Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
My ideal finish to the season would look like this:

Pack #26: Junk Yard (confirmed)
Pack #27: Diner (winner of the poll)
Pack #28: Red & Ted's Roadshow (my brother's fave, and high up on my list as well)
Pack #29: F-14 Tomcat (more Steve Ritchie/WMS System 11 awesomeness)
Pack #30: Jack*Bot (finish out the Pin*Bot series)

I think Bram Stoker's Dracula would make an excellent early Season 4 table moving into Halloween. Other Season 4 tables could include Earthshaker and Cyclone from the poll, and Safecracker and Eight Ball Deluxe about both of which there's been much chatter in these fora. I suspect we're still quite a ways off from the next very-high-license/Kickstarter table. There are a ton of these more reasonable licensed, but still very fun tables to get through.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I am still hoping we will get something like 8 ball de luxe or Fathom this season or next. Farsight did a great job with Centaur from the same production year and both of them are high ranking early 80' games that is extremly fun to play.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I am still hoping we will get something like 8 ball de luxe or Fathom this season or next. Farsight did a great job with Centaur from the same production year and both of them are high ranking early 80' games that is extremly fun to play.

This.

I'd be quite happy with Embryon, too. Centaur was a pleasant surprise for many TPA players. Old school is a necessary part of the stated mission of TPA.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm going to go back to calling out for The Getaway, Eight Ball Deluxe and Triple Strike (I know it's unlikely).
I'd actually prefer EBD at this point because i'm a bit Ritchied out right now. Though I would not be upset about the Getaway

I know i mentioned the Getaway in a previous post here (and only a few million other times) but I wanted to append the other two to my guesses.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

No thank you.

I think this season has been on par with Season 1, and continuing these late 80's-early 90's games will only bring in more money and gain more popularity for TPA. I think reverting back to the early stuff just doesn't do much for them. (Which is probably why we haven't see any of the type of games you want in quite a while)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
No thank you.

I think this season has been on par with Season 1, and continuing these late 80's-early 90's games will only bring in more money and gain more popularity for TPA. I think reverting back to the early stuff just doesn't do much for them. (Which is probably why we haven't see any of the type of games you want in quite a while)

There are still a few from that era that need to be released.
Frankly, the late 70s and early 80s SS games are my least favorite era overall. But some extremely good games were released then that need to be in the collection.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Frankly, the late 70s and early 80s SS games are my least favorite era overall. But some extremely good games were released then that need to be in the collection.

At the very least, I hope they do "EBD" purely so people will finally shut up about it. lol

I still think it's hands down one of the most overrated tables that's talked about around here. I still remember how mad people were about "Cue Ball Wizard", only to then turn around and say "Hey, this isn't that bad!". :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

Personally I think the best idea is to put them in the After Dark collection. Put both mature tables and SS games in there and you've got yourself a paying crowd; the default Pinball Arcade should include late 80s - present tables

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
EBD is probably the one early game that would make it through based on the requests for it. Otherwise, I think they're most likely looking for tables with the broadest appeal possible.

N

netizen

EBD is probably the one early game that would make it through based on the requests for it. Otherwise, I think they're most likely looking for tables with the broadest appeal possible.

Based on average age of pinball players, that would be the late 70s and early 80s games, with a dip into classic EMs

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Hence why pinball desperately needs fresh blood. Its audience is aging. Let's have more tables released on recent things young people are into. Pirates of the Caribbean is simply not enough. We need a tie-in machine from Stern based on Frozen or Adventure Time. Or would I be crazy for seriously considering such things? (Outside of pinball circles, when I ask themes they might want to see, the single most popular theme is Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra. I hope that says something.)

Back on topic, The Pinball Arcade, if its mission is to preserve pinball, should have something from every era. Even the likes of Baffle Ball and such. That was a historically important table.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Based on average age of pinball players, that would be the late 70s and early 80s games, with a dip into classic EMs

The average pinhead is mostly into mid 80's to mid 90's tables. If this weren't true, you'd see plenty more tables from the eras you described.

There are hundreds of people posting on the FB page, and rarely does anyone request the early stuff. The only talk I've seen in regards to that stuff is here, which is where a lot of the older pinheads are.

karl

May 10, 2012
Quate from DokkenRokken "There are hundreds of people posting on the FB page, and rarely does anyone request the early stuff. The only talk I've seen in regards to that stuff is here, which is where a lot of the older pinheads are"

Nonsense! If you believe a couple of loudmouth facebook comments represent the pinball community in general you are sorely mistaken, I believe.

You sound like you believe one or two classic tables would destroy the company and make the season a waste.(what made season 2 a bit under par in my view was a few not so great Gottlieb tables towards the end of the season. Nothing classic about those)
You get your dmd fix every month so if you think these classics is that bad, just don't buy them and take a break for a month. Of course they need to sell for Farsight to release them but the most popular early 80' tables will sell just fine and a little variety does not hurt anyone.

I am from the early 90' crowd (when pinball started popping up in every bar over here) and I know a bunch of other "pinheads" from that same area that enjoy early ss tables too. Yes, we are probably older than you and not part of the tpa facebook crowd either, but remember that the facebook crowd is not what makes or breaks this game alone. New tables will always sell more,(that is also what I have in my collection) Does not mean that we have to abandon the old machines completely.

Rant mode Off :)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'd actually prefer EBD at this point because i'm a bit Ritchied out right now.
Pains me to say it as a Ritchie fanboy, but I'm in the same boat. Still prefer to see some older titles though. EBD, Mousin' Around, Fathom, Solar Fire, Barracora, Fire! and even the 80s Gottlieb/Premier titles like TX-Sector and Night Moves would be great to see.

Last edited:

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The average pinhead is mostly into mid 80's to mid 90's tables. If this weren't true, you'd see plenty more tables from the eras you described.

There are hundreds of people posting on the FB page, and rarely does anyone request the early stuff. The only talk I've seen in regards to that stuff is here, which is where a lot of the older pinheads are.

Do you seriously think that FB posters represent the public at large, let alone the pinball public? This forum, dedicated to TPA, is clearly more representative of what will sell.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Personally I think the best idea is to put them in the After Dark collection. Put both mature tables and SS games in there and you've got yourself a paying crowd; the default Pinball Arcade should include late 80s - present tables

I wouldn't mind this entirely but I'm of two minds in regard to the pinball after dark concept. I'd like to see how well it actually sells vis à vis the normal app. I'd also prefer that fs said "oh suck it" to those that only like one specific era and poo poo the rest.

This very forum exists out of disdain for the Facebook crowd. This is like the Mos Eisley Cantina and they are like droids.

Speaking if which...This song is absolute genius:

http://www.ninehells.com/mjdmedia/mjd-thestarwarscantinacomedyparodysong256kbps.mp3

Pains me to say it as a Ritchie fanboy, but I'm in the same boat. Still prefer to see some older titles though. EBD, Mousin' Around, Fathom, Solar Fire, Barracora, Fire! and even the 80s Gottlieb/Premier titles like TX-Sector and Night Moves would be great to see.

Shouldn't pain us to say it. We've been spoiled with a lot of Ritchie tables. I just want to see something different before seeing another. Even my beloved The Getaway.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Do you seriously think that FB posters represent the public at large, let alone the pinball public? This forum, dedicated to TPA, is clearly more representative of what will sell.

I do not believe the Facebook people represents the public at large. I also do not believe the people here represents the public at large OR what will sell. John Q. Public, if he has a passing interest in pinball, will like very different tables than what an enthusiast would like. Star Trek: The Next Generation is utterly alienating (no pun intended) to a normal person because it is so demanding in your aim, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts