Season 3 PS4

RJB

May 1, 2013
All of these issues aside from the sound are outside of Farsight's control, to be honest. Sony messed up the release times, Farsight are at Sony's whim for trophy support, and all of those tables need Kickstarters. Indiana is 99% definitely not coming due to it being a Disney licence.

But these are issues for separate threads :)

I would assume Farsight & Sony would have to get together to sort out the trophy support issue, surely Farsight must understand many of us (not all) miss having trophy support for each table, if Zen Studios can do it with all their tables then so could Farsight if they can be bothered to sort it out with Sony, surely?

I know all about the PS3 version reaching it's trophy limit etc. which is one thing, but, I thought all this was going to be sorted out for the PS4 version, so disappointing.:(

I know not everyone on these forums would agree, but I honestly feel trophies are a major loss to this game, and it feels like something that could easily be sorted out if a little effort was made.

As for those tables I mentioned, personally I'd love "The Simpsons" as my No.1 choice closely followed by The Addams Family, so if they can add either or both of these I'd gladly forget about Indiana Jones, seems ages ago since the T2 Kickstarter, I wonder when we will get the next Kickstarter anyway?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It does seem unfair that Sony aren't allowing FS to add trophies for the new content they create every month. It's additional challenges and deserves new trophies. But I don't pretend to know the reasons behind the scenes. Don't know if Sony will give much leeway on the matter.

Trophies are a tiny extra for me, though, so it doesn't bother me. I never understood why people are so attached to them.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
The tables aren't available in the UK, I keep getting an error message saying tables my not be on sale yet????

What am I doing wrong?

****edit**** my bad, had to search for them on the store, all is good now :)

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
what's going on with Season 2 and 3 DLC on PS4?

Just curious. It's June 19th, is there any announcement or time frame to work with? I thought more of Season 3 was due by now with Season 2 coming in the beginning of July, yet, silence...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I would assume Farsight & Sony would have to get together to sort out the trophy support issue, surely Farsight must understand many of us (not all) miss having trophy support for each table, if Zen Studios can do it with all their tables then so could Farsight if they can be bothered to sort it out with Sony, surely?

I know all about the PS3 version reaching it's trophy limit etc. which is one thing, but, I thought all this was going to be sorted out for the PS4 version, so disappointing.:(

I know not everyone on these forums would agree, but I honestly feel trophies are a major loss to this game, and it feels like something that could easily be sorted out if a little effort was made.

As for those tables I mentioned, personally I'd love "The Simpsons" as my No.1 choice closely followed by The Addams Family, so if they can add either or both of these I'd gladly forget about Indiana Jones, seems ages ago since the T2 Kickstarter, I wonder when we will get the next Kickstarter anyway?

Zen Pinball, IMO, got the trophies right by having four "across the board" trophies and two for each table. TPA (and I'm sure it's been said before) should have 86'd the "high score" trophy and focused solely on standard and wizard goal trophies. This obviously wouldn't cover all the tables, but at least more tables would have trophies.

Obviously, I have my opinions on limiting achievements (Steam doesn't), but some are concerned about inflation and the making of meaningless achievements.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Zen Pinball, IMO, got the trophies right by having four "across the board" trophies and two for each table. TPA (and I'm sure it's been said before) should have 86'd the "high score" trophy and focused solely on standard and wizard goal trophies. This obviously wouldn't cover all the tables, but at least more tables would have trophies.

Obviously, I have my opinions on limiting achievements (Steam doesn't), but some are concerned about inflation and the making of meaningless achievements.

This really is how they should have done the trophies.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Mark that`s what I read some months back.and you know with Farsight allow a couple of months extra.sometimes we just have to be patient.at least we have all tables on pc. :)

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
my ps4 had to be returned for a new console due to the usb ports not working, i have lost all my save game data, so i decided to cement my promise of completely being finished with this game in protest and haven't bothered to re download it. i'll occasionally browse this forum but my days as a tpa player have gone.
this product should've been the crown jewel in the line up but it was a poor port of an already bugged game. lies, contradictions and broken promises can only be ignored for so long.
I was burnt by the 360 goings on, the fiasco surrounding two kickstarter projects and not receiving my reward and the selling of dlc without trophies is inexcusable- argue about their merits in another thread please, are just the straws that broke this particular camel's back.
Ta ta for now,
Oz

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I maybe would not have worded things quite the way you have;) but, I do totally agree with your point, the PS4 version has been nothing more than a total let down, crappy sound, no new trophy support is quite pathetic, what on earth were Farsight thinking? so LAZY!!!! and delay after delay with tables, and still not even had Season Two released yet, dread to think how long before we see it in UK/EU anyway.

So what should have been the ultimate version of TPA is currently the worst of all due to the awful support, very disappointing (and frustrating) to say the least.:mad:
i totally agree. and guess what? Tables i'd bought on ps3 won't work either, it asks me to pay again, and they're also not even listed in my purchase history ! Ridiculous.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It's ok. One day, in the not too distant future, all tables will be out, the game will be patched, and everything will be just fine.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
yet no clear answer was ever provided from farsight despite them knowing the answer to questions asked months ago. i really am going now.

fsight2.jpg

Yeah, no date.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
You trawled through the rubbish on Facebook to find that. Well done you.
Why wasn't information like that made more public on their un (official) forum?
They've handled the ps4 situation appallingly and I'm not surprised I and probably more than a few others have ditched it.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Lol, most people read their facebook page, which is official.
this forum is not.

PS: I search for an answer before I ask a question here.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thats kind of a big f*ck you to people who supported them by buying the ps4 version :s

Unfortunately it's the only way FarSight can publish to the One and I guess it's too big of a slice of pie to give up. Good thing that Sony doesn't require a 30 day exclusive window to have the right to sell games in their store.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Thats kind of a big f*ck you to people who supported them by buying the ps4 version :s

Especially those who bought the PS4 version because of what happened to the 360 version.

I would ditch all console versions of TPA in favor of the PC version, but once the directX11 supported version hits, TPA on my computer will be obsolete. It's powerful enough to run TPA in current form (love that slowdown-NOT!), but not much more than that. TPA is the only decent Steam game my computer can handle. (It can't handle PFX, Ikaruga, MK, or SF4 very well).

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

Usually I'm very supportive of FarSight but I do kinda feel that way regarding this situation. MS is so desperate for people to purchase XB1's that they require FarSight to hold a year old part of their product back from being released on their competitor's box. WTF? I used to laugh about them doing it with new COD DLC but this is ridiculous. I guess that's why they call them Micro$oft. Lying scumbags. "The XBox One requires the Kinect to operate (sort of quote)". Oh, wait. No it doesn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.