Table Pack #17 - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
C'mon, peeps, it's absolutely not T2. There was a lot of doubt that T2 would even get funded. Most people thought it was bad timing and shouldn't have been prioritized before TAF or IJ (FarSight did it because the license would soon be unavailable), and there's no way FarSight could have sunk massive resources into working on it ahead of time with no guarantee of its success. And if they're just starting to work on it, it wouldn't be possible to complete a premium table and beta test it in only five weeks.

The hint clearly points to a September release for T2, almost as if it's just confirmation of what we already assumed.

Evel Knievel = motorcycle, similar clothing though more colorful, "pretty famous", non-DMD

Tee'd Off = already "leaked" on PSN, PHoF table, DMD

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Seems pretty clear to me that T2 is the table for next month. They didn't even mention a second table so it would make sense. Like others have said, I read the "pairing" comment as talking about Centaur as the free table of the month and T2.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
The list is your friend...

PinballArcadeWishlist07242013_zpsd11e2e51.jpg

Tee'd Off didn't get mentioned because we already expect it, which I'm sure the PSN thing didn't give FS the warm-n-cuddlies but would leave them no reason to delay it. And they do still refer to it as a table PACK, which they wouldn't do if it was a single premium table.

Don't be led astray by false prophets.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It very well could be T2. Not sure if this was the original plan but the kickstarter stated September was the estimated fulfillment month. Having the table release for mobile platforms in August and consoles possibly in sept would be a huge victory given past challenges they've had. It would also make the next kickstarter campaign more credible. Hopefully that could coincide with the x360 relaunch and the steam launch.

The hint stated a pairing which seems to refer to the new table and centaur, not a new table and reissue.

If there is a new table I would guess it is some amalgamated creature or demon so either paragon, fathom, or medusa. I could also see fireball. Pretty sure it wouldn't be motorider, though.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Man...not even time for a text hint!?
There is no way T2 will be ready in one one. At least I hope not!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
In regards to development, what is to stop farsight from developing the table in advance? As individuals, they could have put the campaign over the goal to assure success. Plus they had the table and certainly could use their in house resources to digitize it for personal use. Nothing wrong with that unless they start distributing it withiut a license or worse, charging for it.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
In regards to development, what is to stop farsight from developing the table in advance? As individuals, they could have put the campaign over the goal to assure success. Plus they had the table and certainly could use their in house resources to digitize it for personal use. Nothing wrong with that unless they start distributing it withiut a license or worse, charging for it.

Do you honestly believe that the FarSight guys can afford to work on a personal side-project during a major Kickstarter while also trying to meet our constant demands for two glitch-free tables per month?

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
No, "they'll be baack next month" definitely means T2 for September. I'm guessing Evel Knievel and Tee'd Off, and I'm willing to bet that the PSN goof meant that FS didn't feel the need to give us another hint on the PHoF table.

My other thought was Elvis, in his black leather on the backglass, but either that or Evel Knievel would be quite a surprise. What do you think, Kolchak? Are you finally getting your wish?

I would like to see Evel Knievel. Had one of those years ago, would be cool to play again.

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
I know the estimated fulfillment on the Kickstarter said September. Just as a reminder to everyone though, in the Kickstarter description, Farsight very clearly stated they hoped to launch T2 in August if there were no development issues.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
"The new release in Table Pack 17 has a pretty famous character on the backglass that shares a thing or two in common with Centaur, so we think this pairing is pretty cool."

So what could that be? Speed? Weapons? Motorcycles?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Paul Faris did the backglass art on both Centaur and Evel Knievel, so the similarities are motorcycles and a common artist. If that's not enough proof, what is?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

This is exactly the right thinking. SYT said they had T2 when he was there last December. I think Jay said it's his favorite game. Bobby has said he likes the table a lot. It was getting made, period. One way or another the Kickstarter was going to succeed...and it did.

