Table Pack #30 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
With all the talk of Bram Stoker's Dracula, I still think that table will be either the first or second table of Season 4. Season 3 should end with Diner as Pack #29, and I'm going with Red & Ted's Roadshow as Pack #30. I know Red & Ted has a little bit of licensing, but I don't think it's an overwhelming amount. (Indeed, I think it would be less expensive than Bram Stoker's Dracula.)

Season 4 should see (in no particular order except as noted):

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1st or 2nd so as to be near Halloween for mobile users)
High Speed II: The Getaway
Jack*Bot
Cyclone
Earthshaker
Monopoly
Tales Of The Crypt
F-14 Tomcat
Safe Cracker
Eight Ball Deluxe

There was a comment that Season 4 would be much like Season 3 with high-quality, highly-sought after, reasonable-license cost tables. I think that sounds right to me. And those tables seem like they'd fit the bill. Other possibilites that wouldn't surprise me include:

Banzai Run
Seawitch
Fathom
Rescue 911

The only real wildcard is if there's a break-through in the negotiations over The Addams Family. If so, a KickStarter supported inclusion of that table would show up sometime in Season 4. But, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I know this is a speculation thread, but I'll never understand why everyone thinks we'd get a Halloween themed table as the first table of a new season? It's never happened, so I don't get the thinking behind that? In any event, I hope those people are wrong, because the sooner we get "Bram Stoker's Dracula", the better. It's endlessly requested and it's sales would definitely give Farsight a boost.

It would seem that your tables guesses for next season would be pretty on par with what Farsight have been releasing lately.

As for Season 4, I was the one who said that it'll probably be "Season 3- Part II", with the same highly popular, but low costly tables, which I think is fine by most everybody here.

In regards to your last 4 tables, I highly doubt we'll get any of them:

- A lot of people have asked for "Banzai Run", but it appears that the design would be difficult for Farsight at this point in time. They've also said as much.

- The only time I've ever seen anything for "Seawitch" is from that early poll they took a while back. Beyond that, nobody really requests it besides a few people here.

- Although "Fathom" is HIGHLY requested around here, I haven't seen hardly any requests for it on the FB page, and being an older table doesn't help it chances either, as Farsight is trying to get out as many highly popular, mostly late 80's-early 90's tables.

- As for "Rescue 911", it's one of very few highly requested Gottlieb tables, but Farsight sadly doesn't seem too interested in it. They've had several chances to do it, but always choose another table, like the garbage that is "Lights, Camera, Action!" that next to nobody ever requested. I don't get the logic behind it, but whatever, it is what it is.

Pretty sure FS have been leaving hints on Facebook. Enough to get people pretty certain it's coming soon.

Pretty much.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Pretty sure FS have been leaving hints on Facebook. Enough to get people pretty certain it's coming soon.

My viewpoint is that FS haven't really been leaving any hints lately, they've been mum at responding to *any* "please make table XXX" post...

BSD is *definitely* one of the more popular requests so unless there is an odd license snag I'm sure it will be made eventually. Personally I think the "BSD will be table 30" talk is more is speculative, but it's not baseless.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I know this is a speculation thread, but I'll never understand why everyone thinks we'd get a Halloween themed table as the first table of a new season? It's never happened, so I don't get the thinking behind that? In any event, I hope those people are wrong, because the sooner we get "Bram Stoker's Dracula", the better. It's endlessly requested and it's sales would definitely give Farsight a boost.

Because for the past two years we have gotten horror-themed pinball tables during the Halloween season. In 2012 it was the Elvira tables: Elvira & the Party Monsters & Scared Stiff. Last year it was Haunted House & Class of 1812.

So in keeping that trend going,we should get two horror themed tables this year. #30 of Season 3 & #31 (1st table of Season 4).

If that happens,then BSD is probably the last table in Season 3 - and Tales From The Crypt could start off Season 4 with a Data East table. If this doesn't happen - then I say BSD is the Halloween table that kicks off Season 4. It just makes sense.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
In regards to your last 4 tables, I highly doubt we'll get any of them.

Okay...let's take this one at a time:

- A lot of people have asked for "Banzai Run", but it appears that the design would be difficult for Farsight at this point in time. They've also said as much.

I'm tackling this first. TPA posted this comment on their FB page concerning Banzai Run the other day:

The Pinball Arcade Sure is, we've discussed it... the playfield design could be a bit problematic, but if we are confident we can do it justice it may make it to the game some day. We all really like the idea.
Like · Reply · June 7 at 8:20pm

Banzai Run fits all the criteria for making it into TPA,and it has been done in VP. I firmly believe it will be coming into TPA at some point.

The only time I've ever seen anything for "Seawitch" is from that early poll they took a while back. Beyond that, nobody really requests it besides a few people here.

if you look here at the Official Stern poll sanctioned by Farsight - Seawitch lost by four votes to the winner which was Flight 2000. If we get another classic Stern table,this will be it.

Although "Fathom" is HIGHLY requested around here, I haven't seen hardly any requests for it on the FB page, and being an older table doesn't help it chances either, as Farsight is trying to get out as many highly popular, mostly late 80's-early 90's tables.

If the same few people on FB keep requesting the same tables,that doesn't mean it is highly requested. It just means that those 7-8 people keep posting the same pins. Fathom is one of the highest rated SS games of all time.

Fathom is currently #66 on the IPDB charts - ahead of Junk Yard,Black Rose,Black Knight 2000, and Rescue 911. On Pinside's top 100,it currently ranks #74 - ahead of Black Rose,High Speed,Safe Cracker,and F-14 Tomcat...to name a few. Farsight has stated that they take those lists into account.

As for "Rescue 911", it's one of very few highly requested Gottlieb tables, but Farsight sadly doesn't seem too interested in it. They've had several chances to do it, but always choose another table, like the garbage that is "Lights, Camera, Action!" that next to nobody ever requested. I don't get the logic behind it, but whatever, it is what it is.

Yes, Rescue 911 is a highly requested table,for a Gottlieb. So was Lights,Camera,Action (at least in the official Gottlieb poll). Just because you think the table is garbage doesn't automatically make it so. (Though it isn't a stretch to say it'll probably be the weakest table in Season 3,IMHO). I think you see 911 eventually,especially if there is a Season 5 forthcoming.

Which I firmly believe there will be. You aren't going to be traveling to all of the gaming cons & pinball festivals promoting a game that you are planning to end in a couple of months.

Anyways,that is my opinion. Only time will tell just how correct I end up being...

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Getaway is bound to be coming. It will be weird on a mobile device. Nudging and manga save is awful on an iOS unit so I can't imagine shifting gears will be any more pleasant. I would guess this will be end of season 4 or at worst early season 5.

I just shift with my knee when my hands are busy with the flippers.. no wait that's when I'm playing in the garage, nevermind.

Other than during Video Mode there is no downshift (and there's no real need for it there - winning vm is easy staying in 5th gear right from the start) so I don't see why the standard launch button spot couldn't be fine for the shifter when using touch-screen controls. They could make a second button show up just during video mode or just ignore downshift altogether. During the rest of gameplay pressing the shifter up or down does exactly the same thing. I usually just press down to launch a ball every once in a while so the game doesn't start thinking there's a switch issue.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
...In regards to your last 4 tables, I highly doubt we'll get any of them:

They have said it would be difficult but they have also said it could be possible, so at least they are actively thinking about it. Honestly I don't see how its all that much different than what they did for CV, just slightly more involved. After having a chance to play it for the first time a few weeks ago I have to agree with Nightwing that it needs to find its way into TPA at some point. Its too unique to be left out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
They could use a "push button" for touch screen controls and maybe map it to the R Stick up for the players that use a controller. IDK, I suppose it will ultimately depend on how they decide to map the controls for PC/Console at the same time, but having to go to a simplified shift mechanism for the touch screen controls on mobile would be the most likely work around, imo.
My response is actually mostly covered in the next quoted post
I just shift with my knee when my hands are busy with the flippers.. no wait that's when I'm playing in the garage, nevermind.

Other than during Video Mode there is no downshift (and there's no real need for it there - winning vm is easy staying in 5th gear right from the start) so I don't see why the standard launch button spot couldn't be fine for the shifter when using touch-screen controls. They could make a second button show up just during video mode or just ignore downshift altogether. During the rest of gameplay pressing the shifter up or down does exactly the same thing. I usually just press down to launch a ball every once in a while so the game doesn't start thinking there's a switch issue.
I was going to make the same comment about shifting, up or down will launch the ball.

In the video mode while the screen says "video mode" you simply shift up so that you start driving in 5th get to maximize points. downshifting is indeed pointless.

However. After you lock the second ball. During the animation, if there are 3 police cars in the parking lot of the donut shop, if you shift down then up three times you will start secret mania.

This is pretty well the only place you actually need the downshift and it's not necessary but it is a cool easter egg and would be a shame to not be able to activate it.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm not sure that you need that many shifts to start secret mania but that is a fair point, you would need downshift then. I'll test it out a bit tomorrow but I think I've started it with just one up-down-up move on the shifter. I don't know why I ever even start it though, it seems like I always drain before it ends and its only worth ~20 million. It has some cool sound effects at least I guess.

Edit: Confirmed my memory was correct, Secret Mania starts with just up-down-up on the L2 ROM. Still includes down either way so point stands.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Because for the past two years we have gotten horror-themed pinball tables during the Halloween season. In 2012 it was the Elvira tables: Elvira & the Party Monsters & Scared Stiff. Last year it was Haunted House & Class of 1812.

So in keeping that trend going,we should get two horror themed tables this year. #30 of Season 3 & #31 (1st table of Season 4).

If that happens,then BSD is probably the last table in Season 3 - and Tales From The Crypt could start off Season 4 with a Data East table. If this doesn't happen - then I say BSD is the Halloween table that kicks off Season 4. It just makes sense.

True, but again, you have to take into account that we're now getting less tables than previous seasons, which means that any possible future Halloween tables from here on out will be released earlier than October. In reality, any console users will get their Halloween table by then or later anyway, because mobile and PC users always get their stuff earlier than we do.

As for a Halloween table being the last table of the season, I've never argued that.... that's always been a given.

Again, I wouldn't count on a Halloween table being the first table of any new season, it just doesn't make any sense, but I guess I'll let Farsight do the talking for me.

Okay...let's take this one at a time:

I'm tackling this first. TPA posted this comment on their FB page concerning Banzai Run the other day:

The Pinball Arcade Sure is, we've discussed it... the playfield design could be a bit problematic, but if we are confident we can do it justice it may make it to the game some day. We all really like the idea.
Like · Reply · June 7 at 8:20pm

Banzai Run fits all the criteria for making it into TPA,and it has been done in VP. I firmly believe it will be coming into TPA at some point.

Yes, I was the one who sent you that comment from them, but the key word is "Problematic". If it was possible, it would've already been done already, esp seeing how they went after another rare and unique table like "Goin Nuts". As before, I'll let Farsight do the talking. So far, we've got "Problematic" and no "Banzai Run".

I would be surprised if they could ever figure out how to do that table, to me it seems pretty tough.

if you look here at the Official Stern poll sanctioned by Farsight - Seawitch lost by four votes to the winner which was Flight 2000. If we get another classic Stern table,this will be it.

Isn't that what I just said?

Yes, "Seawitch" was in the poll and lost, and that poll was how long ago exactly?

The point is, the table isn't highly requested, and Farsight has clearly moved away from older tables such as that one. The problem you also have is that there are so many other great, much better tables worth doing, that they just drown out the old stuff. Hey, don't take my word for it, just look at what tables Farsight keep releasing.

I think we'll see another old table like "Sorcerer" before we see this one. (Not to mention "Seawitch" isn't faring too well in my Season 4 Top Ten Most Wanted Poll! lol)

If the same few people on FB keep requesting the same tables,that doesn't mean it is highly requested. It just means that those 7-8 people keep posting the same pins. Fathom is one of the highest rated SS games of all time.

Fathom is currently #66 on the IPDB charts - ahead of Junk Yard,Black Rose,Black Knight 2000, and Rescue 911. On Pinside's top 100,it currently ranks #74 - ahead of Black Rose,High Speed,Safe Cracker,and F-14 Tomcat...to name a few. Farsight has stated that they take those lists into account.

You do realize that there are thousands more people that participate and post on the FB page than over here, right? I think I'd notice if the same few people were requesting a certain table. lol The fact is, not many request "Fathom", and your pinside ranking would be valid, except Farsight doesn't really always care about that. If they did, we'd have the highly requested "Eight Ball Deluxe" over "Cue Ball Wizard".

They will always take ranking and how much a table is requested into account, but usually never both at the same time. Plus, they're sometimes going to do a table that THEY specifically want to do. One of the reasons why "T2" got made, besides the rare chance of getting it, was that THEY wanted it because it was one of their most loved tables. I don't remember too many requests for it at that time.

Yes, Rescue 911 is a highly requested table,for a Gottlieb. So was Lights,Camera,Action (at least in the official Gottlieb poll). Just because you think the table is garbage doesn't automatically make it so. (Though it isn't a stretch to say it'll probably be the weakest table in Season 3,IMHO). I think you see 911 eventually,especially if there is a Season 5 forthcoming.

Which I firmly believe there will be. You aren't going to be traveling to all of the gaming cons & pinball festivals promoting a game that you are planning to end in a couple of months.

Anyways,that is my opinion. Only time will tell just how correct I end up being...

The issue with the Gottlieb Poll was that most of them were horrible choices, and the ones that people DID like were all Premium type tables like "Freddy", etc. I remember most people voting on those tables just based on looks. I mean, how many complaints do we see on Gottliebs around here and on the FB page? It's endless, and when they announced "Lights, Camera, Action!", the complaining and groaning was as expected. In fact, I've never seen a single request for "Lights, Camera, Action!" anywhere, so it was surprising to see they chose that over the few other endlessly requested tables like "Rescue 911". However, like you said, it made the Top 10 Poll, so I can't argue that one.

As for it being garbage, well, so far all I've heard are bad reviews from players who have it. I haven't seen too many positive comments. (And yes, it is by FAR the weakest table this season, there should be ZERO debate one that one.)

As for "Rescue 911", again, I highly doubt we'll see it. Whenever someone asks for it, Farsight never talks highly of it. Also, a while back if I recall right, someone asked on the FB page to rate a select number of tables 1-10 on the chances of them happening, and "Rescue 911" got a big fat zero. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to like that table, and I'm convinced even more of this by the selection of "Lights, Camera, Action!", which again, never gets requested. (When "Rescue 911" gets requested weekly)

I guess time will tell how right or wrong either of us are, but in any event, it's been fun discussing these things with you.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think the October pin will be a horror theme. Be it TFTC or BSD. Whether that is the last or first table of any season makes no difference at all.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well, the main tables for September & October for the past two years have been horror themed. None from the PHOF Reissues. So having TFTC & BSD come out in consecutive months is a possibility for sure. But if it's only one scary table - then that will kick off Season 4.

As for the other four pins we've been discussing, there probably isn't a good chance that they all get made. But I do think we get two of the four before all is said and done.

Only time will tell...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well, the main tables for September & October for the past two years have been horror themed. None from the PHOF Reissues. So having TFTC & BSD come out in consecutive months is a possibility for sure. But if it's only one scary table - then that will kick off Season 4.

As for the other four pins we've been discussing, there probably isn't a good chance that they all get made. But I do think we get two of the four before all is said and done.

Only time will tell...

I think Phantom of the Opera and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are both contenders as well. Besides, Season 1 had both Elvira's and Monster Bash/Creature from the Black Lagoon. That's 4! Never a shortage of "horror" themed tables in the pinball world.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
I think Phantom of the Opera and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are both contenders as well. Besides, Season 1 had both Elvira's and Monster Bash/Creature from the Black Lagoon. That's 4! Never a shortage of "horror" themed tables in the pinball world.

I'd also love Phantom and Frankenstein...preferably BSD first but i hope eventually all of these are released.As well as Crypt, of course.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
With all the talk of Bram Stoker's Dracula, I still think that table will be either the first or second table of Season 4. Season 3 should end with Diner as Pack #29, and I'm going with Red & Ted's Roadshow as Pack #30. I know Red & Ted has a little bit of licensing, but I don't think it's an overwhelming amount. (Indeed, I think it would be less expensive than Bram Stoker's Dracula.)

Season 4 should see (in no particular order except as noted):

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1st or 2nd so as to be near Halloween for mobile users)
High Speed II: The Getaway
Jack*Bot
Cyclone
Earthshaker
Monopoly
Tales Of The Crypt
F-14 Tomcat
Safe Cracker
Eight Ball Deluxe

There was a comment that Season 4 would be much like Season 3 with high-quality, highly-sought after, reasonable-license cost tables. I think that sounds right to me. And those tables seem like they'd fit the bill. Other possibilites that wouldn't surprise me include:

Banzai Run
Seawitch
Fathom
Rescue 911

The only real wildcard is if there's a break-through in the negotiations over The Addams Family. If so, a KickStarter supported inclusion of that table would show up sometime in Season 4. But, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I didn't mean to spark off so much debate about those last four tables. Indeed, I'm NOT predicting we'll see them in Season 4. My Season 4 guesses are the ten tables above that (or Red & Ted if it isn't the final table of Season 3 like I'm supposing). Those other four were just other guesses that I think are less likely, but wouldn't surprise me if any of them supplanted one or more of the ten above. Of course, FarSight could surprise us completely by going somewhere else entirely. (I have to admit, I didn't see Lights, Camera, Action coming at all.). Of those "other" tables that wouldn't surprise me, I might add a fifth, Judge Dredd.

I would also note that I think that if we don't see a break-through in the negotiations for The Addams Family, the chances for a different KickStarter campaign for another premium-licensed table (like Simpons Pinball Party, Lord Of The Rings, etc.) is close to nil. The last KickStarter for T2 was successful, but not overwhelmingly so. I think KickStarter campaigns are something FarSight wants to be far more selective with, and the only table they'd want to "play that card" with these days is The Addams Family if they could somehow clear the other hurdles with that table.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

Keep in mind *both* TFTC and BSD have license issues. That fact honestly makes me curious how the talk on these tables is so certain.

(I've heard talk about BSD being "license free" and that absolutely is inaccurate. That logo on the backglass and the playfield certainly is owned by Columbia Pictures and I think a couple actor likenesses appear on the playfield and backglass that would probably have to be cleared by Columbia Pictures as well. That's not to say it's insurmountable, but it would be a mistake to think of this table as license free.)

TFTC in addition is a 1990s Data East, whose system they have not emulated yet (probably because most of the tables are licenses).

Again, not that any of these issues are insurmountable, but I would not be *certain* BSD or TFTC is coming. They might be, yes. BSD is more likely IMHO (already emulated system).

But so far, the last season, they've been doing only "low hanging fruit" (as in very little licenses required at all). This is the chief factor I can see why BSD will not be coming soon, doing this means they have returned to doing a bit heavier license tables again.

Last edited:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
But so far, the last season, they've been doing only "low hanging fruit" (as in very little licenses required at all). This is the chief factor I can see why BSD will not be coming soon, doing this means they have returned to doing a bit heavier license tables again.

Now this doesn't sound good at all concerning BSD and other license tables.Is Farsight having financial issues that have driven them towards this approach?Is that why the tables are twice as expensive now?Are future tables endangered in general?You'd think that wouldn't be the case if they are even considering the Pinball After Dark spinoff.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Now this doesn't sound good at all concerning BSD and other license tables.Is Farsight having financial issues that have driven them towards this approach?Is that why the tables are twice as expensive now?Are future tables endangered in general?You'd think that wouldn't be the case if they are even considering the Pinball After Dark spinoff.

From what I can tell, they've done only two licensed themed tables that aren't Elvira, Universal Monsters, or Kickstarters. Those two are Sterns with probably not-too-difficult licenses (Ripley's and Harley).

There's been an occasional music clip in other pinballs that they probably had to get permission. But it's not new news that they tend to avoid big licenses. (Makes business sense, after all, it's an extra business cost.) Maybe the other licensed themes were pretty easy too. Cassandra Peterson is reportedly a pinball fan, and Universal Studios was celebrating their 100th anniversary at the time TPA was released so maybe they were pretty happy to merchandise more of their old school icons.

The real deal with this is that they are starting to run out of obvious 1990s and newer DMDs (the category that probably sells best) that do not have licensed themes or elements. Now, there's some licenses that I can't see how it would be that huge. BSD would sell well, you'd think, for instance, so if the art license is cheap enough and Farsight still wants to do an occasional minor licensed pin, it will make it.

If they've given up on all licensing, though, expect more System 11s and LCA-style "surprises". Maybe they'll be able to wiggle in Rollercoaster Tycoon and Monopoly. *shrug*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts