T2 Screens

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I remember playing that at my cousin's house, even as a 12 year old I thought it was a bag of s***e back then!

That's cause 50Hz Mega Drive (or any 50Hz console) is horrible. Play NTSC versions in 60Hz and it's a fantastic game.

Relax people...this plus the good skull = happiness...i'm sure the consoles will have a better chrome plastic look:

dUrFllQ.jpg

The lack of pink and purple has me with a sigh of relief. Looks better. While I don't quite understand what's so hard or technically demanding about doing chrome, like say the ball itself or the wireforms in that screen shot, this is still a vast improvement thank goodness for Apple's De-pinkifying technology.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Im sure the Android is capable of more....but then it depends on what device you have i guess

Most Androids have trouble as it is maintaining 60Hz.

None of the iOS tables have any sort of lighting. It's to be expected, I'm just happy for 60fps and good image quality.

As for PC. I am disappointed with that version. It's basically identical to current gen console, but in 1080P. Attack from Mars still has no lighting effects during strobe multiball, but that's off topic.

night

May 18, 2012
Talking about beating a dead horse, I have been posting this since the dawn of time: frame rates and platform limitations aside, the reason why the mobile versions look flat is because there are no shadows. The shadows can be part of the table artwork graphics and does not need any extra resource power. (Look at what ASK Homework did with Zaccaria). The abscene of shadows is what makes these tables lack any dynamic and depth.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The lack of pink and purple has me with a sigh of relief. Looks better. While I don't quite understand what's so hard or technically demanding about doing chrome, like say the ball itself or the wireforms in that screen shot, this is still a vast improvement thank goodness for Apple's De-pinkifying technology.
The mobiles don't have the pink problem because they don't have dynamic lighting. (This is not saying that dynamic lighting causes pinkness. Obviously many games have HDR and are not pink. But whatever is causing FarSight's pink issue is in the HDR lighting somewhere. I'm hoping it's something simple like someone fat-fingered an RGB value.)

As for PC. I am disappointed with that version. It's basically identical to current gen console, but in 1080P. Attack from Mars still has no lighting effects during strobe multiball, but that's off topic.
It was stated numerous times that the PC version would look like the 360 at launch, and that the fancy lighting would be added later. Strobe Multiball will probably get its proper effect - or at least something closer - once the new lighting is in.

Talking about beating a dead horse, I have been posting this since the dawn of time: frame rates and platform limitations aside, the reason why the mobile versions look flat is because there are no shadows. The shadows can be part of the table artwork graphics and does not need any extra resource power. (Look at what ASK Homework did with Zaccaria). The abscene of shadows is what makes these tables lack any dynamic and depth.
When Timeshock! comes out, you are required to post a screenshot of you reaching the Dawn of Time and discovering a stone tablet asking where the table shadows are. :p

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

There are fake shadows on the board. They are subtle, but there.

I prefer mobile just cause it reminds me of Dreamcast graphics. I think it's purdy just the way it is.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Don't we usually get a gameplay video before a release? I don't think the table will drop till we see that.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Don't we usually get a gameplay video before a release? I don't think the table will drop till we see that.

Sometimes we get the gameplay video when the table is released.

Surely the iOS beta guys should know if it was submitted to the App Store...

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I think there's some sort of hidden clue in this famous line from t2:

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th."

I mean it's august now and that date is coming up really soon and that's kind of an epic alinement of a date for all the hardcore t2 film buff nerds to laugh about.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think there's some sort of hidden clue in this famous line from t2:

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th."

I mean it's august now and that date is coming up really soon and that's kind of an epic alinement of a date for all the hardcore t2 film buff nerds to laugh about.

That actually would be pretty awesome.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Now that T2 is out on iOS here's a screenshot showing the updated skull:

n5be.png

Why does this look so much better than the Kindle HD/Android screen?
The graphics just look blurry.. especially the AUTO-FIRE print. You can barely read it. :(

Here's an uncompressed screen shot:
T2-TPA_KindleFireHD.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts