Table of the Week Club...week 2 : FIREPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just curious about how you guys are even able to play FP after it's been broken. Obviously it wasnt for all platforms/devices, but I'd love to join in. Seems pointless to even play it, but for the hell of it, I might just see what I can work up. Just seems like a waste of time. Who am I kidding? I've got nothing but time!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Just seems like a waste of time. Who am I kidding? I've got nothing but time!

file.php

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Not a reach-around to myself. Alright, I'll play more firepower by myself, and broken (ish)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I'm using IOS. iPhone 5s. And it's a little bit confusing as to why SST would mess up FP. But either way, at least I was playing FP a lot, during the genie table of the week. I don't expect a fix. As much as I don't expect emulation on such tables. Just gonna have to sit this one out. But like I said, Last week I've gotten my time in on FP

P.S. - does your randomizer have a brain? A brain for bugs? If so, you might not want to give that randomizer any more information. Just kidding for serious

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
When I hear people say 'broken', I just take it with a grain of salt. Even if I notice the bug myself. But this time, with the release of SST (which I love by the way). It seems like it's *****ed up a bunch of tables. This is a huge issue. Can you imagine any newcomer that might want to buy FP on IOS, and are like 'well this is what FS is like? They just make a shadow of what the real table used to be'. Either way, you could see how this would turn people off from FS. What they need to do is figure out why the update for SST has messed up other tables. And then FIX it. Before TAF. It's not the only bug on IOS. And I realise they can't fix them all. But I've heard it said many times after a release, 'we have these issues that would be reasonably easy to fix in the next update'. That doesn't happen. And that's why we're left with BK as it is. If they actually took note of the bugs that have gotten through. (Maybe they don't know), but if they took care of it right away, they wouldn't have to worry about all these old tables with bugs. So, with this last update, it's not just the fact that all of the tables with buttons are messed up (iOS?), well there's the mysterious missing ball that will end your game on SST. Countless other bugs. Jus sayin. Sorry for saying all that in this thread, but it really does make FP pointless for anyone using IOS to play.,sorry

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Keeping in mind... They have fixed things with an update in the past. My problem is, I could see this not getting fixed this time around. Before TAF especially. Why fix Firepower when TAF needs to be perfect? This is how you dig yourself in a hole. And I'm all for FS taking more time to get things right. But for right now, it's easy to see that certain tables are unplayable on IOS. Please fix that first, and then move on to making TAF, no matter how many people complain about how late it is

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Sorry for the multiple posts, but for as long as we've been waiting for TAF, we can wait a little longer if it's for a good reason, like fixing these tables that have become junk. And I'm done now, sorry

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm with you Extork on this one, and I will mention again that Phantom of the Opera is also still a broken table. There are still multiple rollover score issues, and some older tables still have gamebreaking (camera/plunger) bugs. Farsight has to know about them because of all the extensive bug threads. I have a lot of patience usually and could understand that with all the new consoles that focus was there. Iwould like to see iOS get some love now though.
I could join in on the Firepower bonanza because it still works on my old iPad 2 (with latest iOS and latest TPA version). It's still broken on my iPad Air 2.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Thank you Slam. We always seem to be on the same page. I accidentally went off on a rant, and this should really be about Firepower. I'll get back to you guys once it's fixed. Even if it's like it was before, even then it needed to get fixed. I'll catch you all later

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, let's keep this from becoming a diatribe thread. Plenty of other threads for that here on the forum. That is to say, if you want to discuss exactly what is going on with Firepower on iOS 8, okay. When the the talk starts going into bug fixing of other games and what broke what, take it to where it belongs.

Hyper focus on the game at hand. Thanks guys.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hyper focus would be a cool name for a band. Ok, so when I play FP, I try not to drain :p

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
My hi score is 276990 but I did score a lot better in a tournament. On PS3 the tournament scores don't count.
Anyone else noticed the top two scores on the leader board? Some players them��

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
647k on ball 1. And my best is still 694k. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yeah, let's keep this from becoming a diatribe thread. Plenty of other threads for that here on the forum. That is to say, if you want to discuss exactly what is going on with Firepower on iOS 8, okay. When the the talk starts going into bug fixing of other games and what broke what, take it to where it belongs.

Hyper focus on the game at hand. Thanks guys.

Agree. However, any thread open long enough....

Hey everyone, I had 1000 point ball! Hate and love this table.

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
Finally got the inlane goal. Still need the 5x goal and score at least 550k. So far my top score has been 217,390. I think this game's a little more a pain than Genie

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Finally got the inlane goal. Still need the 5x goal and score at least 550k. So far my top score has been 217,390. I think this game's a little more a pain than Genie

You know what makes zero sense about the goals on this table? The 550K standard goal and the Extra Ball wizard goal.

The game gives you an Extra Ball at 425K (or thereabouts). So you can quite easily score one of the wizard goals with a score less than that required to complete the standard goals. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.