Also, with the issues FarSight had last fall and winter with the TZ and ST:TNG redemptions, I think by getting this baby out fast was a way of putting more faith back into their company.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did not pledge this time mainly due to my lackluster interest in the table and annoyance with the way the last two were handled. However, I figured it was going to succeed and when SYT said they had one since last year, it was 100% IMO.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Do you honestly believe that the FarSight guys can afford to work on a personal side-project during a major Kickstarter while also trying to meet our constant demands for two glitch-free tables per month?

Actually, yes. Unless you intended sarcsasm.

If not, look at it this way...when it comes to doing a major kickstarter, Farsight sucks. Their efforts leave much to be desired. Then again there is almost no effort. Two glitch-free tables per month? Usually they need a bit of work and takes an update or two to get it where it needs to be. Unless you mean Cirqus Voltaire or a few others that are still suffering from MAJOR glitches. I know it sounds like major complaining, and I actually don't care too much personally, but it has been mentioned quite often by others. Plus they can put in as much time as they want. THey are a private, independent company. Especially if the side project could result in something that leads to a money making venture.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
This is exactly the right thinking. SYT said they had T2 when he was there last December. I think Jay said it's his favorite game. Bobby has said he likes the table a lot. It was getting made, period. One way or another the Kickstarter was going to succeed...and it did.

Also, with the issues FarSight had last fall and winter with the TZ and ST:TNG redemptions, I think by getting this baby out fast was a way of putting more faith back into their company.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did not pledge this time mainly due to my lackluster interest in the table and annoyance with the way the last two were handled. However, I figured it was going to succeed and when SYT said they had one since last year, it was 100% IMO.

Apparently, no one heard me the first time:

"Do you honestly believe that the FarSight guys can afford to work on a personal side-project during a major Kickstarter while also trying to meet our constant demands for two glitch-free tables per month?" I don't care how much they liked it.

Last edited:

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Actually, yes. Unless you intended sarcsasm.

If not, look at it this way...when it comes to doing a major kickstarter, Farsight sucks. Their efforts leave much to be desired. Then again there is almost no effort. Two glitch-free tables per month? Usually they need a bit of work and takes an update or two to get it where it needs to be. Unless you mean Cirqus Voltaire or a few others that are still suffering from MAJOR glitches. I know it sounds like major complaining, and I actually don't care too much personally, but it has been mentioned quite often by others. Plus they can put in as much time as they want. THey are a private, independent company. Especially if the side project could result in something that leads to a money making venture.

What I mean is that it's not totally realistic to expect two glitch-free tables every month, but we still expect it and FarSight TRIES to deliver. I'm sorry I don't agree with your pessimism towards the developers, but they actually listen to all of our complaints. My point is that they're trying to make two tables each month while addressing all of our issues that continue to pile up. They're not twiddling their thumbs, and they can't afford to waste that valuable time on a table that may never get made. If FarSight was sitting on the cash that would make the Kickstarter successful no matter what, they wouldn't have bothered doing one, especially if they loved the table so much.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Highly doubt that it's T2. The Kickstarter page even says that it is expected in September (or at least, that's the "estimated delivery" date).

Although I won't say it's wrong, Evel Knievel seems out of left field to me. Nobody has really been asking for it, and EBD is the classic Bally that most people want to see next.

This is probably the most vague clue yet, and that's saying a lot.

Tee'd Off is most likely the re-release table, though Victory is possible too.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry, Sean, I just don't like seeing conspiracy theories thrown around like this. We take Kickstarters seriously and on good faith.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
The list is your friend...

Tee'd Off didn't get mentioned because we already expect it, which I'm sure the PSN thing didn't give FS the warm-n-cuddlies but would leave them no reason to delay it. And they do still refer to it as a table PACK, which they wouldn't do if it was a single premium table.

Don't be led astray by false prophets.

Um, both Twilight Zone and Star Trek: TNG are table packs (pack #8 and #9). They were originally listed separately as premium tables, but then rolled in to the pack structure afterwards. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I'm sure it's fun to speculate, but personally I just don't see from the clues how it's not T2 for pack 17.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts