Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
Guys, it's Indiana Jones. It's a premium licensed table, which makes sense for a one-table pack, was the top vote getter in the Premium poll, and has a "Fish of Tayles" jackpot award in it (which is a Ritchie reference to Fish Tales)...and IJ is a classic movie which would fit with the movie poster too.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I think I have it figured out. It's going to be Fish Tales + pro mode for $5. The catch is that you have to buy pro mode whether you like it or not.

doveton

Mar 7, 2013
I think I have it figured out. It's going to be Fish Tales + pro mode for $5. The catch is that you have to buy pro mode whether you like it or not.

That makes sense, though as somebody who has literally zero interest in pro mode, I really hope thats not the case.

Though to be fair, I don't mind paying the normal price for one table, as long as its a good table

Eternal

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
If the season starts with Fish Tales as a one-table pack, it might set a new precedent for a premium yet non-Kickstarter table. I've seen a lot of speculation about how FarSight will now only do single table packs because there was no Kickstarter associated with this table (and the single "?" picture in www.pinballarcade.com indicates that there will only be one table in Table Pack #21). But this kind of makes sense. There's nothing dictating that a premium table has to have a Kickstarter to be made. The demand for Fish Tales is ENORMOUS even if the licensing cost isn't as big. We may be looking at the first single-non-Kickstarter-premium-table pack for The Pinball Arcade. We may see more in the future. Some might whine about it, but if they start releasing premium tables without Kickstarters, I'm entirely OK with that.

Guys, it's Indiana Jones. It's a premium licensed table, which makes sense for a one-table pack, was the top vote getter in the Premium poll, and has a "Fish of Tayles" jackpot award in it (which is a Ritchie reference to Fish Tales)...and IJ is a classic movie which would fit with the movie poster too.

If so, I think we would all faint from excitement. :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, I'm impressed. Finally a clue that wasn't solved in 5 seconds. Bravo FarSight.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If we are indeed only getting one table a month, I hope all the people that have been requesting that FS "slow down, take a month off, release only one table" are happy that they might get their wish. Especially if the price is still $5 per.

Nothing like speculating on not only what the hint is, but at what cost.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012

I don't see any way that license could be implemented without a kickstarter, unfortunately.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
If we are indeed only getting one table a month, I hope all the people that have been requesting that FS "slow down, take a month off, release only one table" are happy that they might get their wish. Especially if the price is still $5 per.

Nothing like speculating on not only what the hint is, but at what cost.

I still bet this is Fish Tales, and will be sold as a premium single table NON-Kickstarter pack. Just because it's popular enough to be sold as premium (which Fish Tales is) it doesn't need a Kickstarter for the license. FarSight could very well resume two-table non-premium packs right after this with popular, but not VERY popular tables. We could also see more of these premium single table non-Kickstarter packs sprinkled in once or twice a season going forward. Just because we have one single table non-Kickstarter pack doesn't mean ALL packs from here on out will only have one table.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I think I've got it!

Movie posters? Japanese writing? Skyscrapers being destroyed?

Sega's Godzilla fits the bill AND is a big enough name to justify a premium table (unlike Twister)

EDIT: plus it was a FISHING BOAT that was attacked by Godzilla in the 1998 movie.

Last edited:

Eternal

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
I still bet this is Fish Tales, and will be sold as a premium single table NON-Kickstarter pack. Just because it's popular enough to be sold as premium (which Fish Tales is) it doesn't need a Kickstarter for the license. FarSight could very well resume two-table non-premium packs right after this with popular, but not VERY popular tables. We could also see more of these premium single table non-Kickstarter packs sprinkled in once or twice a season going forward. Just because we have one single table non-Kickstarter pack doesn't mean ALL packs from here on out will only have one table.

I hear ya, but why start that now all of a sudden?

They could've done non Kickstarter premium single tables the last two seasons?

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
85251c4e7732f319629ec0061d63792c.jpg

First thing I thought of was Twister as well. Though I think that would involve paying for the likenesses on the backglass and playfield. I can't remember if original actors' voices are used, like T2 or TAF. Maybe not expensive enough for a Kickstarter? It's a fun game, though.

I might be reaching but looking at the flyer for it (http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3976&picno=3025&zoom=1) and some of the text in the hint above, it looks similar.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Wait a minute...we forgot about the SHARKS! If they continue to do two packs, then we may see Sharkey's Shootout, too!

Thanks Jared! This one's REALLY tough.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
The poster clearly depicts a world were nature comes unhinged and the crap storm unleashed on the forums after.......Farsight announces that the SINGLE table pack to start season three will be.....

JIVE TIME!

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Sales are going to dip pretty good if they start doing single table packs and jacking up the price.

Anyways, looks like Fish Tales and Sorcerer, that's my guess.

capslock42

Sep 23, 2013
When steam updated today i went looking around just to see what was inside the PBA arcade directory, in the dev dir there is a setup.txt file and at the end it has:

// *** Future Tables ***
// WPC

// SYS 11

// Not Emulated
//TableFiles = "Dev/Victory/PBTVictory.csv", "TVictory_Enums.csv"
//TableFiles = "Dev/AceHigh/PBTAceHigh.csv", "TAceHigh_Enums.csv"

So I would say Aces High might just be in Table Pack #21

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
When steam updated today i went looking around just to see what was inside the PBA arcade directory, in the dev dir there is a setup.txt file and at the end it has:

// *** Future Tables ***
// WPC

// SYS 11

// Not Emulated

Was hoping the PC version would bring us game code goodies like that. Nice work

Although isn't Victory emulated?

N

netizen

// *** Future Tables ***
// WPC

// SYS 11

// Not Emulated

Apparently that has been there since the TZ PC beta for high end donors and has been a source of speculation since Sept/Oct when the Steam beta began, but it does make one wonder if Ace High will be the EM for Season 3.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There is a shark on the side of FISH TALES. The tornado is a reference to how fast it was whipped up! :p

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Was hoping the PC version would bring us game code goodies like that. Nice work

Although isn't Victory emulated?

It probably wasn't emulated when it was first added to that list, but I'm thinking it is now. Non-emulated games don't have animated displays, while Victory does. A handful of emulated tables don't have animated displays, but none of the scripted ones do.

flywithsean

Apr 20, 2013
Anything that was a movie will have to be a kickstarter. Why would Fish Tales have to be a kickstarter?!?! Thats just retarded. There is no licensing needed. This rules out Indiana Jones and Twister. Harrison Ford and Helen Hunt need their money. Oh and it also rules out Godzilla.

So...

What I hope it is, it won't be. but hey Atlantis by Bally. Awesome game with lots of sharks on it. but its probably Fish Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.