Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
or Dolly Parton!!
Having actually played one, I can tell you that the table is both A) hideous, and B) not much fun to play. I hope she at least got decent money from the licensing deal, because her table is doing her no favors.

N

netizen

Having actually played one, I can tell you that the table is both A) hideous, and B) not much fun to play. I hope she at least got decent money from the licensing deal, because her table is doing her no favors.

And Barb Wire is doing Pam Anderson any more than Baywatch? That's not fair Baywatch isn't a bad game for what the theme is.

Blueshirt

Nov 17, 2012
I just hope they cool it on the Gottleib finally. I'm getting really burned out on them... I know they have Ace High left to do but hopefully that's the last Gottleib for a while.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
They said a month or two ago on Facebook that they had something special planned for the end of the year. This could either mean a return to more popular Williams/Bally tables, a Gottlieb table requiring extra licenses (Street Fighter 2 or Rescue 911 (I doubt they will acquire Freddy Kreuger without a kickstarter), or a Licensed Stern table like Monopoly or Rollercoaster Tycoon. Since Ace High is such an old table (but great. Way better than Central Park), I doubt they would package it with an early 80's Stern Table. They must have something special planned for it.

In the recent Bobby King interview with ThePinballArcadeFans.com, he had mentioned that ROM Emulation may be coming for Gorgar, Firepower, andBlack Knight.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
In the recent Bobby King interview with ThePinballArcadeFans.com, he had mentioned that ROM Emulation may be coming for Gorgar, Firepower, andBlack Knight.

yep, and new lighting system for pc right over the corner too..also fixes for released tables are "planned".

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
supposedly these are done and just need a few patches. When they will be available is another matter.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Is that coming from the awesome CGR TX-Sector review? I keep watching it, it's so damn funny!

We all wanna warp to the Disco Pinball Dimension.

ALL OF US.

...somewhat relatedly, I love how at the end of the Asteroid Annie and the Aliens review he just straight up says "f*** this s***, let's play some RoboCop" since it was next to them the whole time.

A much better choice.

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
IMHO I think those 3 tables will be restricted to Halloween release times. TPA really is getting to a point where they will be running out of haunted and scary themed tables. If TPA intends to go on for more than a couple of years it will mean they have to limit the horror themed tables until the Halloween season. If they keep putting out scary tables they will have very little to excite us all for the next few future Halloweens. I hate to say it but I think those 3 tables are not coming until at least October of next year.

There are perhaps only 30-40 more scary themed tables out there. A full half of them are from manufacturers that TPA doesn't have the licensing for and probably could never get the licensing for them either. Around another half dozen machines are so old and so dated that none of us would want them in TPA. Which leaves around a dozen scary themed tables...give or take. Medusa, T.F.T.C, Dracula, Bram Stokers Dracula, Frankenstein, Freddy, will all be coming I am sure, but the timing of their release will most likely be in the fall as Halloween tables.

You never know though. TPA is good at surprising us here and there with a table we didn't expect right away.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
supposedly these are done and just need a few patches. When they will be available is another matter.

I think what Wfurman is getting at is maybe the rom emulation of these tables is what the end of the year surprise is (that and another two Gottliebs). I wouldn't mind this at all. In fact, I would probably prefer it to most tables.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts