Table of the Week Club...week 2 : FIREPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've completed all goals before, but I did a reinstall at some point and I'm at 3 standard goals right now.

This is a table I need a few games to get in a rhythm with.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I thought it might be adopted by a few people, but I did not expect the large group of players so quick. I'll be most curious to see the number of people that post scores for the upcoming tourney.

All I can say is, encourage others to join in. It's any platform, there is no commitment.

I encourage you guys to follow @BlahCade On Twitter as I am posting Table of the Week stuff there with links to the forum. If you have friends that don't frequent the forum but are interested in this sort of thing, it gives another option of finding out about it. I'll also be talking it up in the next BlahCade podcast.

If we have 20 people in the tourney, I'll be pleased. 40 would blow my mind. More than that, I might have to rethink how "little" this experiment is. On the other hand, if we get large numbers, that might gain the attention of a certain developer the BlahCade happens to be on speaking terms with!

It's a great idea! People here are clamoring for more than just playing for fun or in glitchy tournaments. The novelty of TPA has worn off, so to speak. It's time start engaging your audience!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's a great idea! People here are clamoring for more than just playing for fun or in glitchy tournaments. The novelty of TPA has worn off, so to speak. It's time start engaging your audience!

Should keep us busy for a little while 😬 And then after that...Zen tables!!

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Cool! Firepower up next :) I've got the goals and think I shot about 2.2M on it in the last tournament. I'll try to repeat or beat that as my goal!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Wow. I just heard a record scratch in my head after reading that.

Giving everyone a year and some change notice for them to warm up to the idea! Or not. Too far in the future for me so predict, but probably just start all over again.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
after trying a round on firepower, i remembered i'd been getting just a-little better on this one over time... but not as much as bk2k, which kind of blows my mind! fp is its own tough one too; good choice for a revisit... do the ones -no- one really enjoys first lol!! ;0

as far as zen lately, i have to mention i think their south park 'super sweet' table (the main one) is pretty insidiously addictive fun - and 'butters' is the same, but deviously more difficult and frustrating! wwwwaayyy too short on the event timers! the targets rampages are pretty difficult to reliably hit too, so it seems infinitely harder than 'super sweet'... but that got me into a round of revisiting what i have of them; yeah they're fun... just kind of a dividing line i guess between those of us who -know- what they should feel like, instead of some kinda insane 'pinball teleportation' feature or something, to say the least! (i guess if the pinball actually felt like a pinball - and the majority of the tables made satisfying play-sense, i wouldn't care otherwise!) but the southpark table pack was a pleasure; perhaps the best set they have right now, imho!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
If the next table is Big Shot, you'll hear this one more time.
Those tables hate me.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just have the 50,000 goal left and it's driving me crazy. Anyone know a sure fire way of hitting the bottom right 'power' target?

And I'll just say even if Big Shot gets picked by my randomizer next week, it will mysteriously proceed to pick another table!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Also, we would never know.

I honestly looked into building a 'money wheel' or 'wheel of fortune' that I could put all the names on and spin in a live stream for everyone to watch.

Then I remembered nobody would really care.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Whew! Just had "that" game. Not only did I finish off the final wizard goal of getting the 50k bonus, but I also scored 1.56 million. That's the first time I've ever turned the score over on this table.

I did kinda figure out a method for hitting the lower right target. With the left flipper, aim for the number 5 and 6 target. Not sure if it's a hit inbetween the two that does it, or just happenstance from either of the two, but if you are lucky the ball will ricochet off the top of the right slingshot and do a bounce into that impossible to aim for target. I actually managed to do it twice in a row and thought I was on to something, only for it to fail the next 10 times. Good news is, none of those misses resulted in a drain, so it's worth the try.

This is such a weirdly inconsistent table, in that I've had some games where I launch 3 house balls in a row, and others where the outlanes are never an issue. Not quite as many house balls as Genie, but still. I do feel good about aiming on the table now though. I can hit the spinner 9 times out of 10 now. The right ball capture is no longer pure luck for me, but maybe 50/50.

Really wish my machine was playable now. I feel motivated to remedy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.