Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Isnt The Getaway regarded to be the better table over High Speed?

Both are excellent and do play differently. I find the original faster and less forgiving. The Getaway is more flashy and more of an adrenalin rush. I love both and think it best we get them in order. So this is super news IMO.

The Facebook crowd is gonna take a power dump on HS. Most of that crowd is probably more familiar with the Getaway and it has a DMD. So you know they will complain about this one.

N

netizen

Even the Pro DMD crowd hasn't stopped complaining due to the shortage of releases from 2000 and beyond.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
CWQdQpe.jpg

:D

It's 100% that, too. The plates on the playfield and backglass for Getaway both say "KINGPIN".

Edit: Unless MAS4100 is a thing that gets used a lot (like someone said in Junk Yard). But I'm guessing that with the only clue being the F1 pic (obviously Checkpoint freebie) and MAS4100 being an identifier for a car... I doubt it'd be anything else.

Happy, Happy Day!!! EXCELLENT spot, Shaneus! The one single table I MOST wanted to come to The Pinball Arcade looks like it's on its way.

I would now like to officially thank Farsight, and all of the members of the Pinball Arcade Fans forum site from the senior-most moderator to the newest of newbies for their patience and understanding over, lo, these many months (indeed, well over a year) that I have been cajoling, clamoring, pleading, and exhorting anyone who will listen to bring High Speed to The Pinball Arcade. Assuming that this clue does indeed imply the coming of High Speed, I will graciously end my High Speed ravings, and wish that your favorite table comes to The Pinball Arcade soon, as well.

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
4EsU8bM.jpg

I've owned this table since 1994, and I've never noticed the car's liscence plate. Geez.

I am super excited though to finally have a table on PBA that I own in real life so that I can compare the differences from playing mine. This is exciting news.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
CWQdQpe.jpg

It's 100% that, too. The plates on the playfield and backglass for Getaway both say "KINGPIN".

Edit: Unless MAS4100 is a thing that gets used a lot (like someone said in Junk Yard). But I'm guessing that with the only clue being the F1 pic (obviously Checkpoint freebie) and MAS4100 being an identifier for a car... I doubt it'd be anything else.

Good find,Shaneus! While I do prefer The Getaway, I have no problem with getting High Speed first. Looking forward to it!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
High Speed should come out first. It already came out first in real life and it could have its sales hurt by Getaway being released first. Hopefully Getaway will be a Season 5 table. Would nice to see a bunch of sequels come out like that, Jack-Bot, Firepower 2, Party Zone and Space Station. Probably missing a couple others.

So when do we open the Table 26 speculation thread?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hmmmm my search says is Junkyard as the next table, yet the news letter hint does indeed seem to suggest High Speed from the license plate picture.

But im still going to say Junkyard as my source has never been wrong before

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The thing about junkyard is it does have so many references to other games. I wonder if you can find that license plate anywhere on its playfield/back glass

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
4EsU8bM.jpg

I've owned this table since 1994, and I've never noticed the car's liscence plate. Geez.

I am super excited though to finally have a table on PBA that I own in real life so that I can compare the differences from playing mine. This is exciting news.

I hope HS is the table, but it could be a pretty brutal tease when they announce the table is actually.....Data East's Checkpoint!

Feb 19, 2014
I put the clues together.

It's definitely Gillian's island and here's why.

G is the 7th letter in the alphabet ok. And 7 rymes with data easts checkpoints first ever alpha dot desplay. Now couple the fact that we know it's not roller games, based on the ancient maya texts and ancient alien gods, mixed together with crop circles and the 911 conspiracy, it's for sure 100% Gilligans island guys cause Jesse Ventura told me.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
CWQdQpe.jpg

OMG, I think I just creamed my pants!!! :eek:

Hooray for High Speed!!! :D

Feb 19, 2014
Or it could be that Gilligan's Island had 4,100 units made... lol

That is like... The most insane coincidence ever. I just pulled Gilligans Island out of my ass to make a joke post out of....but you're right it sold exactly 4100... Imagine if I was right lol.

Yeah guys MAS refers to the MASSIVE popularity of Gilligans Island in the 60s and 4100 is what it sold! Man I'm a genius!!!!! Lol.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
http://i.imgur.com/4EsU8bM.jpg[IMG]

I am super excited though to finally have a table on PBA that I own in real life so that I can compare the differences from playing mine. This is exciting news.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's a nice looking playfield. Factory mylar? None on mine, stupid ball swirl :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts