Season 4 tables

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I think it's a safe bet that we will get the following tables this season. The getaway, safe cracker, the party zone, cyclone, earth shaker,road show, not sure but I think f-14 will be next season. Anyone?

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Does anyone remember what the issues are with getting Roadshow? They'd only have to negotiate with Carlene Carter...I can't see the license for that song and her dialogue costing very much. Of course, as much trouble as they had with Lloyd, maybe it IS a significant barrier...

danton

Feb 4, 2013
I think it's a safe bet that we will get the following tables this season. The getaway, safe cracker, the party zone, cyclone, earth shaker,road show, not sure but I think f-14 will be next season. Anyone?

I've actually already bought a season pass.

If we get this list I'll be very very happy.

Especially Getaway/Safe Cracker/Earthshaker/roadshow

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone remember what the issues are with getting Roadshow? They'd only have to negotiate with Carlene Carter...I can't see the license for that song and her dialogue costing very much. Of course, as much trouble as they had with Lloyd, maybe it IS a significant barrier...

As far as I know, there have never been any issues. They just haven't gotten around to making it yet.

I fully expect it this season.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I remember FarSight saying that there would be a marathon of Stern SAM tables when they got that system working. Could start as early as Season 5.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
As far as I know, there have never been any issues. They just haven't gotten around to making it yet.

I fully expect it this season.

There is a tendency for opinions on these forums to slowly moprh into "Farsight said" facts. I think this is one of them.

I remember FarSight saying that there would be a marathon of Stern SAM tables when they got that system working. Could start as early as Season 5.

Even with all the licenses attached? Don't think there's a single unlicensed SAM.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
-------------
I ask myself that also (a good deal)

The list of pins available to make is substantial. I think we'll start to get into lesser known table territory in the next couple years, but there's no shortage of tables to choose from. There are only so many Medieval Madnesses and Twilight Zones.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If you are talking unlicensed DMD pins. Then yes, those are getting scarce. But there are tons of other popular pins available. We only have around 50. FS will lose interest (or revenue steam) long before we run out of pins.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If you are talking unlicensed DMD pins. Then yes, those are getting scarce. But there are tons of other popular pins available. We only have around 50. FS will lose interest (or revenue steam) long before we run out of pins.

If they can get modern emulation and a way to deal with the attached licenses, they have even greater longevity as tables continue to be produced. Plus they haven't even touched Capcom which they also have rights to reproduce and alvin g which I am unsure if they can or not.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
F-14 Tomcat is a table you need to stand in front of in a darkened room to truly appreciate. It's like piloting a roller coaster. Pinball Wizard in Pelham, NH has one.

I'm dying to have it in TPA.

I have to say I think TPA's soft teddybear physics would have a hard time recapturing F-14's violent aggression and speed. Those kickers that should be wild and nasty will probably turn out to be easily controlled. And if they're not, then we'll be complaining about the unfair drain monster.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Even with all the licenses attached? Don't think there's a single unlicensed SAM.

Is it possible Stern had the foresight to cover digital conversions and remakes in the original deals for the licensing?

The TV industry learned from the same mistake, where they would license a song just for over the air broadcast, then years later found themselves in trouble in including the song in DVD sets. Now such deals include reproduction and repackaging rights too.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Didn't FS say it would be in season 5 ?

Hmm if they did then it may be so. I would to see F-14 Tomcat. As for season 4, so far it looks good. Phantom is actually a decent table even in the trial version. And it looks like Part Zone is the next one which looks ok too. I didn't care for Dr Dude but this one looks interesting. I think we will see earthshaker, High speed II, but who knows. I still have to catch up on season 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.