Table Pack #16 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
One thing you guys might have missed out on.

Farsight are still thinking of releasing Pinball: Hall of Fame for the 3DS but with tables that aren't emulated.

The way I see it, they have set aside a certain amount of tables that they will be using on the 3DS version, but rather than create a seperate batch of tables exclusively for the DS version, they've used TPA table stripping method on those tables so they can be played on the core game too.

That could explain why Black Hole, Gorgar, Black Knight, Genie etc. have been scripted even though emulation apparently exists for them.

Farsight might be trying to build a small collection of say, 12 non-emulated tables to stick on a 3DS cart so that people with a 3DS can get their game, with the intention of emulating the emulatable (if that's a word) games at a later point so that they can release more pro tables for the emulated ones.

This explains the huge Gottlieb poll and the sudden burst of Gottlieb:HOF tables in TPA.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Farsight might be trying to build a small collection of say, 12 non-emulated tables to stick on a 3DS cart so that people with a 3DS can get their game, with the intention of emulating the emulatable (if that's a word) games at a later point so that they can release more pro tables for the emulated ones.

This explains the huge Gottlieb poll and the sudden burst of Gottlieb:HOF tables in TPA.

Which huge Gottlieb poll? The unofficial one on this forum?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I’m “Tee’d Off” and “Goin’ Nuts” because I’m probably not going to get the other table I want with F2K. FarSight is getting pretty squirrely with their clues. They don’t know their gopher’s hole from a squirrel’s nut, so I don’t know what to think about next month’s tablepack; except, I had a heck of a good time making up this tongue-in-cheek post using this month's tablepack clues. :p

Cheers and a Happy Weekend to All - No malice to FarSight, just makin' some fun.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
If you flip-flop the Champion Pub and Central Park images, then you got a "ryme". Most likely Farsight accidentally flip-flopped the images when they made that icon.

Firepower and Dr Dude = Table Pack 11
Central Park and Cactus Canyon = Table Pack 12
White Water and Space Shuttle = Table Pack 13
Pin*Bot and Centaur = Table Pack 14
The Champion Pub and Whirlwind = Table Pack 15

Ooh. That's a very good point.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
I think it's Goin' Nuts in the next pack. They probably just couldn't find a promo image of it, so they used an image from the next pack instead. They have to know the difference between a gopher and a squirrel.

This is my favorite kind of pack: I haven't played either table and I have no idea what to expect.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Who cares if Mark buys this pack or any future packs. His loss.

Goin Nuts makes the whole collection crappier by existing. It's supposed to be 50+ of the all time great and historic pinballs. There is nothing great or historic about Goin Nuts. It makes history as probably one of the worst post-flipper pinballs ever concieved. They cut production for a reason.... Being historic for being so bad they basically pulled the plug at the last minute and 10 were made does not make for something worthwhile in this otherwise incredible pinball collection so far...

When I think Pinball Arcade I think quality not curiosity. Curiosities like Goin Nuts and Orbiter 1 do not belong in this collection.

I think it's Goin' Nuts in the next pack. They probably just couldn't find a promo image of it, so they used an image from the next pack instead. They have to know the difference between a gopher and a squirrel.

This is my favorite kind of pack: I haven't played either table and I have no idea what to expect.

I'm still holding out hope. Maybe giving out blatant Goin Nuts clues was an attempt to troll us all along. Get us all bummed out, thinking it'll be Goin Nuts. Then when it's revealed that it's in fact Tee'd Off, we all get super pumped and rejoice in happiness. Well played, Farsight, well played (crosses fingers).

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
It's supposed to be 50+ of the all time great...

Where on earth did you get that idea? I think I speak for most that Harley Davidson would not be part of that 50+ all time great (though I do like the table).

If anything, Goin' Nuts have its right to be part of the collection, and (sigh) so does Orbiter 1 though I think that is not going to happen because of its 'curiosity'.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Goin Nuts makes the whole collection crappier by existing. It's supposed to be 50+ of the all time great and historic pinballs. There is nothing great or historic about Goin Nuts. It makes history as probably one of the worst post-flipper pinballs ever concieved. They cut production for a reason.... Being historic for being so bad they basically pulled the plug at the last minute and 10 were made does not make for something worthwhile in this otherwise incredible pinball collection so far...

When I think Pinball Arcade I think quality not curiosity. Curiosities like Goin Nuts and Orbiter 1 do not belong in this collection.

I'm still holding out hope. Maybe giving out blatant Goin Nuts clues was an attempt to troll us all along. Get us all bummed out, thinking it'll be Goin Nuts. Then when it's revealed that it's in fact Tee'd Off, we all get super pumped and rejoice in happiness. Well played, Farsight, well played (crosses fingers).
Sorry, but IMO The Pinball Arcade is more than just a video game. It's about preserving pinball for future generations as well. If a prototype game or two is included within TPA, that is fine by my book. I didn't get the opportunity to play Goin' Nuts because I had the original Gottlieb collection on Game Cube, not Wii. There's also been a general lack of Gottlieb tables on TPA, and now hopefully with the emulation issues fixed, there will be more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Farsight already have the rights to all the PBHOF tables? If so, it should be easy to port them over. Again, production numbers isn't a factor if the get a loner from the Pinball museum. Farsight is good friends with the Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame.

I'm also glad I picked Ouya as a TPA platform so I can get tables on day one and play on the big screen with a traditional controller. PS3 controllers kick butt with their super low latency, although you cannot navigate the Operator's menu or extra ball options without a touchpad.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
After reading this article, I actually think it'd be cool as heck to see an Orbiter 1 table in TPA.

Have you played one? My now long gone arcade used to have one. I popped 50 cents in it to try it once. It's...interesting but really nothing more than a novelty. The ball is rolling all over the place and you really don't fell like you have any control over it. It's not the kind of table to hold the average person's interest for very long. That's why it sold poorly.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Have you played one? My now long gone arcade used to have one. I popped 50 cents in it to try it once. It's...interesting but really nothing more than a novelty. The ball is rolling all over the place and you really don't fell like you have any control over it. It's not the kind of table to hold the average person's interest for very long. That's why it sold poorly.

It's also, and I can't stress this enough, NOT fun.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Harley Davidson is a decent table. One of the best ever, no, but it's a worthy board. It's a lot of fun, and it's based on an iconic license. Pinball started as an American past time and I can't think of a more American brand than Harley Davidson.

I like the table a lot. Goin Nuts is nowhere near the same league as Harley and yes Harley is the weakest table on the Arcade but that is saying something when even the weakest board is decent. Let's not screw that up, eh?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
What a surprise. Pack 16 is Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts.

Well now that it's official, official I wonder what's going to be paired with Tee'd Off. I hope they don't do a double re-release pack. I would like to see Sorcerer though, as long as they make the lock ramp difficult.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well now that it's official, official I wonder what's going to be paired with Tee'd Off. I hope they don't do a double re-release pack. I would like to see Sorcerer though, as long as they make the lock ramp difficult.

Maybe another sports themed table, such as Cue Ball Wizard, 8-Ball Deluxe, or Sharkey's Shootout. (Honestly, I'd rather see CBW paired with Sharkey's.)

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Kind of glad it is Goin' Nuts. Now I won't have to play the overly pixellated mess that is the PHOF: Gottelib Edition. :p

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
We already have a good idea what #17 will be, so lets open the #18 thread too, which will just be 43 pages of whether the Terminator Kickstarter will get funder :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts