T2 Screens

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The skull in the iOS beta looks chrome after they updated it a couple weeks ago, so hopefully the console skull will get updated in a similar fashion.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
not mentioning color hue's, model wise from that the new screen shot i think this is the perfect t-800 head. The original looked like a silly monkey skull that was smiling. This one has that evil sinister feel that it needs. Honestly i think the new head in pinball arcade looks the slightest bit better than the real pinball part because it feels more like the movie head while being an almost exact clone of the pinball part.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The reason why it looks much better is because the VP table is pre-rendered, the word we are not allowed to use here anymore..

??

Anyways, it's not because the VP one is pre-rendered 2D. It's because they aren't adding pink lighting and purple wire-forms. Pinball Arcade could easily match and exceed the quality you see in that VP screenshot. However, Farsight chooses to use orange, pink, and purple lighting in their tables starting with Twilight Zone and Star Trek. Even though the newer screenshot with the improved skull has less pink, there is still quite a pinkish hue and the wireforms are 100% purple.

BTW that is by far the most impressive VP table I've ever seen. Most of them look like garbage. This one however approaches the quality of Pro Pinball's new pre-rendered engine.

The skull in the iOS beta looks chrome after they updated it a couple weeks ago, so hopefully the console skull will get updated in a similar fashion.

Thank goodness.

I'm not anticipating much with the PS3/360 version. If Twilight Zone and Star Trek are anything to go by, orange/pink/purple lighting is here to stay with the current gen consoles. By the same token, if Star Trek is anything to go by, the PS4 and it's de-pinkifying technology is the way to go.

Anyways the important thing is that the skull is fixed and looks great.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Relax people...this plus the good skull = happiness...i'm sure the consoles will have a better chrome plastic look:

dUrFllQ.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
Thanks for the picture Superballs, the skull looks much better. Still not 100% chrome, but way better than the grey-with-a-pink-blush console version!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Relax people...this plus the good skull = happiness...i'm sure the consoles will have a better chrome plastic look:

dUrFllQ.jpg

Good damn the complete lack of any sort of lighting in that picture!!!....tell me thats not what the final version looks like??

night

May 18, 2012
Good damn the complete lack of any sort of lighting in that picture!!!....tell me thats not what the final version looks like??

These where my exact same words when I first saw the screenshots of TZ.. Such an iconic table that costs such an amount of money, made with so little love for graphics.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
These where my exact same words when I first saw the screenshots of TZ.. Such an iconic table that costs such an amount of money, made with so little love for graphics.

There just no light source at all going on!!!, no shadows.......nothing

Hopefully the PC Beta version will get this table added once its released after Friday to see some better lighting

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts