Season 3 PS4

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Trophies are a minor part of a game. For me, I'd even say very minor. Robbing yourself of the enjoyment of a great game because it doesn't have trophies is harsh.

RJB

May 1, 2013
FarSight may have dropped some opaque hints, but I don't remember them "all but promising" TAF. Supposedly, Raul Julia's estate may not allow for such an event.
Despite the fact that I'm not too big on trophies, I do think Sony should have made some concessions to allow more trophies. Similarly, I think FarSight should have limited trophies to Standard and Wizard goals instead of high scores-like Zen trimmed their medals from 3 to 2 for the PS4 version of Zen Pinball 2.

I remember differently I'm afraid, there were major hints towards Addams Family while they were doing the T2 Kickstarter as good as saying it was looking much more likely that it could be done and even saying things about any money leftover from the T2 Kickstarter would go towards it, there were many hints towards it as the Kickstarter was stuggling to meet it's target, it looks to me like it was just a load of bull to make sure T2 got the backing it needed, I'm sure I'm not alone in remembering al this.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Trophies are a minor part of a game. For me, I'd even say very minor. Robbing yourself of the enjoyment of a great game because it doesn't have trophies is harsh.

I know many will say trophies aren't everything but simple fact is many people do like them (myself included) and especially appreciated them in TPA, going for trophies when it come to getting all the wizard goals on each table was one of the main things that kept me going when I was struggling on different tables, the trophy at the end of all the hard work felt like a nice reward, without the trophies I simply don't enjoy the experience like I used to.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I do agree that Sony should allow concessions for certain games, such as TPA and ZP2, that are going to have continuous DLC for the upcoming years. Yes, not every gamer cares, but a lot do. Sony claims that the PS4 is a system made for gamers, and proclaim their love for indies, (yes, I'm aware it's mainly PR jargon) why place these limitations on both your customers and developers. I understand the limitations on most other games. Sure, you wouldn't want a game like Smurfs 2 to have a 1000 just to boost sales with "trophy hunters," But these pinball games are an exception, and should be treated as such. I also remember reading somewhere that MS was going to increase the achievement cap from 1,000 to 10,000 for XBLA games for the XBOX One in order to match retail release limits.

cnsllr

Jul 2, 2013
I'm getting a little POed with Farsight's pricing policy (or Sony's?). Not only do we get just 1 game per "pack" for the same price that we used to get 2, but there's no discount for crossbuy. I bought FT and BR for PS3 last month figuring there would be some discount applied to PS4 but noooo. I would also have assumed that season 3 would be available to pre-order at some discount. Buying each table individually adds up to $60 per season which I think is a bit much.

Last edited:

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014

I like the challenge to achieve all trophies. If there won't be any new trophies we can still have fun competing with friends in the highscore department. Oh wait...

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I remember differently I'm afraid, there were major hints towards Addams Family while they were doing the T2 Kickstarter as good as saying it was looking much more likely that it could be done and even saying things about any money leftover from the T2 Kickstarter would go towards it, there were many hints towards it as the Kickstarter was stuggling to meet it's target, it looks to me like it was just a load of bull to make sure T2 got the backing it needed, I'm sure I'm not alone in remembering al this.

I remember it that way as well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm getting a little POed with Farsight's pricing policy (or Sony's?). Not only do we get just 1 game per "pack" for the same price that we used to get 2, but there's no discount for crossbuy. I bought FT and BR for PS3 last month figuring there would be some discount applied to PS4 but noooo. I would also have assumed that season 3 would be available to pre-order at some discount. Buying each table individually adds up to $60 per season which I think is a bit much.

Then don't buy it. Your choice. FarSight hasn't found the golden goose in this game and now they're collecting the rewards. They're trying to find a price point that can support the number of people needed to work on the game plus the licenses, taxes, fees, the building they work in and all the other expenses of running a small business. If enough people stop buying the game at this price point then they'll have to move on to making games that aren't so precise and intricate that they can sell for less money per unit. Maybe in 10 or 20 years another company will come along foolish enough to try to make a go of creating virtual pinball machine recreations.

