Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
High Speed is an iconic table. This and Pin*Bot were the 1-2 punch that caused a major upswing in pinball popularity back in '86. It's a very important game in pinball history, as well as just a fun and very well made "flow" table.

So it's one of those games that makes the arcade feel more "complete". It has a huge following and rightfully so. I think it will cause another spike in pinball arcade interest all by itself. Which is kinda needed. Season 3 sales have been a little slow compared to past seasons.

Now give me Eight Ball Deluxe, which iirc was the highest selling table ever prior to Addams Family (or was that the original Eight Ball?), Earth Shaker, Diner, Road Show, Jack * Bot, the entire "Rollercoaster" pinball series (cyclone, hurricane, Comet) The Getaway and anything else I'm missing, that would complete a series on Pinball Arcade... It just, to me feels good having all the games in a series, this is about pinball history and preserving it, seeing all the games in a series or seeing certain tables reference other tables is part of the fun :)

These are the tables I want most.

BK2K, Pin*Bot, and High Speed are my 3 must-have "classic" tables.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Now give me Eight Ball Deluxe, which iirc was the highest selling table ever prior to Addams Family (or was that the original Eight Ball?)
Original Eight Ball. High Speed sold ~17,000 and Flash before it sold ~19,000. TAF I think hit just over 20k plus another 1k if you count the gold edition.

Looking at the most highly produced games (only Williams for now) on IPDB, we're still missing Flash, HS, F-14 and Getaway (not counting TAF). TBH I'm actually surprised that F-14 sold that many, given that Farsight are still quite dismissive of releasing it. You'd think the highest-selling tables AND the highest rated tables would all get a look in.

Apparently there's actually four according to this 2013 BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21200001: Heighway Pinball in the UK and Quetzal in Spain.

I was aware of Heighway (though not their HUD and playfield LCD features), but not Quetzal. Now if I could only play any of these new machines in Glasgow. HMV is still oddly enough the best place to play pinball, but I've generally been seeing licensed Stern and Sega/DE machines (I did like the DE Star Wars - pretty funny). I like the fact that the European companies are doing original machines rather than licensed themes, but technically I suspect they'd prove tough to emulate - at least for the TPA.
There are even more than that now, even though many would be considered "boutique". I'll run off a list of all the ones I know who'll be releasing something in the next year or so:
* Stern (duh)
* JJP
* Heighway. I think their playfield LCD is ingenious, keep the eyes on the playfield and off the backbox!
* SKIT-B. Doing the Predator machine, though this is strictly a boutique/limited-run machine with only 250 I think.
* Dutch Pinball, with The Big Lebowski. Probably considered "boutique", but TBL isn't a limited run.
* Planetary Pinball, with their MM remake.
* Spooky Pinball, with Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave and America's Most Haunted.
* Multimorphic, with their P3 modular pinball system.
* Homepin (woo, go Aussies!) with their officially licensed Thunderbirds pin. Most excited for this than all the others, personally. Loved the TV series and this machine should be even better. There are some interesting mechanical innovations like sealed ball bearing flippers, amongst other things.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Honestly, F-14's weird legal status is probably to blame for FS kind of looking past it. Would it require a license or not? Tough to say. The machine was not licensed originally, but it is based on a real aircraft, and every game that has featured it in the past 15 years or so has had to get a license for it. Ace Combat, HAWX, even Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, as the plane form for the AGES character (based on Afterburner obviously).

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
There are even more than that now, even though many would be considered "boutique". I'll run off a list of all the ones I know who'll be releasing something in the next year or so:
* Stern (duh)
* JJP
* Heighway. I think their playfield LCD is ingenious, keep the eyes on the playfield and off the backbox!
* SKIT-B. Doing the Predator machine, though this is strictly a boutique/limited-run machine with only 250 I think.
* Dutch Pinball, with The Big Lebowski. Probably considered "boutique", but TBL isn't a limited run.
* Planetary Pinball, with their MM remake.
* Spooky Pinball, with Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave and America's Most Haunted.
* Multimorphic, with their P3 modular pinball system.
* Homepin (woo, go Aussies!) with their officially licensed Thunderbirds pin. Most excited for this than all the others, personally. Loved the TV series and this machine should be even better. There are some interesting mechanical innovations like sealed ball bearing flippers, amongst other things.

There's also this guy working on this Wrath of Olympus table that looks really nice so far:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development

Its worth noting that he built it for VP first so you can play it there if you're so inclined.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Honestly, F-14's weird legal status is probably to blame for FS kind of looking past it. Would it require a license or not? Tough to say. The machine was not licensed originally, but it is based on a real aircraft, and every game that has featured it in the past 15 years or so has had to get a license for it. Ace Combat, HAWX, even Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, as the plane form for the AGES character (based on Afterburner obviously).
Damn, that's right. Forgot we've had this convo before. Should get confirmation from FS on why. Would be great to have!

There's also this guy working on this Wrath of Olympus table that looks really nice so far:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development

Its worth noting that he built it for VP first so you can play it there if you're so inclined.
Oh, I only mentioned people who were manufacturing more than one :) In an interview on C2C he did say he'd like to mass produce it on some level to say thanks to those that helped with the project, but didn't give any more info than that. So it may be a thing in the future, but for now... strictly a once-off :(

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
So everyone agrees it's a car themed table?
But what if...?!
I'm going nowhere with this, i got no clue ^^

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here's a small exchange from Facebook:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anton Vlassiouk - Getaway HSII next,please!
March 15 at 3:52am

The Pinball Arcade - We aren't going to do them both in a row.
March 15 at 1:39pm

Allen Gee - And just like that, we have confirmation.
March 15 at 2:52pm

Mike Morse - I can't believe he fell for that. Hahahaha
March 15 at 8:31pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, could still be fancy trickery, but I really don't think so.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Oh, I only mentioned people who were manufacturing more than one :) In an interview on C2C he did say he'd like to mass produce it on some level to say thanks to those that helped with the project, but didn't give any more info than that. So it may be a thing in the future, but for now... strictly a once-off :(

I hear ya. I do think these will end up getting made (at least 100), his last post says he is hoping for some level of production in 2015.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Here's a small exchange from Facebook:

Anton Vlassiouk - Getaway HSII next,please!
March 15 at 3:52am

The Pinball Arcade - We aren't going to do them both in a row.
March 15 at 1:39pm

Allen Gee - And just like that, we have confirmation.
March 15 at 2:52pm

Mike Morse - I can't believe he fell for that. Hahahaha
March 15 at 8:31pm

I know, could still be fancy trickery, but I really don't think so.
I tried a similar technique a while back, but less subtle:
I even tried the not-so-subliminal technique. From the animated rollovers (PC) thread:
zfqFjta.png

Hp9tvjk.png

:(

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Because we all know that no source of information on the Internet is more reliable than random fanboy rants on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts