only once all packs in the season have been released.

There should be. They said that part of the issue was offering future content and I do believe they mentioned the season pack would once again be available at the end of the season.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
At the end of the season?
Doesn´t make sense, because I don´t wont to wait so long. On the PS4 this should last 6 months or even longer.

P.S. I hate Apple

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
At the end of the season?
Doesn´t make sense, because I don´t wont to wait so long. On the PS4 this should last 6 months or even longer.

P.S. I hate Apple

Well the end of the season makes perfect sense. Each season is a collection so just like TV shows that become DVDs, comics become trade paperbacks, even video games and movies become DVD bundles. While I could potentially buy the statement that they are seeking consistency, a big part of me feels like they are correcting a big mis-step in their sales strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts