Table Pack #26 speculation

Kalio

Oct 26, 2013
Bad Cats is also one of my favorites and I really hope we might see it someday, but from what I've read on this forum it doesn't seem likely any time soon, sadly.

Who knows, maybe next season?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
As for EBD, again, if it was as good as people say it is (or as good as it's ranked,), than it would've been made before "Cue Ball Wizard", and obviously Farsight disagrees with the EBD fans because they've said as much. ("We chose this over EBD because we liked it better")
Really? I thought it was made because they ran out of Williams licenses at the time so they churned out a Gottlieb game. Love to know where that quote came from because it doesn't look like the sort of thing they'd say... usually Farsight are more diplomatic than that.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Bad Cats is also one of my favorites and I really hope we might see it someday, but from what I've read on this forum it doesn't seem likely any time soon, sadly.

Who knows, maybe next season?

After watching a video of this machine in action I too would love to see it hit the Arcade.

So little love for Cyclone disappoints me. One of my strongest pinball memories alongside Pinbot is hearing "Ride the Ferris Wheel!" - Cyclone is iconic as far as I'm concerned. Cyclone and Eight Ball Deluxe are the only remaining "must-have" tables in my book.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If that's the same list that has High Speed as "No way" or similar, then I suspect a good portion of it is bunk. I never got an answer on where FS' statement on HS came from so personally, unless there's a link then I'm not believing a thing there.

It caused me to doubt my belief on HS too many times :(

The mod said "Not at the moment", and I believe this was asked during Season 2, so he wasn't lying.

No offense, but I think I'll trust an employee's word over the majority in the unknown's opinion. I'd try asking about it on the page again and see what he has to say.

At least you ended up getting the game you wanted, though. :)

Last edited:

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
You're totally right. Instead of all these tables from the community polls, Farsight should just be asking individual forum members what they want the most, then not releasing anything until they can get the license for that table, and repeat the process after that happens. I mean there's soo many happy customers right now, that a policy of 1 table at a time, when ever it is convenient, will be an utter smash.

Well how hard is it to get Addams Family when you can get Star Trek, Twilight Zone and T2? I mean literally Star Trek and T2 were far more successful than Addams Family, and would cost more to get the rights to I'd imagine, so why couldn't TAF be the next table?

N

netizen

Well how hard is it to get Addams Family when you can get Star Trek, Twilight Zone and T2? I mean literally Star Trek and T2 were far more successful than Addams Family, and would cost more to get the rights to I'd imagine, so why couldn't TAF be the next table?

I got the licenses for all these tables, neat. Good to know. Sure wish I had been awake for any of that. Does anyone have pictures of me in California?

Seriously though, the reason your "questions" are being greeted with no small amount of derision is likely due to the fact that this has been discussed, argued, and talked into the ground on this forum. IF you take a chance swing at the search feature you may answer the question you tried to ask me yourself, but if you really want me to answer if as if I was involved in the licensing process then I will try.

Because it is.

Does that cover all the necessary details for you?

All except for: The Addams Family had more units produced, individually not combined, than Star Trek:The Next Generation, and Terminator 2:Judgement Day. So, I am not sure what your point was.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
The mod said "Not at the moment", and I believe this was asked during Season 2, so he wasn't lying.

No offense, but I think I'll trust an employee's word over the majority in the unknown's opinion. I'd try asking about it on the page again and see what he has to say.

At least you ended up getting the game you wanted, though. :)
"Bunk" was perhaps too harsh a word I used, but my point is that list of quotes is quite sensitive to time and context and none of those until very recently had that. Which is why I'm choosing not to believe those quotes because they could be old. With the EBD quote, it sounds like it was in response to someone asking about it shortly after Cue Ball Wizard was released, which puts it at around 6 months old. A lot could have happened between then and now :)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
"Bunk" was perhaps too harsh a word I used, but my point is that list of quotes is quite sensitive to time and context and none of those until very recently had that. Which is why I'm choosing not to believe those quotes because they could be old. With the EBD quote, it sounds like it was in response to someone asking about it shortly after Cue Ball Wizard was released, which puts it at around 6 months old. A lot could have happened between then and now :)

You make a valid point.

Like I said, you should make a post on the FB page and ask about EBD, see what he says.

It couldn't hurt. :)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Oh so you want Diner, Earthshaker and Cyclone more than Addams Family, Dracula, and Junk Yard?

I realized I laid the sarcasm on thick there so to be clear - your desires are not everyone's desires.

Addams Family doesn't hold this mythic status as the end-all and be-all pinball machine for me. I played it back in college, was able to play it again last year, and play the VP and FP incarnations. Its just ok with me. Its a challenging table rather than a fun one. While I would be happy to have the table in TPA its not up there with my top desired tables and I wouldn't be upset if it didn't get created. From your list Diner and Junk Yard would precede it. And I'd much rather have Big Bang Bar, Lord of the Rings, and Road Show before those two.

So as amazing as it sounds people have different opinions.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I realized I laid the sarcasm on thick there so to be clear - your desires are not everyone's desires.

Addams Family doesn't hold this mythic status as the end-all and be-all pinball machine for me. I played it back in college, was able to play it again last year, and play the VP and FP incarnations. Its just ok with me. Its a challenging table rather than a fun one. While I would be happy to have the table in TPA its not up there with my top desired tables and I wouldn't be upset if it didn't get created. From your list Diner and Junk Yard would precede it. And I'd much rather have Big Bang Bar, Lord of the Rings, and Road Show before those two.

What people don't realize is that we still need a big push for movie-license tables. Going for the Adams Family first to attract more customers doesn't exactly make sense to me. I still think we need to know how much people want tables such as Batman, and other movie themed tables.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
I got the licenses for all these tables, neat. Good to know. Sure wish I had been awake for any of that. Does anyone have pictures of me in California?

Seriously though, the reason your "questions" are being greeted with no small amount of derision is likely due to the fact that this has been discussed, argued, and talked into the ground on this forum. IF you take a chance swing at the search feature you may answer the question you tried to ask me yourself, but if you really want me to answer if as if I was involved in the licensing process then I will try.

Because it is.

Does that cover all the necessary details for you?

All except for: The Addams Family had more units produced, individually not combined, than Star Trek:The Next Generation, and Terminator 2:Judgement Day. So, I am not sure what your point was.

Well I think my point was that Terminator 2 is one of the most successful movies ever, and one of the most successful film franchises ever. Star Trek, as we all know, is one of the most successful film/TV franchises too. Addams Family, while it is the most widely distributed pinball machine ever, it was a successful movie at the box office, it doesn't touch Star Trek or Terminator in terms of success. In fact, many people have forgotten that movie, because the old TV show is what really got Addams Family famous. So I was thinking in terms of overall success.

Like with Star Wars and Indiana Jones...I imagine getting the rights to those would be hard considering how gigantic the franchises are. So I was basing it all on the impact, and popularity of the franchise itself.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014

Hey, I know. I'm just saying, based on what I've seen, TAF is a table that most people on here want. I'm not basing it just on my opinion, I'm basing it on a majority. If it were up to me, I'd want Data East Star Wars, TAF, and Batman 1989. So I'm not just doing what I WANT, I;m basing it on what a lot of people here have said. Besides, they don't put any of those tables on the poll...so it;s not like you're really getting the tables you WANT on a poll like that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Ok, here's the deal, Raul Julia's family refuses to license his likeness at his request.

Basically before he died there were dirt devil commercials that showed Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum cleaner and he didn't want his legacy to have anything to do with such a thing. It's a realistic thought to believe that we may NEVER get the Addams Family in TPA. Now, because his likeness is already on the table, there is a chance that his family might budge because the context of his likeness is not being changed but that is the challenge of the negotiations. The rest of the actors are alive and approachable, but it's ridiculous to expect anyone to go against a family member's last wishes just to appease our desires for a digital pinball table.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Table hint for the next pack

hint_25.jpg

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Tee'd off w/ toast? I'll defer to our forum sleuths to solve this one.

Edit:

Junkyard?
image-A6.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts