Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
My only hope is if they have a fixed jackpot like the tourney ROM rather than as it is. Otherwise people will just play the game, drain the balls until the jackpot is 2 million then max out their score that way.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
CWQdQpe.jpg

:D

It's 100% that, too. The plates on the playfield and backglass for Getaway both say "KINGPIN".

Edit: Unless MAS4100 is a thing that gets used a lot (like someone said in Junk Yard). But I'm guessing that with the only clue being the F1 pic (obviously Checkpoint freebie) and MAS4100 being an identifier for a car... I doubt it'd be anything else.

Well spotted shaneus! ....confirmed....it's not a photoshop ;)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Well spotted shaneus! ....confirmed....it's not a photoshop ;)
Sort of helped with a pointer in another forum who thought the plates on the playfield for both HS and HS2 were "KINGPIN". I knew I'd seen it somewhere on the machine before, so I ran over to check :D

karl

May 10, 2012
First price probably goes to shaneus, but some serious out there, fun suggestions from others as well. Kolchak357, father time, Mick Morry, Bowflex and some others all made me laugh with some serious inventive brainstorming :D

High speed belong in this game and the sooner the better. Looking forward to it

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well can we still guess High Speed for every other table after this one?

Anyway.. I'm worried, an essential part of getting huge scores on High Speed is shooting the left loop over and over to score rewards. It'll be near impossible if the flipper physics aren't worked on.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This is going to please so many people on this forum.

But I don't think they'll shut up until HS2 is out as well...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
This is going to please so many people on this forum.

But I don't think they'll shut up until HS2 is out as well...
I'm happy :D

Anyway.. I'm worried, an essential part of getting huge scores on High Speed is shooting the left loop over and over to score rewards. It'll be near impossible if the flipper physics aren't worked on.
We can only hope... I'm not confident, though. Still doesn't seem like it'd be a difficult fix (why can't it be that only tapping the flipper for a split second only raises the flipper a small amount?) but I get the feeling it's never going to happen. Ever :(

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I've only been playing real pinball machines for the last 18 months and managed to play 62 of the pinside top 100 so far but somehow I haven't played the original High Speed. I think there was one at the UKPP last year but I managed not to play it somehow.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
You'll be surprised just how differently it plays from Getaway. I find it plays faster and consequently a little better IMO. Getaway lends itself to being able to lose track of the ball at times, I find.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Found another...

http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201401/1364272/174658.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Er, why would we need more than one? Especially when I took the photo myself of my own machine.

[QUOTE="lettuce, post: 138408, member: 150"]Isnt The Getaway regarded to be the better table over High Speed?[/QUOTE]
In the same way most people think all DMD games > all alpha-numeric games. I find HS to be a lot faster and far less forgiving. For casual players I think HS2 might appeal more, but the original HS will rip your head off.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I don't get it :/

Ps. Not trusting the guy who owns a High Speed, has a High Speed avatar and has probably made no fewer than 70 posts requesting High Speed? I'm hurt.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Shaneus! I bow to you and your sharp eyes! Also, HIGH SPEED! This makes me so freakin' happy!!!!!!

I really hope FS can make the surrounding room environment flash when appropriate. Not holding my breath tho'.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Definitely a good catch there, Shaneus. I was thinking High Speed because of the "coming up fast" comment but I couldn't find any real evidence like you did. I'm glad we were all finally correct in our guess.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
I don't get it :/

Ps. Not trusting the guy who owns a High Speed, has a High Speed avatar and has probably made no fewer than 70 posts requesting High Speed? I'm hurt.

Hmmmmm. You do seem to have an alibi.

Still... I'm gonna go ahead and say you killed Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts