Starship Troopers Thread

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Reading through I'm going to have to go against the grain. For me this table is terrible.

But, looking at all the positive vibes here, I must be missing something so, I'll keep at it and see if it grows on me

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I agree with you mate, it's bobbins

On the iPad I can't use the mini flipper properly and games are just quick and unsatisfying. Plus they set the goals way too high again (5 billion for the 1000 points, seriously?)

I keep tilting and I don't know why. The gap between the flippers seems too wide. It just seems so mean and nasty, and not in a good way like STTNG.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
all 1000 HoF points are insanely high on last few tables. At least from perspecitve of those who play on tablets only.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I'm enjoying the difficultly on my ipad. The third button adds an interesting challenge.
Actually, once you get 4 ball multiball, its super easy to score big points.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Atleast we have the next table to look forward to now

Personally, I'm already looking ahead to next season. This year hasn't done much for me, it's basically a continuance of Season 3. I never thought I'd say that I wish we had some Gottliebs comin our way. I'm just really burned out on the Williams/Lawlor stuff.

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Personally, I'm already looking ahead to next season. This year hasn't done much for me, it's basically a continuance of Season 3. I never thought I'd say that I wish we had some Gottliebs comin our way. I'm just really burned out on the Williams/Lawlor stuff.

I agree with you in part.Hopefully Season 4 picks up from next table onwards.The first 4 this season have been pretty avaerage in my book.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I agree with you in part.Hopefully Season 4 picks up from next table onwards.The first 4 this season have been pretty avaerage in my book.

I'm ready for more tables like Xenon. I keep hoping we get Swords of Fury and F-14 Tomcat soon.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I like the table in general..but I think I'm pretty disappointed by the production quality of this one.
The sound is bad. I started watching some youtube videos of the table and camcorder recorded audio sounds better then the thin in game quality we got. (listen to the pappa video for example).

The action of the ball around the flippers seems off..I don't know..kinda light and bouncy.. trapping the ball seems almost impossible.
I've always thought the ball in TPA was abit light and thats why they make the flippers abit sticky..but this seems light and floaty without the magnetic surface on the flippers to compensate.

This one just feels rushed to me.. :(

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I agree with you mate, it's bobbins

On the iPad I can't use the mini flipper properly and games are just quick and unsatisfying. Plus they set the goals way too high again (5 billion for the 1000 points, seriously?)

I keep tilting and I don't know why. The gap between the flippers seems too wide. It just seems so mean and nasty, and not in a good way like STTNG.
----
Keeping tilting "far more than usual". Other than that, I love it 😀.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Has anyone on iOS achieved the standard goal "score a ramp skill shot"? When I hold the left flipper, it becomes very hard to actually plunge the ball. When I do get it to plunge, the ball does pass over the "U" magnet to the left flipper as intended, but then I'm quite certain I managed to hit a direct shot to the ramp once, without the table registering the standard goal.

And indeed, HOF points are hard(er) to come by these days. This wouldn't be a problem if this was only a skill thing on a hard table, I do have issues with only getting a 1000 HOF points if you have to play 4-5 hour rounds of pinball. In this game the big scoring come from stacked "nuke" rounds and getting multiple super nuke shots. If you stack upwards of planet five, the super nukes go for 120M a piece, and single nuke shots for 12M. As of today I see players getting to the 1B on the leaderboards, disregarding the obvious bogus 9.999.999.990 score on top. My best score is 289M, and that was without stacking a five planet nuke jackpot scenario. That's only slightly better than 2 Super Nuke Jackpots. So while I'm still getting a sense for how hard a 5B game would be, it is the highscoring rounds that could accelerate scoring in such a way that 5B is not that bad. Getting 10M on Genie, now that is hard!

Wehrwolf

Oct 25, 2012
Has anyone on iOS achieved the standard goal "score a ramp skill shot"? When I hold the left flipper, it becomes very hard to actually plunge the ball. When I do get it to plunge, the ball does pass over the "U" magnet to the left flipper as intended, but then I'm quite certain I managed to hit a direct shot to the ramp once, without the table registering the standard goal.
!

Don't hold the left flipper until just after you've plunged the ball.

What I'm having a problem with is the recon combo :/

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Where do you put your button Slam? I used to have mine at 25%, but found that it's way easier at 0% is way easier. also, having it there helps for gauging how for to pull the plunger. I pull it so that the little white spot on the nob is just barely touching the button. Let go, and imidiately touch and hold the left flipper. Even though the ball might be doing some funky stuff to get on the left flipper, you can usually keep it held. Leave a tiny bit of heat on it, and then hit the ramp. I've been practicing over and over, and can make it 1/5 times (ish). And sometimes when you miss, you can have another crack at it if you didn't hit any switches.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I don't get why the brain bug is only worth 1mil. Not even worth going for. Unless it's like collecting artifacts in STTNG, but I haven't made it to Klendarhu yet, so I dunno

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't get why the brain bug is only worth 1mil. Not even worth going for. Unless it's like collecting artifacts in STTNG, but I haven't made it to Klendarhu yet, so I dunno

It's worth 300K in bonus, which can be multiplied up to 10X for 3M. If you keep trying to get Recon Level 1 until you get Bonus Hold, and get 10X bonus every ball, I guess it's worth it? All very grindy though.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It's worth 300K in bonus, which can be multiplied up to 10X for 3M. If you keep trying to get Recon Level 1 until you get Bonus Hold, and get 10X bonus every ball, I guess it's worth it? All very grindy though.

Bonus can be huge if you're trying for Bonus Hold each ball. That being said, try to get more extra balls. This table is really brutal.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I was so mad when I hot 3 EBs, and it went into the 'missing ball' bug. So I had to restart the game. 1 from Live Fire, 1 was already lit in the outlane somehow, and 1 from recon lvl 6.

It's too bad you can't stack certain modes. When I activated Live Fire right after getting the hurry-up ramp jackpot mode I got all excited. And then realized that it didn't stack. :( those ground/air attack modes should be stackable with other multiball modes too IMO

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The brain bug is not worth the drain risk. this is intentional, and true to real life. the purpose of that big pop up thing is to end your ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.