Shoot The Magic DRUNK

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Cirqus Voltaire: "I am the Ringmaster. Defeat me for the Ringmaster Marble!"

It's obviously "Don't move, same thing." :)

(I second netizen's motion to merge.)

Oh, god, both of these. I was gonna address that I hear them, but someone already said them. Welp.

Would non-TPA tables count? Because from time to time when I play Bad Cats and up my multiplier, I tend to hear, "Mmm, nice pussy."

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What does that gopher say at the start of the multiball in TO? Sounds like "Iiiiiit's emotion time!" to me.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Amazing what 5 seconds of Googling solves; "Don't move, stay in the ring!"
Google returns only this thread :). I had that often when looking for infos about tables.

For me it sounds like "Dont move, gimmeling!". :)

It's rather a question but what does the lady in TOM say when I hear "to-ken to-ken"?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Google returns only this thread :). I had that often when looking for infos about tables.

For me it sounds like "Dont move, gimmeling!". :)

It's rather a question but what does the lady in TOM say when I hear "to-ken to-ken"?

Hocus pocus?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
To me or always sounds like I being called a b***h on funhouse but I'm sure I'm mishearing that

Biff, I believe. But it sounds a lot like b***h and is pretty funny.

One thing I never understood, the table description says Rudy chooses a nickname for you each game, but I've only ever got Biff. Reason for that?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
All tables reset to known ROMs when they are reset... The known ROM for FH always has Rudy call you Biff.

I thought that was the reason. Don't know why Farsight thought to point out this feature if they didn't include it. Mind you, not something they've never done... *cough* strobe effects...

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
All tables reset to known ROMs when they are reset... The known ROM for FH always has Rudy call you Biff.

The ROM has Rudy call you Biff for the first game after being reset. If you finish a game and then play more games without exiting the table or quitting a game in progress, then Rudy will begin calling you other random names. But, yes the random number generator that picks which name Rudy calls you is seeded to the number associated with Biff when the ROM is initialized. (Note: It is POSSIBLE he'll call you Biff in subsequent games as that is one of the random names he chooses from.)

Last edited:
N

netizen

AFAIK Rudy uses the same name for each player in a multiplayer game. Yep, just check out the designers' comments:http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=966

each player gets a different name in multiplayer games

Each player who starts a game of Funhouse is given a name...like Chucky, Spunky, Bucko, and Slick. That name sticks for your player for each ball. It's not that obvious; I'm sure many people don't even notice that.

Originally, the idea was that each of those names was to have it's own 'personality' such that Rudy would use varying phrases for each person. But all that remains of this feature is that some of Rudy's phrases will have the player's name inserted in. Well almost. If the player receives the name "Slick" - which is only possible in a two or more player game - the semi-derisive phrases will be used.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The ROM has Rudy call you Biff for the first game after being reset. If you finish a game and then play more games without exiting the table or quitting a game in progress, then Rudy will begin calling you other random names. But, yes the random number generator that picks which name Rudy calls you is seeded to the number associated with Biff when the ROM is initialized. (Note: It is POSSIBLE he'll call you Biff in subsequent games as that is one of the random names he chooses from.)

There's just not enough hours in a day to do this though.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
each player gets a different name in multiplayer games

My brain was faster than I typed :) each player gets a different name, and Rudy uses the same name for each individual player (turn) again.

Sorry for the confusion...

N

netizen

My brain was faster than I typed :) each player gets a different name, and Rudy uses the same name for each individual player (turn) again.

Sorry for the confusion...

No worries. I sort of thought that's what you meant and something may have gotten lost in translation :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.