Table of the Week Club...week 2 : FIREPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
750,725 is my all time highest score and I've knocked out all wizards. Going to keep pounding on this one.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Awww man, I really wanted to wait until ROM emulation for this table of the week as to avoid the endless bonus bug :(

1,589,980 is my high and I have all the wizard goals, but I don't play the table that often because of this bug.
These pins were everywhere back in the day. Trying to start multiball was maddening.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Like Genie, Firepower is also a table I was very familiar with IRL in the pre-digital world. If this pattern continues, Big Shot and Central Park will be next.

All time high is 808k, my remaining wizard goal is the 50k Firepower bonus.

I play on an iPad, and updated the latest OS a few days ago only because I was tired of looking at the little red circle on the settings icon. I'm about to give FP a whirl to see if the issue described above is present. If so, I suppose there's no point in playing.

If not, I'm shooting for breaking a million and getting the remaining wizard goal.

Here goes...

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I'm having the same problem. very depressing.

What appears to be the problem is the 1-6 lights don't clear after a game. Think I'll pass this weeks game until this is fixed. My goals is to break 1.5 mill and I'm not going to play a guessing game to do that.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Well, it took me 4 games to see if the locks light up after hitting the 1-6 targets, and they did indeed.

In other news, not even close to a decent score.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Bought it for my tablet so I could join in a bit. Naturally the same game I cleared the Standard goals I hit all 5 Wizard goals too. Only registered 3 of 5 since. Grr.

I've had the infinite bonus bug ONCE, ever. So how is it "game-breaking" when in reality it occurs very infrequently?

A note on lighting the kickback: you have to spot 1-3 or 4-6 on the same ball. So if any are already spotted at the start of a ball you won't be able to light the kickback until all 6 targets have been spotted and cleared.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
Farsight confirmed over Facebook, that the season 2 tables for PS4 were removed due to contract obligations with the Season 2 disc release in Europe.
Season 2 will be available later this month.
Until the disc release, they can't sell the tables digitally on the SCEE PSN Store.
I don't own the Season 2, due this circumstances.
Sad, because I have to skip this time the table of the week.
By the way the idea of the table of the week is a great contribution, it keeps the old tables fresh and get's new and old players into it.
It's a good way to reinvolve with missed or skipped table goals.
I really liked Genie before, but my conclusion about Genie is that I understand the pin design much better now.
Besides that, thanks to the dear board members for tips how to beat Genie.
I would like to play Firepower and the Sorcerer again, owned it on xbox360 PHoF but sold it a year ago.

A little question to the mod: How is this idea received, better than expected?

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Whew. I found the old iPad 1 in the graveyard, jolted it back to life in the mad scientist's lab during an electrical storm, and Firepower walks again. Compared to the newer models, it feels like I'm hoisting an old living room TV set. Two games and my wrists are aching. But I'm going to invest in a small wheelbarrow so I can take it with me everywhere. My iPad Air 2 is horribly diminished without Firepower.

A day or so ago, I finally gave in and updated to IOS8 and then accidentally updated TPA — I hit the "update all" button without checking what I was updating. I've been trying to avoid Season 4 tables so that I can get the season pro pack price when they bundle it. I don't know which update, the TPA or iOS, did the damage. Two days ago things were fine.

Anyway. Firepower rules. First game, 300k. Second game, 1.2 mil. That's pretty much my pattern with FP, although I occasionally go much lower. My registered high is 1.7

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
So far my HS is 749,350
It snowing here over three feet from min-Wednesday then a little the tours and Friday. Each day ONKY up to 3" but that will Chang to give the weather geeks something to do. Won't get much time in with 18 driveways to clear constantly

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A little question to the mod: How is this idea received, better than expected?

I thought it might be adopted by a few people, but I did not expect the large group of players so quick. I'll be most curious to see the number of people that post scores for the upcoming tourney.

All I can say is, encourage others to join in. It's any platform, there is no commitment.

I encourage you guys to follow @BlahCade On Twitter as I am posting Table of the Week stuff there with links to the forum. If you have friends that don't frequent the forum but are interested in this sort of thing, it gives another option of finding out about it. I'll also be talking it up in the next BlahCade podcast.

If we have 20 people in the tourney, I'll be pleased. 40 would blow my mind. More than that, I might have to rethink how "little" this experiment is. On the other hand, if we get large numbers, that might gain the attention of a certain developer the BlahCade happens to be on speaking terms with!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Shutyertrap, loving the table of the week club thing, give new incentive and focus to revisit some oldies that don't get no love anymore! Have bettered my Genie score and now also my Firepower score went up a notch. Had to resuscitate my old iPad 2 for that though, so here is to hoping TPA wil fix those recent troubles. I'll be playing some more Firepower in the mean time.... :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Vikingerik recently wrote some good tips over in the game subforum. Basic redux:
1. Light kickback.
2. Work on bonus mult for an EB.
3. Light all the locks.
4. Start multiball.
5. Drain 1 ball.
6. Light a lock during multiball.
7. Lock a ball during multiball. A ball will be served to the plunger - leave it there!
8. Enjoy playing with an "insurance" ball in the plunger lane!

But let me fix that. It really goes more like this:
1. Light kickback.
2. Light kickback.
3. Light kickback.
4. Light kickback.
5. Light kickback.
6. Work on bonus mult for an EB.
[etc.]

The other tip I can give is to be extremely demanding and careful about how you shoot the 1-6 targets. Every one of them behaves differently. There are no generalizations about the left bank or right bank. And every starting point (catch, slow roll, fast roll) behaves differently. For example, from a catch on the right flipper to 6 is very safe, from a catch on the right flipper to 5 is deadly by left sling - right sling - left outlane. Be very diligent about figuring out what shots are safe and which yield bad rebounds, and isolate each of them for the particular target and flipper and starting point.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
The other tip I can give is to be extremely demanding and careful about how you shoot the 1-6 targets. Every one of them behaves differently. There are no generalizations about the left bank or right bank. And every starting point (catch, slow roll, fast roll) behaves differently. For example, from a catch on the right flipper to 6 is very safe, from a catch on the right flipper to 5 is deadly by left sling - right sling - left outlane. Be very diligent about figuring out what shots are safe and which yield bad rebounds, and isolate each of them for the particular target and flipper and starting point.

Yes. This is why I ignore them altogether and let them get hit by random bounces. Until there's only the one left so I can, well, light the kickback. I do wish they were drop targets instead tho', as they were originally designed.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Another note on the "insurance ball"..I can't be positive but the one time I encountered the endless bonus bug may have been triggered by the "insurance ball". I remember having a ball in the plunger during an epic ball where everything was lit up..5x, max bonus etc..I know I even completed the multiplier rollovers several times after doing the x5. So I think on drain it thought my ball was over and started counting down the bonus over and over and over until I had to turn off the console.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I actually found that working on the 1-3 or 4-6 targets to get the kickback lit helps my game last longer. So will definitely concur that it's a valid tactic!

Annoying if at the start of the ball say, 1 and 6 are lit meaning you have to spot 2-3 and 4-5, before being able to spot 1-3 or 4-6 to light the kickback. That is scary at times.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Seems every time I get the kickback lit, it's used up immediately. So annoyed, hs so far today is around 650k.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
I thought it might be adopted by a few people, but I did not expect the large group of players so quick. I'll be most curious to see the number of people that post scores for the upcoming tourney.

All I can say is, encourage others to join in. It's any platform, there is no commitment.

I encourage you guys to follow @BlahCade On Twitter as I am posting Table of the Week stuff there with links to the forum. If you have friends that don't frequent the forum but are interested in this sort of thing, it gives another option of finding out about it. I'll also be talking it up in the next BlahCade podcast.

If we have 20 people in the tourney, I'll be pleased. 40 would blow my mind. More than that, I might have to rethink how "little" this experiment is. On the other hand, if we get large numbers, that might gain the attention of a certain developer the BlahCade happens to be on speaking terms with!

Thanks for the fast reply, I hope many Members and new Lurkers will follow the table of the week club.
I would like to join again this week, but Season 2 is not out in Europe yet, the release will be end of january or early february (no exact date given).
Maybe I can be on board with the next table of the week.
Keep up the good work Shutyertrap!!! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online