Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Makes me wonder why this thread is still open when LCA is already confirmed? :p

Well, the mods could just rename it to LCA confirmed or something. That way people can continue to express their love for this pin and it can stop spilling over into pack 28's discussion. :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Why should we close a thread that has active discussions going on? We didn't start the thread, so I have no intention of closing it unless requested directly by the original poster.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Why should we close a thread that has active discussions going on? We didn't start the thread, so I have no intention of closing it unless requested directly by the original poster.

Well for one, the thread title is misleading as its no longer speculation as we know what the table pack 27 is and because of that any posts now made will not be about the thread title. Historical the threads have been close after the table has been announced and all discussions then move on to the next table speculation thread!!

Thought it would be just basic forum house tidying ethics!!??

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The mods usually just step in and close it on the night of the announcement. Always seemed like it made sense unless there was an active discussion taking place. Never like when a good discussion comes crashing to an immediate halt.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Just move the last 2-3 pages of posts to the table 28 speculation thread then, as there hasnt been posts about table 27 speculation for the last 2-3 pages

N

netizen

The mods usually just step in and close it on the night of the announcement. Always seemed like it made sense unless there was an active discussion taking place. Never like when a good discussion comes crashing to an immediate halt.

Mods have those super powers to split part of the conversation to its own thread and lock off the rest. I know it's radical and possibly the start of some form of revolution ...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Not really.

Out of ALL the tables made so far, no tables get as many complaints as "Goin Nuts" and "El Dorado" get, esp on a daily basis.

I could've lived without those, and could easily name about 30 better tables.

1. The Addams Family
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula
3. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
4. The Simpsons: Pinball Party
5. The Getaway: High Speed II
6. Lethal Weapon 3
7. Dr. Who
8. Tales from the Crypt
9. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
10. Last Action Hero
11. Monopoly
12. Guns N' Roses
13. F-14 Tomcat
14. Phantom of the Opera
15. Safe Cracker
16. Rescue 911
17. Red & Ted's Roadshow
18. Judge Dredd
19. Corvette
20. WWF Royal Rumble
21. Star Wars: Epsiode 1
22. Dirty Harry
23. Rollercoaster Tycoon
24. The Shadow
25. Juarassic Park
26. Apollo 13
27. Banzai Run
28. World Poker Tour
29. Jack*Bot
30. Mousin' Around

(I can even take out all the big name tables and replace them with average SS/DMD tables if you want as well? lol)

I'm not throwing Season 2 under the table because of the Premier tables. (I thought "Class of 1812" was one of the highlights of Season 2, to be honest!) I'm saying it was a pretty average season with a few good tables. Plus, there were so many issues and delays with Season 2 as well.

The table selection this time around has been fantastic.

Oh come on, those are all licensed.

Did I really need to say "without license".

Hey Farsight, you hear him! Season 2 sucked, why didn't you release "lists 20 LICENSED tables".

Anyone could list 30 licensed ones... I could list 50. You knew that wasn't what I meant. You didn't list 30 non-licensed tables that would best season 2 because you can't.

LMAO not only did you list like 25 licensed tables, at least 11 of those would need Kickstarters. Come on...

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Whirlwind, Pin*Bot, Centaur, White Water, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub, T2 and Firepower (to name a few) are some of the most beloved, most highly regarded tables in all of pinball. Just because you don't like them doesn't change that fact.

We'd be lucky to get half of the ones you've listed in the next 2-3 years. And that's with multiple kickstarters and lots of luck.

Season 2 has 5 bad tables out of 20. Victory, El Dorado, Goin Nuts, Cue Ball Wizard, T'eed Off. And some people don't even mind those. The majority of Season 2 is solid.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
My point is, release those tables individually and see how satisfied people would be with season 2.

I really think any of the criticism of season 3 stems from single table packs.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
My point is, release those tables individually and see how satisfied people would be with season 2.

I really think most of the criticism of season 3 stems from single table packs.

Oh I was addressing what's his face, not you. Drown rotten.

I like Season 3 more than 2, even with half the tables.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Whirlwind, Pin*Bot, Centaur, White Water, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub, T2 and Firepower (to name a few) are some of the most beloved, most highly regarded tables in all of pinball. Just because you don't like them doesn't change that fact.

We'd be lucky to get half of the ones you've listed in the next 2-3 years. And that's with multiple kickstarters and lots of luck.

Season 2 has 5 bad tables out of 20. Victory, El Dorado, Goin Nuts, Cue Ball Wizard, T'eed Off. And some people don't even mind those. The majority of Season 2 is solid.

I thought Victory, CBW and Tee'd Off were good. The last two were part of my childhood (Tee'd Off from bowling alley and CBW from Microsoft's TPA). El Dorado I like as well, as the strategy basically shifts over purely towards bonus and not big points anywhere else.

Now Goin' Nuts, on the other hand....ugh.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Oh come on, those are all licensed.

Did I really need to say "without license".

Hey Farsight, you hear him! Season 2 sucked, why didn't you release "lists 20 LICENSED tables".

Anyone could list 30 licensed ones... I could list 50. You knew that wasn't what I meant. You didn't list 30 non-licensed tables that would best season 2 because you can't.

LMAO not only did you list like 25 licensed tables, at least 11 of those would need Kickstarters. Come on...

You wanted an answer, I gave you an answer. I could still name 30 better tables than the ones I took from Season 2, UNLICENSED, but it would be pointless since you can't even comprehend that I never said "Season 2 sucked". I said Season 3 was better, because of much better table choices and improved graphics. However, like you do best, you're just trying to start an pointless argument.

It's funny, you hear everyone raving about Season 1, and this Season so far... but a lot of complaints for Season 2. It's must be everyone else but you, eh? lol

I love "Pin*Bot" and "Cactus Canyon" quite a bit, and thought those were among the few good ones from Season 2. As for "T2", it's an ok table. I think it says a lot when a huge, immensely popular license like "Terminator" struggled to complete it's Kickstarter goal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Farsight chipped in on the Kickstarter. I remember a lot of us thought it wasn't gonna make it, and then it somehow made it. If "T2" was as great, it wouldn't have taken until the final day or so to complete the goal. The brand alone is way too popular to do so poorly in a Kickstarter.

The point on the other tables is that, like I said before, I thought there were much better name choices to do first. I think of Season 1 as this amazing movie, with Season 2 being the usual mediocre sequel. We can argue all day about what tables are better than other tables, but there is no denying that Season 2 got endless amount of complaints.

As for the Premier tables, yes we know, you hate them to no end. We've heard this story many times. I thought "Cue Ball Wizard" was a great choice and was shocked that Farsight went with their gut and chose the better table over "Eight Ball Deluxe". I was even more shocked that they openly said so, which really ticked a lot of people off. I thought "Victory" was ok, but pretty average. As for "Tee'd Off", "Goin Nuts", and "El Dorado", well, we couldn't agree more. I thought those 3 were the worst tables from Season 2, without a doubt.

Oh I was addressing what's his face, not you. Drown rotten.

lol, grow up, kiddo.

I'm starting to see why you sent me those childish PM's that you "accidentally sent to the wrong person".

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Well I like T'eed Off better than No Good Gofers - the table layout and event trigger/progression makes more sense to me. Some of my very favourite tables are in season 2. Season 3 has been about playing tables I've never seen before, but aside from the novelty of unfamiliarity there's nothing this season that has gotten me excited.

It's interesting how wildly people's tastes differ when it comes to pinball. Diner looks pretty boring to me, so I'm actually more interested to see what Lights, Camera, Action is all about and any possible Stern table. Without a season pass it's hard to say how much of this season I'd actually have bought; I'm hoping next season will be more diverse in terms of table eras.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
LCA could not be any worse than Going Nuts

Hope season 4 has more licensed games

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well for one, the thread title is misleading as its no longer speculation as we know what the table pack 27 is and because of that any posts now made will not be about the thread title. Historical the threads have been close after the table has been announced and all discussions then move on to the next table speculation thread!!

Thought it would be just basic forum house tidying ethics!!??

Mods have those super powers to split part of the conversation to its own thread and lock off the rest. I know it's radical and possibly the start of some form of revolution ...

I was unaware the threads would get closed upon the table being announced. So fine, thread closed. Carry on in #28 spec thread.

And no, I'm not gonna bother moving the conversation. It's really just Wyda and Dokken going back and forth anyway.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I was unaware the threads would get closed upon the table being announced. So fine, thread closed. Carry on in #28 spec thread.
Sorry, I forgot to cover this in mod school. But yeah, one of us does generally close the speculation thread upon table announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts