Table Pack #18 "Speculation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
So wait, FarSight is branching out and emulating Gyruss in the next pack? Cool! What will they call those.. Arcade Arcade? :p
Classical music is often very high quality arrangements and always in public domain. Many are easily adaptable to video game chiptunes, and portions thereof can be looped indefinitely. The designer can choose popular stuff, which will be instantly recognizable to most gamers, or pick more obscure classical arrangements by minor composers and nobody will know.

NES Tetris theme A music is ripped strait from the Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker suite (Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy), for instance.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I just want to say that Haunted House, for all it's flaws (open playfield, no multiball, many flippers) it has some awesome sounding music and sound effects... chilling, really! This could be the first TPA pin that you want to play with good headphones or a hifi and subwoofer... just saying :)

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I am glad we are getting Haunted House. I am hoping we get Class Of 1812 for October. Such a fun table. I used to play it quite a bit when it was at the local arcade. Playing it once again would be a real treat.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
sorry..what?

Well, I shouldn't say flaws... I guess that's harsh, considering this is one of my top 10 faves of all time...

I'm pointing out some of the complaints I've heard over the years. The open playfield is forgivable, given the cellar floor...

I'm hopeful this is actually coming out... I think Friday we might find out.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I'm waiting for the beta already! Instead of bugs in HH... There will be ghosts :)

Happy Friday!

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
The big question is Emulated or Scripted?

Gary

Both Haunted House and Tee'd Off should be emulated as Bobby King confirmed in one of the interviews with our own Jeff Strong that Farsight Studios developed technology to emulate the latter table since it has a DMD. If Tee'd Off can be ROM emulated, then I believe the same can also be said about Haunted House.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Farsight Studios developed technology to emulate the latter table since it has a DMD. If Tee'd Off can be ROM emulated, then I believe the same can also be said about Haunted House.
Not necessarily. Just because a technology is older and simpler doesn't mean it's easier to emulate. FS has been having trouble emulating older machines, having cracked the emulation on early B/W tables only recently, while their more recent machines were emulated on Day 1.
TO should be emulated, as their attempt to script it in their PHOFG collection was a disaster, but there's no word yet on whether they've done early Gottliebs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.