T2 Screens

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Have they ever come out to explain why tables don't have shadows? Have they ever come out to explain why iPad2 users had to deal with serious stuttering issues? For many months, and to this day still present on some of their tables?

Well part of the lack of shadows and the opaque ramps and stuff like that is what I call the "lowest common denominator" factor. You on an iPad2 are part of the this. FS wants to make the tables work on as many platforms as possible, but they're not going to make versions of tables for versions of iOS. So while the iPad4 might be able to handle more things, it'd completely kill the iPad2. So a common ground is struck, where tables might be mostly playable for you, but the graphics aren't all they could be for the newer owners. Us PS3 owners are even affected by it, as there are certain decisions being made about options in the game purely based on what the mobile users can handle.

The same thing is going to happen with the PC release, as they are going to shoot for the widest install base possible. Implementing a version of TPA that uses Direct X 11 and can run even faster than a PS4 is possible, but instead it'll be Direct X 9 and on par with the PS3 since most people don't have souped up computers. As the GIF said, deal with it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Have they ever come out to explain why tables don't have shadows? Have they ever come out to explain why iPad2 users had to deal with serious stuttering issues? For many months, and to this day still present on some of their tables? Why they keep on releasing 2 tables a month without fixing serious bugs, or not updating their physics engine on the older tables? Graphic inconsistency?

1: yes, lack of power.
2: yes, ipad 2 is old
3: some older releases do have newer code. But not many. Reason: too many platforms, too small of a developer. And it's frustrating. They promised Cirqus Voiltaire fixes and Black Knight rom emulation ages ago. The fact that they couldn't deliver ANY kind of bug fixes during a slow ass month (two old 80's releases one of which is upscaled PS2 port), or this month (only one table: T2, so they should have time to get a good update, but I'm not holding my breath).
4: Graphic inconsistancy is because they are constantly updating the engine. Which is a good thing IMO. However, how hard can it be to go back to old tables and update them? I don't think it's laziness, I think it's bad priorities, and far, far, FAR too many platforms. Even huge developers like EA don't take on this many platforms. And the result is the quality of the game on the platforms that actually matter suffers for it.

It sucks and at this point I'd like them to take 2 months off from releasing DLC and just FIX THE TABLES THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR! I'm really at my wits end... I bought Black Knight 6 MONTHS AGO because I was promised rom emulation!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I wonder how close to this the PS4 version will look?

I still can't believe how great this table looks for a VP table.

I really like the skull from VP MUCH better.. I hope they reconsider fixing this before releasing.
T2_VP_TPA.png

Last edited:

sellenoff

FarSight Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
Not an FS employee, just someone doing contract work for them -- but I can't stand the pink issue anymore than you guys, and I've complained about it internally before anyone else was aware of it ( i.e, before Twilight Zone screenshots went public, which IRC is when the pink first appeared ). Unfortunately, I only speak with Mike, and much like myself he's a programmer, and doesn't do any of the art stuff, so he's never been able to say why it's like that. The art guys from what I can tell are extremely busy all the time, so it's tough to get any info from them, pink related or otherwise.

Snce FarSight employees are posting in here, would it be terribly bad for one of them to come out and at least defend their pink descision? They must have a good reason for it, or they wouldn't have it.

night

May 18, 2012

I wonder how close to this the PS4 version will look?

I still can't believe how great this table looks for a VP table.

I really like the skull from VP MUCH better.. I hope they reconsider fixing this before releasing.
T2_VP_TPA.png

The reason why it looks much better is because the VP table is pre-rendered, the word we are not allowed to use here anymore..

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I thought that the pinkish thing happens with image compression on facebook, or has there actually been any tables released with the pinkish glow?

Because to my knowledge that's how things seem to go: 1) Farsight releases images with pinky/orangy glow on facebook 2) Everyone complains 3) The tables are released on Android/iOS without any pink/orangy glow.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I thought that the pinkish thing happens with image compression on facebook, or has there actually been any tables released with the pinkish glow?

Because to my knowledge that's how things seem to go: 1) Farsight releases images with pinky/orangy glow on facebook 2) Everyone complains 3) The tables are released on Android/iOS without any pink/orangy glow.

I can't speak for other systems but the old TZ PC beta had the pink glow.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

The images FS posts on facebook are taken from xbox, not Android/iOS.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that video clips of live animals being punched in the face are not relevant to Terminator 2 or pink lighting...and probably not appropriate in general.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that video clips of live animals being punched in the face are not relevant to Terminator 2 or pink lighting...and probably not appropriate in general.

The vid clip is from the comedy movie "Me, Myself & Irene". Just stunt animatronic cow.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The images FS posts on facebook are taken from xbox, not Android/iOS.

Indeed, but as they haven't been released on Xbox we can't see if it's actually an Xbox issue or whether it's a Facebook compression issue.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well...considering Steve Ellenoff says he's seen pink lighting on internal builds, I'm going to assume that it's not a Facebook/Internet issue and that the lighting really is pink.

Members online

Members online