Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I love Safe Cracker, it's very unique. I like the board game idea, it makes the game interesting. I haven't played one in quite some time, I also love Party Zone, basically anything that Pat Lawlor, Dennis Nordman, Steve Ritchie, Mark Ritchie, Barry Ousler, George Gomez, and a few from John Borg. Basically I love pinball from the late 80's to now.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I love Safe Cracker, it's very unique. I like the board game idea, it makes the game interesting. I haven't played one in quite some time, I also love Party Zone, basically anything that Pat Lawlor, Dennis Nordman, Steve Ritchie, Mark Ritchie, Barry Ousler, George Gomez, and a few from John Borg. Basically I love pinball from the late 80's to now.

You're not really leaving many designers out with that list :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Don't worry. You're not the only one. Same feeling here for Party Zone or any of the "Party" tables. Different strokes for different blokes.

I personally love safe cracker but it has lots of non-traditional elements (the timer, unlimited balls) and it is a rather small size. I get why people don't care for it.

I am with you on the party tables. They are ok but nothing spectacular. Party animal is actually not fun and has some really bad layout elements. If you dislike dr. Dude, you will probably hate that one.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I personally love safe cracker but it has lots of non-traditional elements (the timer, unlimited balls) and it is a rather small size. I get why people don't care for it.

I am with you on the party tables. They are ok but nothing spectacular. Party animal is actually not fun and has some really bad layout elements. If you dislike dr. Dude, you will probably hate that one.

I'm watching you with my every whim ;)

In all seriousness, the reason I love Party Zone, Dr. Dude and EATPM so much is purely because of theme. I think the cartoon artwork Greg Freres created for the games is nothing short of spectacular, especially on DD and PZ - there should be an entire series by Silverball Comix IMHO. I also love Party Zone because of how it integrates you into the experience - requesting songs from Captain B. Zarre and collecting the Big Bang are great ideas that haven't been done in any machine before or after. Party Animal is kinda meh, I definitely agree with you there.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I'm watching you with my every whim ;)

In all seriousness, the reason I love Party Zone, Dr. Dude and EATPM so much is purely because of theme. I think the cartoon artwork Greg Freres created for the games is nothing short of spectacular, especially on DD and PZ - there should be an entire series by Silverball Comix IMHO. I also love Party Zone because of how it integrates you into the experience - requesting songs from Captain B. Zarre and collecting the Big Bang are great ideas that haven't been done in any machine before or after. Party Animal is kinda meh, I definitely agree with you there.

Yeah, I dig a game of party zone or dr dude to mix things up but it triggers flashbacks for me. The one commendable thing is how well everything works together to accomplish the theme. I suppose Elvira and the party monsters should be included since it ties into party zone but it doesn't really feel like it. Party animal kind of disturbs me though with the weird animals in bikinis and that awkward flipper in the middle of teh playfield necessary for all ramp shots.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I have a feeling it will be Junk Yard. However I will say High Speed as it has been mentioned an insane amount in recent months and I feel FS must be watching the fans begging for it. FS seems to listen to the masses and the masses have been asking for it in force for quite some time. Diner, and Party Zone also have a high chance of being next or very soon IMHO.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I don't know the rest of these machines, so really I just want to see Cyclone and anything else is gravy. Firepower II, Eight Ball Deluxe or Judge Dredd would be nice left-field surprises as well.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope its Junkyard so I can start feeling surprised what they will pick afterwards. ;\

I think there is a strong chance. Junkyard is a strong table. Very fun and has a DMD and toys so you know it holds appeal. Without a season pass to sell, they have no need to dangle it out there to add any sort of extra incentive for people on the fence to buy the season pass so they can just get it out of the way and add other tables.

I just hope for Earthshaker. Badly.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Junkyard i just find no fun at all.even if you don't just lock onto the video mode, every shot is either a drain magnet, very narrow, or both.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I think there is a strong chance. Junkyard is a strong table. Very fun and has a DMD and toys so you know it holds appeal. Without a season pass to sell, they have no need to dangle it out there to add any sort of extra incentive for people on the fence to buy the season pass so they can just get it out of the way and add other tables.

I just hope for Earthshaker. Badly.
I don't think toys on a game carry nearly as much weight on a digital table as they do on a physical one. Like the guns on TNG/T2 and the Power on TZ, it's something else that probably won't be modelled/implemented accurately. Some have been okay, but I doubt there's been anyone who bought a table on TPA or prefers one over the other because of playfield gadgets.

And plus, given the reception of BK2K, it's proof you don't need toys or a DMD or even a super-deep ruleset to make a fun game :)

(Still praying for High Speed)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't think toys on a game carry nearly as much weight on a digital table as they do on a physical one. Like the guns on TNG/T2 and the Power on TZ, it's something else that probably won't be modelled/implemented accurately. Some have been okay, but I doubt there's been anyone who bought a table on TPA or prefers one over the other because of playfield gadgets.

And plus, given the reception of BK2K, it's proof you don't need toys or a DMD or even a super-deep ruleset to make a fun game :)

(Still praying for High Speed)

Yeah. Sometimes simpler is better.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I think I might just create a "Post here if you think High Speed will be in the next table pack" thread. That way I can find out who all the awesome people on this forum are.

+1 on that.
Going by your avatar, I assume you own one?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I think I might just create a "Post here if you think High Speed will be in the next table pack" thread. That way I can find out who all the awesome people on this forum are.
Until that day comes, there's always the 8-bit version:
31B9FB1B-F7C0-7515-F6564F9F2D986C2D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts