Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Farsight is probably figuring that most people that are still buying all of the new tables will feel like SYT, and just pay full price rather than wait. As annoying as it might be they're probably right, I know I won't wait that long to save a few bucks either.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
PS3 owner that has bought every pack so far.
Looked forward to finally being able to get a season pass and we're screwed because of Apple? At least give us a week to get it being that we are so far behind. That's messed up!
Quite upset I'm getting charged more because they are slow.
Want to make it equal? Give me the same chance to buy it Android users had.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
Dammit.

I'm a PS3 user. I bought all the season 1 tables as they came. I was doing the same for season 2 when the season pass got announced. Fortunately it worked out where I still saved a little money buying the pass, but I was really looking forward to buying season 3 pass from the beginning and getting full savings. There's no way I'm waiting until next March to finally get to play any season 3 on Playstation just to save a few, so this announcement sucks.

Same here, although I had the forethought to get season 3 on PC as the latency is lower than PS3, I moved on to PS4 where there is no word of cross-buy with PS Vita, and its way more fun on a 10" laptop/tablet screen than on PS Vita anyway.

Farsight is probably figuring that most people that are still buying all of the new tables will feel like SYT, and just pay full price rather than wait. As annoying as it might be they're probably right, I know I won't wait that long to save a few bucks either.

The problem with that logic is some people will NOT do that because they felt that Farsight pulled the rug from under them.

I was pretty upset when they released the season 2 pack after I had bought half of season 2 individually, but as above it was still not not a terrible deal. But now knowing for a FACT the tables will be cheaper later once they have all released, I would be tempted to wait which means Farsight lose money. If they had never done the season packs at all I would have been happy to carry on one table pack at a time, but to change things back now puts a sour taste in the mouth.

I also believe the PC version got delayed on Steam due to Farsight having to organise with Steam how the season packs would work. That is very frustrating if they then pull the pack, so the game was delayed for nothing.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I really hope that FS starts taking season pass payments directly to allow passes to be bought and to get a larger cut of the income. They just have to tag the farsighted of each user as paid and they will get unlocked tables as they are delivered via whatever content system.

RagingBull888

Sep 11, 2013
I think I will use a few pinball quotes to describe this move from Farsight:

"It pains me to have to hurt you. No, it doesn't."

"They took our pinball machines!"

"No class, human"

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
The problem with that logic is some people will NOT do that because they felt that Farsight pulled the rug from under them.

Yeah true, but let's be honest, what percentage of people will be upset enough to actually not buy at all? Its probably not going to be that many.

I was planning on buying the season 3 pass after having bought all previous packs individually. If I'm not given that option now I'm not going to be bothered much, I'll just continue buying individually like I did before.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
I'd purchased all tables on ps3/vita, and android... I was going to wait to buy anything Steam (my platform of choice) until they released the dx11 update... This announcement made me purchase the season 3 pack immediately. I assume I'm not the only one who did this. Still waiting to purchase the previous seasons until they release the promised-but-super-late dx11 update.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Bad move. Apple has too much power. They probably told Farsight to stop selling the Season packs on other platforms, because they fear apple users moving to other platforms.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Huh, at least as of now you can still buy Season Packs (all 3 of them) through Steam. I wanted to buy all 3 this way but hadn't yet. I think I'm already a little wary of how games are tied to my account, from what I can tell there are actually three different ways to buy a game, and there lies the inconsistency to me. This applies to Steam, mainly though maybe some of it is true for other platforms.

1.) You buy a table pack while in-game, without a Farsight login. I assume it's tied to your steamid, but doesn't actually appear as registered DLC in Steam.
2.) You buy a table pack while in-game, while logged in to Farsight. For this one, it is connected to your login e-mail, and it seems Farsight keeps their own database of who has what. If you log out of your Farsight login, you won't have access to your table anymore, thus it's not associated with your steamid.
3.) You buy a season pack through Steam - handled by steam, purchased through it's interface, and recognized as proper DLC, you don't need to be logged into farsight to have access to your tables.

I know this thread is about the season packs, but the pricing consistency remark really got me. Knock on wood, but what if Farsight goes out of business? Unless they do something different, people who bought tables under scenario #2 might be left out in the cold. #3 is the only acceptable answer, to let Steam handle all the DLC flagging directly. There shouldn't be separate databases at Farsight and at Valve. I would have bought a lot more single tables so far if they only had all the individual tables through Steam, my confidence in buying them in-app is not high. If you're gonna take away the season packs from Steam, please add the individual table DLC for sale to be handled by Valve.

It's one of the things that kept me from buying BK2K today, my favorite game. I played the demo, and it's great, but my only option to buy it w/ confidence (through the Steam interface) is going away, and I don't have the money for the Season 3 pack right now. I don't mind if they remove the Season Packs if they just add in the individual DLC.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Huh, at least as of now you can still buy Season Packs (all 3 of them) through Steam. I wanted to buy all 3 this way but hadn't yet. I think I'm already a little wary of how games are tied to my account, from what I can tell there are actually three different ways to buy a game, and there lies the inconsistency to me. This applies to Steam, mainly though maybe some of it is true for other platforms.

1.) You buy a table pack while in-game, without a Farsight login. I assume it's tied to your steamid, but doesn't actually appear as registered DLC in Steam.
2.) You buy a table pack while in-game, while logged in to Farsight. For this one, it is connected to your login e-mail, and it seems Farsight keeps their own database of who has what. If you log out of your Farsight login, you won't have access to your table anymore, thus it's not associated with your steamid.
3.) You buy a season pack through Steam - handled by steam, purchased through it's interface, and recognized as proper DLC, you don't need to be logged into farsight to have access to your tables.

I know this thread is about the season packs, but the pricing consistency remark really got me. Knock on wood, but what if Farsight goes out of business? Unless they do something different, people who bought tables under scenario #2 might be left out in the cold. #3 is the only acceptable answer, to let Steam handle all the DLC flagging directly. There shouldn't be separate databases at Farsight and at Valve. I would have bought a lot more single tables so far if they only had all the individual tables through Steam, my confidence in buying them in-app is not high. If you're gonna take away the season packs from Steam, please add the individual table DLC for sale to be handled by Valve.

It's one of the things that kept me from buying BK2K today, my favorite game. I played the demo, and it's great, but my only option to buy it w/ confidence (through the Steam interface) is going away, and I don't have the money for the Season 3 pack right now. I don't mind if they remove the Season Packs if they just add in the individual DLC.

Yes fellow PAFF fans, I just purchased Season 3 Pro Pack on Steam and am very happy. I'm was surprised after reading this thread that I was able to purchase season 3 Pro Pack in the Steam store early this morning. I'm glad that they did not take away this option to buy a season at a time than individual pro tables.

I have no worry that all the pinball machines made into tables will be available in season three of TPA. BK2K is the first table promised earlier this year. If I remember correctly, we still have Junk Yard and WHO Dunnit that will be released as part of tablepack 3. Also at 1:58 PST, I think I am able to purchase Season 3 on Android, I just can't spend the money to confirm that.

I'm sorry Apple is being a butt. Then again they think their excrement doesn't stink, but it does.

Luck, Laughter and Happiness.....MontanaFrank

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I don't get it.

I mean, Apple is selling season passes for TV shows right left and center, sometimes even before the first episode actually still has to air. But it doesn't apply for the games?

Weird.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
This is a ridiculous decision or it's a complete BS line to mask the real reason why they are pulling the season pass.

Quite frankly, this is one of the most disappointing things I've heard come from the studio, honestly, it makes no sense. If anything, the season packs make it more attractive to play on Android. Apple shouldn't have this much control over every other platform like this.

I'm pretty easygoing and patient with Farsight and the decisions they make but this is just daft.

its great to see, super, that you already has open one eye=)

we will be removing the Season Three Pass from all platforms to preserve consistency of purchasing options.
holy..they trying to "preserve consistency of purchasing options" via cutting of season passes, but nevermind about fact what mobile/console "options" have "little" bonus like TOURNAMENTS and now challenge modes and we at steam have NOTHING from that for same prices and now even without option to have some price cut for "advance" payment.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
This rotally sucks. PS4 users haven't even had a chance to play a Season 3 table let alone purchase the season. Is this over that flappy bird game that the creator took down? I hate Apple they remind of M$. Too much money.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'm still able to see the screen where you can purchase Season 3 ( Steam PC ) does it crap out once you buy it or something ? Portrait mode is a no go after this last update with BK2K on my machine, can't even launch PA from portrait mode now.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Perhaps FS saw an opportunity with iOS not allowing pre-purchases. I think many people who would shell out $30 for a season pass would also pay $50 if the product is worth it.

I wasn't going to buy the season pass anyway until all tables were out, which is what I wished I would have done with season 2.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah since when did FS give a flying **** about consistency!!??....if they had ever done then all platforms would have the same table packs available yet they dont!

Yet again proves that the companies own name is a hysterical pun....Farsight my arse how about ShortSight!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.