Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
Well, a season that has White Water, Whirlwind, Flight 2000, Centaur, Cactus Canyon, Firepower, Champion Pub, Terminator 2, Space Shuttle and Pinbot can't be all that bad, can it?

For me, that is 10 (mostly)great tables. Season 3 will have 10 tables in total and I would guess 9 of them great tables so for me both seasons is on par. I see all the Gottlieb/ Premier tables from season 2 as a pure bonus(nothing to get worked up about) and El Dorado actually gets a lot of playtime from me.(but would have preferred the EM original version of it)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Well, a season that has White Water, Whirlwind, Flight 2000, Centaur, Cactus Canyon, Firepower, Champion Pub, Terminator 2, Space Shuttle and Pinbot can't be all that bad, can it?

For me, that is 10 (mostly)great tables. Season 3 will have 10 tables in total and I would guess 9 of them great tables so for me both seasons is on par. I see all the Gottlieb/ Premier tables from season 2 as a pure bonus(nothing to get worked up about) and El Dorado actually gets a lot of playtime from me.(but would have preferred the EM original version of it)

Yeah I'm not that big on Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub, or White Water. I like them alright, but if I didn't have them I'd be just fine.

Pin*Bot, on the other hand, is a must-have for me, and I really like Whirlwind and Victory too. If it weren't for goals and trophies, though, I'm not sure I'd play many other season 2 tables.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Go through the rosters and you'll see that all three seasons are chocked with big-time popular and iconic tables:

S1 - MM, BH, Taxi, AFM, STTNG
S2 - Firepower, HH, Centaur, Pinbot
S3 - BK2000, HS, W?D

Best thing about this is that this is just the tip of the iceberg, there's a ton of top-billed pinball machines to be brought to TPA, and I'm not even thinking of licensed tables.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree with "dave950lam" here

It was not meant to be a personal favorite list. CP and CC was a small disappointment to me also but they were both on top of the most wanted tables last year before they came out. A lot of people wanted them bad and the real machines are much more popular than things like Junkyard and Who Dunnit is. This was the point I was trying to convey.

Now, no more complaining about White Water, here there or anywhere from anyone or I will send Big foot over to steel your computer ;)

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
It wasn't like in Season 2, where it was all over the place, and some of those tables were just junk. ("Goin' Nuts", "El Dorado", "Tee'd Off", etc) Hell, we even got to CHOOSE a table this season!
saying "junk" about tables like El Dorado - is only matter of your personal opinion, btw centaur is one of my fav (but sadly is broken in tpa) and it was result of a poll too. not to mention such classics as Pin*Bot and T2

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Whodunit and black rose have been getting a lot of play. The only two tables I have not purchased this season are bn2000 and HS , it would be nice to get a real premium table soon though.

Jan 6, 2013
Centaur is broken? I like that game. What am I missing? Or should I not ask and let my ignorance keep me in bliss?

Well on the Vita with Centaur when you get to the 5 multiball and when you loose all your ball's it freeze's and it just keep's playing the audio sound's and you have got to reset it... very annoying that is the only problem i have noticed

N

netizen

Well on the Vita with Centaur when you get to the 5 multiball and when you loose all your ball's it freeze's and it just keep's playing the audio sound's and you have got to reset it... very annoying that is the only problem i have noticed

is that a typo, do you really mean the point when the game releases, or looses, the balls for multiball play, or when the player loses all the balls in play?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Centaur is broken? I like that game. What am I missing? Or should I not ask and let my ignorance keep me in bliss?

The answer is way above you.

I don't know what's so "broken" about it. Probably a minor art issue.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
The answer is way above you.
I don't know what's so "broken" about it. Probably a minor art issue.

Multiball problems (generally where the game loses track of the balls, so that when all balls drain, it just sits there) are an unfortunately a common enough issue in TPA. I've encountered them on occasion on a few tables, not Centaur yet, but on Scared Stiff, Firepower, Monster Bash, and a few others.

I wish the "call attendant" button was smart enough to not say "ball not stuck, cancelling request" after x seconds of inactivity... as the only recourse right now is to reset the entire game. A smarter "call attendant" feature is a good workaround.

I know from a programmer's perspective, there is no real pattern I see in when it does this and it might be a tricky issue to solve.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
saying "junk" about tables like El Dorado - is only matter of your personal opinion, btw centaur is one of my fav (but sadly is broken in tpa) and it was result of a poll too. not to mention such classics as Pin*Bot and T2

What are you talking about? Centaur is fantastic and one of my favorite tables to play on my phone. Can't wait for the PS 4 version . What is "broken" about it? It's rom emulated and looks fantastic. Only complaint I can think of is it's a little faster than the real life version but, come on, that's far from "broken".

I could've lived without those, and could easily name about 30 better tables.

Name them.

Season 2 has a lot of great games in it. You can't throw the whole season under the bus over a few Premier tables.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Multiball problems (generally where the game loses track of the balls, so that when all balls drain, it just sits there) are an unfortunately a common enough issue in TPA. I've encountered them on occasion on a few tables, not Centaur yet, but on Scared Stiff, Firepower, Monster Bash, and a few others.

I wish the "call attendant" button was smart enough to not say "ball not stuck, cancelling request" after x seconds of inactivity... as the only recourse right now is to reset the entire game. A smarter "call attendant" feature is a good workaround.

I know from a programmer's perspective, there is no real pattern I see in when it does this and it might be a tricky issue to solve.

Centaur has a pretty unique multiball for its time. You can add balls via guardian and orb features but it's not exactly stacking and there is no ball save. I wonder if the problem might be with simultaneous drains not registering. I've had multiball sessions that last more than ten minutes and add a couple dozen balls through its course with nonissue at the end. Then I've had 2 ball mode and had to reset the game.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
What are you talking about? Centaur is fantastic and one of my favorite tables to play on my phone. Can't wait for the PS 4 version . What is "broken" about it? It's rom emulated and looks fantastic. Only complaint I can think of is it's a little faster than the real life version but, come on, that's far from "broken".

Name them.

Season 2 has a lot of great games in it. You can't throw the whole season under the bus over a few Premier tables.

True statement. White Water remains one of my all time faves. Centaur was enjoyable despite the occasionally broken multiball play, due to its' overall look. Flight 2000 ended up being more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I was also impressed with Class of 1812 and CBW.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
saying "junk" about tables like El Dorado - is only matter of your personal opinion.

Not really.

Out of ALL the tables made so far, no tables get as many complaints as "Goin Nuts" and "El Dorado" get, esp on a daily basis.

Well, a season that has White Water, Whirlwind, Centaur, Firepower, and Champion Pub, can't be all that bad, can it?

I could've lived without those, and could easily name about 30 better tables.

Name them.

1. The Addams Family
2. Bram Stoker's Dracula
3. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
4. The Simpsons: Pinball Party
5. The Getaway: High Speed II
6. Lethal Weapon 3
7. Dr. Who
8. Tales from the Crypt
9. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street
10. Last Action Hero
11. Monopoly
12. Guns N' Roses
13. F-14 Tomcat
14. Phantom of the Opera
15. Safe Cracker
16. Rescue 911
17. Red & Ted's Roadshow
18. Judge Dredd
19. Corvette
20. WWF Royal Rumble
21. Star Wars: Epsiode 1
22. Dirty Harry
23. Rollercoaster Tycoon
24. The Shadow
25. Juarassic Park
26. Apollo 13
27. Banzai Run
28. World Poker Tour
29. Jack*Bot
30. Mousin' Around

(I can even take out all the big name tables and replace them with average SS/DMD tables if you want as well? lol)

I'm not throwing Season 2 under the table because of the Premier tables. (I thought "Class of 1812" was one of the highlights of Season 2, to be honest!) I'm saying it was a pretty average season with a few good tables. Plus, there were so many issues and delays with Season 2 as well.

The table selection this time around has been fantastic.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just feel that this season has been very solid. Take out the "extra" tables in season 2 and there's no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.