Table of the Week Club...week 2 : FIREPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Whew! Just had "that" game. Not only did I finish off the final wizard goal of getting the 50k bonus, but I also scored 1.56 million. That's the first time I've ever turned the score over on this table.

I did kinda figure out a method for hitting the lower right target. With the left flipper, aim for the number 5 and 6 target. Not sure if it's a hit inbetween the two that does it, or just happenstance from either of the two, but if you are lucky the ball will ricochet off the top of the right slingshot and do a bounce into that impossible to aim for target. I actually managed to do it twice in a row and thought I was on to something, only for it to fail the next 10 times. Good news is, none of those misses resulted in a drain, so it's worth the try.

This is such a weirdly inconsistent table, in that I've had some games where I launch 3 house balls in a row, and others where the outlanes are never an issue. Not quite as many house balls as Genie, but still. I do feel good about aiming on the table now though. I can hit the spinner 9 times out of 10 now. The right ball capture is no longer pure luck for me, but maybe 50/50.

Really wish my machine was playable now. I feel motivated to remedy that.

Nice one about that lower right target, have tried it and it works for me. I think it's more of a hit to the right side of the 6 then hitting between 5 and 6 (which more often gives both targets and return to the right flipper for either a cradle or deadpass to the left). When shot correctly it indeed gives a ricochet of the top of the right slingshot towards either the middle or lower target. Both are welcome, could even be a more safe way of getting a lit extra ball. And most often you can control the ball easy afterwards with a right flipper cradle. Even with the 50k target goal achieved it's very nice to have a dependable method of getting the target to 50k, because that's no chump change on this table. When I lit the kickback and am aiming for the f-i-r-e rollovers to progress the bonus to 5x and extra ball, I shoot the (preferably lit) spinner from the right flipper and I was backhanding the spinner lane from the left flipper. Now I've tried changing that to aim straight from the left flipper to the "r" roll-over, just between the two 1-2-3 and 4-5-6 banks. With an easier way to light the 50k, missed shots to the left give a chance for 50k instead of the rollover.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Top #5 Pet Peeves for Firepower that I have to get off my chest after my umphteenth game

#1 After a lot of hard work and precision shooting having kickback lit, getting bonus up to 5x and extra ball lit......drain through the right outlane!
#2 Nudging to avoid the left outlane and.....actually seemingly facilitating and speeding up that said drain!
#3 Changing the f-i-r-e rollovers at the top of the table like crazy to keep up with the ball bumping up and down, only to have the ball bounce through already lit ones.....multiple times!
#4 Starting MB and losing all three balls.....at the same time!
#5 The trepidation of starting another game of Firepower and knowing that it will mess you up....good!

Any additions fellow Firepower victims?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Anyone know a sure fire way of hitting the bottom right 'power' target?

It's impossible from a catch on the left flipper. I have some success with a rolling shot at moderate speed from the tip of the flipper, but it's not very reliable. I'll have to try that method of rebounding from somewhere near 5 and 6.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have also played around with:
* a cradled or rolling alley pass from left to right flipper lane, and a timely nudge to hit the power targets. Couldn't get it to work properly after doing it by accident once
* doing a ricochet from a right flipper shot off the left slingshot towards the power targets, result: some hits but almost always a right outlane drain and/or uncontrollable ball

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Top #5 Pet Peeves for Firepower that I have to get off my chest after my umphteenth game

#1 After a lot of hard work and precision shooting having kickback lit, getting bonus up to 5x and extra ball lit......drain through the right outlane!
#2 Nudging to avoid the left outlane and.....actually seemingly facilitating and speeding up that said drain!
#3 Changing the f-i-r-e rollovers at the top of the table like crazy to keep up with the ball bumping up and down, only to have the ball bounce through already lit ones.....multiple times!
#4 Starting MB and losing all three balls.....at the same time!
#5 The trepidation of starting another game of Firepower and knowing that it will mess you up....good!

Any additions fellow Firepower victims?
If it were easy we wouldn't be playing it. Don't you just love the fustration?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Frustration makes eventual succes more sweet indeed, it's all meant in good fun though! You should see the smile on my face when a table does something especially evil to me.... :)

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
wizard goals complete...only a high of 1,190,330 though which is disappointing as my high on williams phof is over 4 million...it's definitely more unpredictable in tpa...d.m.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
This is one of those "just one more game" tables for me. It seems like most times I get:
a0b011f637bdc42b5e3a2b33a17b695e.jpg

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'd love to have Big Shot as the next table!
Firepower was kicking my ass real good yesterday, so I fired up Genie again today. I know that week is over but I was on a ski trip for 4 of the days and just knew I could score better. Second game - 6.6M :D whew that felt good! Now I can put a cork in that bottle and move on to Firepower.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
There is a good reason why Gus is number 20 on Invitro's leaderboard :)
Great score man! I'm still eyeing that elusive 3M and you just more than doubled that....great for motivation....not! ��

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
1.3 on Firepower this morning, and I totally fumbled away the last two balls. One plunged and straight from the bumpers to the right outlane, and one bad shot aimed for the left lock ended a thrilling session bitterly. It could've been so much better! Pretty happy with that anyway.

Mr. Trap! Maybe consider leaving past table of the week threads open for a bit longer than their live time. Stragglers and those of us who develop a lingering habit for a table might want to complain or boast after the big crowd moves on. Surprisingly I'm still playing Genie, and though improvement still eludes me, what if I manage 2 or 3 mil? Nobody here will care.

6.6? Yeah, you can go into any thread and throw that down and the gasps will be audible, but there are those who might need an outlet for a more humble accomplishment.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks guys!
Sorry about mentioning last week's table, but I got worked up and couldn't stop myself when that thread was locked ;)
Firepower is really stomping me though...
Slam23 - The top center target (the one in the middle of the bumpers) only scores 1k. You get the 10/30/50k score for completing FIRE + POWER. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I know I had it wrong before someone explained it to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Mr. Trap! Maybe consider leaving past table of the week threads open for a bit longer than their live time. Stragglers and those of us who develop a lingering habit for a table might want to complain or boast after the big crowd moves on. Surprisingly I'm still playing Genie, and though improvement still eludes me, what if I manage 2 or 3 mil? Nobody here will care.

Tell ya what...I'll leave the previous week's thread open. So next week this thread and whatever the next table is thread will be live, so on and so forth. Was trying to hyper focus everyone on current table, but you make a valid point, especially for those who don't own the current table but did the previous.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
It doesn't seem to be possible to do the multiball/lock trick to save a ball in the plunger on iPad, the ball gets plunged automatically when engaging the flippers.
The strategy to prioritize lighting kickback and then go for spinner/bonus x and extra ball seems solid. Once I figured out how to post pass from left to right flipper the table feels like it's all about grinding that spinner :/ Is there an objective during multiball at all? I'm not even sure it's insurance balls as they drain so quickly.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
H
Thanks guys!
Sorry about mentioning last week's table, but I got worked up and couldn't stop myself when that thread was locked ;)
Firepower is really stomping me though...
Slam23 - The top center target (the one in the middle of the bumpers) only scores 1k. You get the 10/30/50k score for completing FIRE + POWER. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I know I had it wrong before someone explained it to me.

Thanks for pointing that out...bummer. Maybe you can explain something else that puzzles me. Two times in countless games I heard the table say "mission accomplished" and I'm fairly sure that this was both times after a lengthy, multistage MB (i.e., losing balls and locking again). One of the those times I also saw my "shoot again" light go on, right after that message. And I'm sure this was not because of the 400k extra ball or after 5x bonus. Could there be a secret end stage to the MB phase? Haven't found anything in TPA's instructions but they can be incomplete I have noticed on some tables. Did a search on internet for rule sheets but couldn't find anything in them to explain what I heard. Then again, I may be hearing/seeing things after so many games of Firepower....

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Thanks guys!
Sorry about mentioning last week's table, but I got worked up and couldn't stop myself when that thread was locked ;) .

Don't be sorry! I hope I didn't come across as rude, I wasn't trying to send bad vibes. You're my hero! And if I got 6mil on Genie I'd make a point of mentioning it in every thread I posted in. Heck, I'd Tweet, Facebook, and print out flyers and put them under windshield wipers on all the cars in the parking lot at the mall.

Not likely to happen, but I would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.