How do you guys know that they aren't still working on trying to acquire the licenses? Every time they reply to one of the Addams Family questions on facebook they say that they are still hopeful that the licensing can be worked out. Just because life's timetable doesn't fit your impatience doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

Last edited:

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014
Then don't buy it. Your choice. FarSight hasn't found the golden goose in this game and now they're collecting the rewards. They're trying to find a price point that can support the number of people needed to work on the game plus the licenses, taxes, fees, the building they work in and all the other expenses of running a small business. If enough people stop buying the game at this price point then they'll have to move on to making games that aren't so precise and intricate that they can sell for less money per unit. Maybe in 10 or 20 years another company will come along foolish enough to try to make a go of creating virtual pinball machine.

I also can't understand why people complain about the pricing. You don't even get two glasses of beer for the same amont of money. But FS is not a non profit organisation who is doing us a favor. You don't have to be foolish to create virtual pinball machines. If done right you can make good money with it.

Startyde

Nov 1, 2012

Then again, we don't even have a friend leaderboard. You can knock the trophy thing all you want, but people want a way to be competitive with one another.

Sometimes the game is not enough, it's the point of the game.

Hey, here's Golden Eye, but you can't play with anyone!
Hey, here's a Deck of cards, but you can only play solitaire!
Hey, here's a Lamborghini, but you can't show anybody!

Last edited:

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
How do you guys know that they aren't still working on trying to acquire the licenses? Every time they reply to one of the Addams Family questions on facebook they say that they are still hopeful that the licensing can be worked out. Just because life's timetable doesn't fit your impatience doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

Speaking for myself, I'm not being impatient, just agreeing with a statement regarding something FS has said in the past. The Addams Family comes to TPA or it doesn't, life goes on either way and I'll enjoy whatever pins we get. That said, it would be awesome :D.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
Store Update released, but no TPA DLC. Another Letdown. Business as usual with FS...

I thought the EU were to get the new tables and update today. Is this a FS error or a Sony one though; I'm sure that FS would want it to be available for us in the EU to buy as well. I'm not sure we should blame FS for everything.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

The Kickstarter is still there with all the posts and comments so you can search through all the content for anything the company posted that confirmed it was going to be created. I did a quick perusal of the comments with "Addams" in it and all comments were from posters and nothing from the company. The only official thing that came out during that time was a mention in a podcast that they were pursuing the Addams Family license. So other than that I'm not sure where the "many hints" were. But after that podcast it seems a lot of commenters on the Kickstarter took it as gospel the table was going to happen. There's quite a few comments with that sense of expectation.

It still may happen but there's a fine line between "pursuing" and its definitely going to happen.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I thought the EU were to get the new tables and update today. Is this a FS error or a Sony one though; I'm sure that FS would want it to be available for us in the EU to buy as well. I'm not sure we should blame FS for everything.

I don't think the EU was included when they mentioned the release date. I think we should blame FS for everything. I'm currently trying to pin WW2 on them, and their contribution to world hunger is unforgivable.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Found the quote that caused the Kickstarter confusion (for me at least):

If we can raise the remaining $59,000 we’ll be able to digitize Terminator 2: Judgment Day and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don't reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

The words 'including' and 'like to' are key here, without which it would have been as good as a promise that the leftover money would go towards TAF.

So my bad. I'm officially imperfect, which has come as a bit of a shock.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Found the quote that caused the confusion (for me at least):

If we can raise the remaining $59,000 we’ll be able to digitize Terminator 2: Judgment Day and preserve one of the greatest pinball tables of all time. If we don't reach our goal no credit cards will be charged, but if we raise more then the goal we’ll be able to digitize other licensed tables as well, including the next table we'd really like to pursue- Bally's incredible classic The Addams Family!

The words 'including' and 'like to' are key here, without which it would have been as good as a promise that the leftover money would go towards TAF.

And pursue. Pursue does not mean that catching is automatic.

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
I love FT and BR on the ps4 even more so than the ps3. At first I was a little upset that there were no trophies but I still kept playing it espicially have the room set to dark. As for the sound quality, I haven't really notice. Could you imagine High Speed on PS4!!! That will be awesome.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Found the quote that caused the Kickstarter confusion (for me at least):

I stand corrected.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts