Stern's next game...Wrestlemania

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Using the tone of Nate Shivers from C2C Pinball..."sooo, yeaaa."

Yup, shown at CES, Wrestlemania is Stern's next game. Supposed to be a John Trudeau design. The pics don't really showcase the playfield very well but it looks like there's a wrestling ring in the top center which reminds me of Gottlieb's classic 1950 Knock Out.

Otherwise...I couldn't care less. I'm a guy in his mid 30's that liked wrestling back in the 80's. When I was a kid. Cabinet and BG art look stock. If the gameplay ain't there...there's nothing for me in this title. Meh.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-stern-game-is-wrestlemania

Positive note is there's a strong rumor that Steve Ritchie's game in the fall is Game of Thrones.

Happy Face!

picture upload sites

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm with you. I followed it for a couple of years back in the mid-90s. Then I lost cable/satellite TV for a couple of years and never got back into it. But Steve Ritchie + GoT? How can that be wrong?

karl

May 10, 2012
That came out of the blue for me. Was not expecting another wrestling pinball (they did Royal rumble in the 90')

Not my cup of tea.

I am in the same boat. Really enjoyed it in the 80' when I was a teenager but zero interest now. The artwork on this one looks really tacky (but it goes with the theme, I guess)

Stern is probably hoping that this will be a location hit. Can't imagine much of a home user market for this one. They are not making it easy for John Trudeau to shine, giving him first Mustang and now this.

It could still be a fun machine, if done right but it will never find it's way into my home.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh, sure. Walking Dead isn't really a table to place in movie theaters and family arcades - maybe they're thinking it'll make it into bars that dropped pinball years ago? - but Wrestlemania is just the kind of table they need to go into locations to replace tables like Avengers, Iron Man, and so on that may be getting a bit long in the tooth.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The theme is a total zero for me. But I look forward to playing one. I enjoy many pins with themes I hate and hope this is another.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, not for me. But if nothing else, at least it looks like someone actully invest some time into this. I saw The Rolling Stones few days ago.......... terribly cheap looking machine.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
New system so wasn't there something about not having Sam game emulation until a new system was put into service? Maybe we can get more recent tables?

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'm a wrestling fan (kind of fell out of the WWE recently) so I'm looking forward to this and think it's great WW(E) has a new table. I enjoyed the Royal Rumble table. I'm not a fan of Walking Dead - the book, the show, definitely not the pinball table, so I hope this is an upgrade.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
New system so wasn't there something about not having Sam game emulation until a new system was put into service? Maybe we can get more recent tables?

The new system is called SPIKE, which basically contains only one board within the backbox.

15.jpg

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The ring mini-playfield is probably one of the more interesting design features they've done in a few years.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I loved wrestling as a kid, but now I personally don't know anyone who still watches it.

UFC would've been a much better theme as it seems much more popular than wrestling is these days, but it still only appears to a limited number of people, but I guess the same could be said for a lot of licensed pins. Either you like the movie/sport/whatever or you couldn't care less. That's why unlicensed pins were so nice back in the day: they appealed to a much wider audience.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I still watch wrestling and go to a live event or two every year. If I had the means, I would annually attend wrestlemania. So many great events, even interesting things for non wrestling fans to enjoy during the weekend.

The ring feature is pretty cool from what little I've seen. Definitely unique. Can't wait to see how the LCD is incorporated. I do feel like the table could have more to it but it still looks pretty entertaining.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I still watch wrestling and go to a live event or two every year. If I had the means, I would annually attend wrestlemania. So many great events, even interesting things for non wrestling fans to enjoy during the weekend.

The ring feature is pretty cool from what little I've seen. Definitely unique. Can't wait to see how the LCD is incorporated. I do feel like the table could have more to it but it still looks pretty entertaining.

I'm interested in the ruleset, and I'm usually not good enough to get through all the modes in a table. The ring is a very interesting setup. Hearing Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole, though...think I'll play this game with headphones.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm interested in the ruleset, and I'm usually not good enough to get through all the modes in a table. The ring is a very interesting setup. Hearing Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole, though...think I'll play this game with headphones.

That should be great. Although it needs Jim Ross instead of cole!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Where is the LCD located? Looks like a regular DMD on the backbox to me.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Where is the LCD located? Looks like a regular DMD on the backbox to me.

I think the LE is supposed to have some mini LCD mounted above the ring. Like a giant screen hanging from the rafters if you were in an arena. I think?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.