Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
I'd love to see Royal Rumble make it on TPA, but all other issues aside there's the whole Vince legitimately despising Macho Man rumor that's been around forever. Even if something happened to Vince, I'm sure HHH and Stephanie would be just as reluctant to see Savage appear as he does in the original design. Never say never when it comes to wrestling, but I feel like this one is most likely out of reach for a ton of reasons.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'd love to see Royal Rumble make it on TPA, but all other issues aside there's the whole Vince legitimately despising Macho Man rumor that's been around forever. Even if something happened to Vince, I'm sure HHH and Stephanie would be just as reluctant to see Savage appear as he does in the original design. Never say never when it comes to wrestling, but I feel like this one is most likely out of reach for a ton of reasons.

I think the Savage thing is waaaaaaaay overblown. Yes, there's a history, but as bad as the Ultimate Warrior suing the bejesus out of them over a 15 year period? Nah, and I certainly didn't see any "Macho Man" hit job DVDs like they did with Ultimate Warrior. lol

The rumor is Savage slept with Stephanie, but it's never been confirmed. The other story is that Savage, a CLOSE friend of Vince, burned his bridge when he went to WCW without notice. I don't recall seeing any other instances where Vince wished a departing wrestler good luck, live on the air. He did so the day after Savage jumped ship.

Personally, after seeing Tripe H sleep with Vince's daughter, I really doubt the first one is true.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Fair enough. I believe you're right about it being overblown, but it is worth mentioning. If true, it was supposedly when she was under age, so I guess that could technically be the difference. They did put out a Savage box set that was a true highlight reel and not a hit piece. Like I said, never say never.

You can never tell with them though. His omission from the Hall of Fame while Warrior made it in is kind of odd. But now we're straying off topic.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I think the bigger problem is that now he's dead it'll be his estate that decides what to do about Macho Man, he was patching things up with Vince but it wasn't far enough to agree to a Hall of Fame deal or a Legends contract.

We could very well end up with a Raul Julia situation where his family just flat out say no because they've moved on from that point in his life and have enough royalties to keep going.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I think the bigger problem is that now he's dead it'll be his estate that decides what to do about Macho Man, he was patching things up with Vince but it wasn't far enough to agree to a Hall of Fame deal or a Legends contract.

We could very well end up with a Raul Julia situation where his family just flat out say no because they've moved on from that point in his life and have enough royalties to keep going.

Nah, where we'll end up at is with no "Royal Rumble" at all. lol

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yikes, didn't realise how wrong I was about the popularity of BSD. Seems it's lack of existence in Australia is nothing compared to how it ranks in polls I'd never heard of. From now on, whenever I see "Dracula" mentioned, I'll think BSD (despite BSD being infinitely easier to type).

Apologies to all those I offended with my clarification.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I could talk about wrestling all day. I think with where things stand, the likenesses are not an issue as WWE basically owns your name, character and likeness for eternity once you sign on with them, at least from what I've read. Which is why Jim Hellwig legally changed his name to Ultimate Warrior. Of course now he signed a big contract prior to his death so I think if Farsight was interested in pursuing, it could be a very doable table (not unlike how they got Star Trek TNG) but probably quite expensive.

As for Savage, one rumor I've heard was vince was upset about taking the Slim Jim revenue over to WCW as they were one of the biggest advertisers and stayed loyal during all the controversial issues happening in the 90's so losing that account was a huge financial blow. Plus the stephanie rumor was that it happened when she was 17 (making her legal in the jurisdiction it allegedly occurred) and not 14. Of course Bautista made some comments about her and the talent on air recently. Probably just for some heat but very odd given the allegations in the past and in front of Triple H no less.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yikes, didn't realise how wrong I was about the popularity of BSD. Seems it's lack of existence in Australia is nothing compared to how it ranks in polls I'd never heard of. From now on, whenever I see "Dracula" mentioned, I'll think BSD (despite BSD being infinitely easier to type).

Apologies to all those I offended with my clarification.

No offense taken, though I am shocked you've never heard of Pinside or IPDB rankings before.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think with where things stand, the likenesses are not an issue as WWE basically owns your name, character and likeness for eternity once you sign on with them, at least from what I've read.

Bow, that is my understanding as well. I have a friend that is a pro wrestler and his actual name was changed slightly to be used as his wrestling name. I believe the character name belongs to the WWE.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I bet the nasty boys were happy with the change since they are the only two instantly recognizable dudes getting owned on the glass. I think the other two are the Beverly brothers? I can't recall that anyone on the backglass had left at that point, aside from previously mentioned, when the table came out (although a whole bunch of them would shortly after).

Think those two are - The Bushwhackers. If FS do get a chance to bring this out, they must use the prototype backplate :) Here is nive prototype machine with hasbro toys installed -

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Bingo.

It's amazing how Hulk went from JUICED to "Mr. Fitness". lol Also, look at Lex! Anyone who knows wrestling knows that Lex was juiced for YEARS....He NEVER looked that clean while with the WWF. It's also amazing how they went from like 30 wrestlers on the glass to only 6.

But nope, it has nothing to do with the steroid trial that was killing McMahon and the WWF at the time....

This was written on pinball database site -

"These are pictures of a true prototype cabinet and backglass artwork. That first whitewood game was a narrow-body pinball but all the wrestlers were steroid-inflated widebodies. Some steroid scandal hit and WWF made DE redo the artwork so the wrestlers were more sleek, while in the meantime we decided the market needed more widebody pinballs. There was line art done for the narrow body playfield but there was never a screened playfield, just a whitewood, and I don't think it was ever actually built up and playable."

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Think those two are - The Bushwhackers. If FS do get a chance to bring this out, they must use the prototype backplate :) Here is nive prototype machine with hasbro toys installed -

The Bushwhackers are in the bottom right. The two I'm referring two are getting beat by Sgt. Slaughter and crushed by Earthquake. Can't see their faces but purple tights with stars seems like Beverly Brothers from what I remember.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This was written on pinball database site -

"These are pictures of a true prototype cabinet and backglass artwork. That first whitewood game was a narrow-body pinball but all the wrestlers were steroid-inflated widebodies. Some steroid scandal hit and WWF made DE redo the artwork so the wrestlers were more sleek, while in the meantime we decided the market needed more widebody pinballs. There was line art done for the narrow body playfield but there was never a screened playfield, just a whitewood, and I don't think it was ever actually built up and playable."

I rest my case. :cool:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm always amazed at how much how many people know about pro wrestling. My roommate got me into it in the late 90s, but I haven't followed it since.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm always amazed at how much how many people know about pro wrestling. My roommate got me into it in the late 90s, but I haven't followed it since.

I stopped watching after WWF bought out WCW... after that, it just hasn't been entertaining at all. Plus, they script everything anymore, not just the match outcomes, so every wrestler is basically the same robot as the next.

The late 80s to late 90's WWF is where it was for me. I miss it dearly.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I stopped watching after WWF bought out WCW... after that, it just hasn't been entertaining at all. Plus, they script everything anymore, not just the match outcomes, so every wrestler is basically the same robot as the next.

The late 80s to late 90's WWF is where it was for me. I miss it dearly.

That match between Andre The Giant & Hulk Hogan was the best ever

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm assuming this isn't a speculation anymore, since you guys are talking about WWF.

OP: Safe Cracker. Wild pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts